Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies

Go down 
+3
Dick Stodghill
Sue
zadaconnaway
7 posters
AuthorMessage
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyWed May 13, 2009 10:29 pm

This is a sensible little book that aims to uplift and offers support as well as some great techniques to use as stress relievers. Sue writes as though she is in conversation with the reader, which puts you at ease with her.

She shares some of her own trials and how she overcame them without becoming 'preachy'. This is a short and easy to read book that I will keep by my bedside for a long time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:01 am

Thank you so much, Zada! It is an honor to have you do a review. I am so glad you enjoyed the book, and that it helped you in some way.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptySat May 16, 2009 5:41 am

Nice review, Zada. Sounds like Sue has produced a worthwhile book.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyMon May 18, 2009 9:30 am

I love this book. It is full of great ideas. It can be read in small doses or all at once. It is a very worthwhile book.

Last edited by Alice on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 5:30 am

Thank you so much for the kind words, Alice. May I use them, Zada and Alice, in my marketing?
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 7:57 am

Twisted Evil

Last edited by D. J. (Don) Stephens on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Thank you, Dj! I am glad you liked it even though it is not your normal genre. It looks like we both have crossed over. *giggle*
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:09 pm

There are threads where the specifics of a formal review can be delineated and those who wish to follow those specifics may certainly do so. Some web sites and publications are designed to print reviews that follow a specific format.

Personally, I want someone to tell me they liked the book; it made them feel good; it challenged their thinking; they couldn't put it down; it was a page-turner; it was a good story; it was outside their genre but they liked it anyway; or even, as a friend recently said, "my husband and I are both reading it - he thinks its moving a little slow - but you know how men are, it's not his type of story." I haven't the final verdict there yet, but that's a friend who'll give me some sound advice.

I also like to know if the reader found the characters of interest and the plot compelling. There are probably more things, but most of them are one-liners.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:24 pm

This is a bit off topic, but DK reminded me of something. A friend once came to me and said, "Your book is causing serious problems between me and my husband." I asked how, and she replied, "He's reading it first, after we go to bed, and he keeps saying, 'Susan, listen to this...,' even though I ask him to keep it to himself so it won't ruin the story for me."

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:36 pm

A friend of mine has a similar story. Arirang: The Bamboo Connection is nearly 500 pages. My friend said her husband was mad at me for interfering with their sex life. She just couldn't put it down until she learned whether the heroine and the hero were together at last - and it took 500 pages to find out. Her husband had no interest in the book, but she was obsessed to the point of ignoring him - and he's not easily ignored.

Fortunately, my recent writing until I finished Ghost Orchid consisted of short stories, one per anthology; so the interference is diminished. Even Ghost Orchid doesn't hold a candle to Arirang: The Bamboo Connection in length, probably just under 200 pages when published. Hopefully, it's as mesmerizing but interferes in their marriage less.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies Empty

Back to top Go down

Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies
Page 1 of 1