Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?

Go down 
+5
E. Don Harpe
joefrank
LC
Carol Troestler
alice
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:05 pm

Boy did you miss the point. Hope you have fun on the one way cruise.

Night night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:07 pm

No, I got the point. I just disagree with the concept of taxing the productive to give equal care to the non-productive. Your speech about how we're all equal was irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:35 pm

I’ve lived and worked in America. I'm familiar with the work ethic and the health care system, as it existed, until today.

I’ve lived and worked in an area of the world where there were no social programs. Families took care of their own. Health care was available if you could afford it. If not, you suffered and died.

I’ve lived and worked in Canada before and after they introduced a national Health Care program. It is not the best program, but it is the one that those opposed to Health Care reform pointed to as a model.

I lived and worked in Europe where a good Health Care program is available and works.

The Health Care program that is now being introduced in America is not the best program, but it is a start. With time, it will be improved.

Preventive medicine, having annual checkups and access to care when symptoms arise, reduces the need for emergency services and reduces costs.

Now that the program will be signed into law, stop fighting it. Those opposed to it want it to fail. They would prefer that people who need care would be denied just so they can claim a political victory. Perhaps the Mental health of some should be treated.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:00 am

Sleep

Last edited by Long gone on Sun May 02, 2010 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:36 am

Sleep

Last edited by Long gone on Sun May 02, 2010 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 6:25 am

A few decades ago the government closed long term mental health facilities and put the people out on the street, being kind supposedly. So now they are on the street, without families, without needed help.

Those of us with physical problems get the help we need. Those with mental health problems are not always treated as well, although there are many trying to change this.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 6:43 am

Carol, that is even true in the military, unfortunately. During the Vietnam war, Audie Murphy went public with his struggles against PTSD, hoping to change things. Unfortunately, veterans who return from combat duty are still often being overlooked.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:20 am

alj wrote:
Carol, that is even true in the military, unfortunately. During the Vietnam war, Audie Murphy went public with his struggles against PTSD, hoping to change things. Unfortunately, veterans who return from combat duty are still often being overlooked.

Ann

Ann,

I know this is true. My brother is a good example.
Back to top Go down
madhatter
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
madhatter

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:57 pm

I am soooo conflicted about all of it. While I support the idea that everyone should have access to health care, I flinch a bit whenever the federal government becomes involved in anything...seems the snarky red tape often trips them up.

I have been amazed at the childish behavior across the country. I often escape to the worlds I create. People tend to me much nicer to each other there.

Alas...
Back to top Go down
http://www.rhettdevane.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:56 pm

madhatter wrote:
I am soooo conflicted about all of it. While I support the idea that everyone should have access to health care, I flinch a bit whenever the federal government becomes involved in anything...seems the snarky red tape often trips them up.

I have been amazed at the childish behavior across the country. I often escape to the worlds I create. People tend to me much nicer to each other there.

Alas...

Don't stop, Rhett. The more people creating worlds where people are nice to each other, the greater the chances of them becoming real.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:37 pm

Rhett,
In recent months, the issue of having the government involved in having a health care program was promoted as a negative.
Having private industry involved is supposed to be a positive?
We have seen what private industry did to our economy. We have seen that our government can administer programs like social security, the VA, etc. When trust is needed, people turn to the government. That's a whole lot different than trusting a politician. Elected officials and political appointees are not all trustworthy, however the government also has career employees who perform the duties prescribed by law.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 4:05 am

How about the government's involvement in wars. No one had a fit and said the government
has a poor history of winning wars.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:29 am

Lots of people have had fits about the war. It just didn't do any good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2