Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 9:09 pm

Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies uses stories and metaphors to inspire and inform readers on how to deal with life situations. The insights shared come from personal experiences, as well as from others. "Life is Like..." addresses mind, body, and spirit. Insightful views on meditation and dealing with self, others, and relationships help people caught up in disappoints, negativity, anger, and fear. Help is here now!

http://www.suesunshine.com/RYLsubscriptionform.html
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 2:35 am

Congratulations on the publication of your book Susie! I hope it is great success. The first of many!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 3:40 pm

Thank you so much, Shelagh!!!!
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 8:21 pm

Yes, Susie, add my congratulations to Shelagh's. BTW, I love chocolate chip cookies. Especially fresh from the oven. I checked out your publishing company before, and I am hoping for your utmost success.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 8:36 pm

Hello, Zada

Thank you for the congrats! I remember you telling me that you had checked out the publishing company website. It is changing as I change. I am now adding a media room and need input on it. I am now tweaking it. Am going to put it in a format like the main page and have to add downloads. But the basic info is there.

Thank you again for your kindness. It is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 1:39 am

I just checked it out again, Sue. I like it. It's informative but not too cluttered. I think other things have changed since my first visit, too. It seems simpler in the layout and the number of pages. It's been a while, so my memory may be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 11:29 am

Hi, Zada,

I changed the media room page. My husband says it looks fine to him. I think it doesn't. Here is a new link to it.

http://www.weavingdreamspublishing.com/media2.html

Could you go there again sometime and refresh the page and let me know what you think? It just doesn't 'feel' right to me.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 11:59 am

Hi Susie,

You are almost there! It will look terrific if you could just change the width setting. If you don't know how to do this, there should be some kind of help available on the site developer. Find the help file and search on page width.

Well done! You will do this and it will look terrific!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 3:36 pm

Thank you, Shelagh! That width thing I figured I needed to change. *smile* And just add my downloads.

I want to thank you for all the help you have given me over the months. You are so kind and generous. I appreciate your input!

Blessings
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 4:01 am

Sue, I think it looks fine, except for the width that Shelagh mentioned. (From the bio down)
Back to top Go down
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 8:14 am

Hi Sue, or is it Susie?

I just browsed your site and have to say I'm so impressed. You started your own publishing company? I've known a couple of writers who wanted to do the same thing but became overwhelmed at all the work involved. So Congratulations!

Wanted to tell you I've browsed some known small publishers whose sites didn't look as nice as yours. Good job. The only error page I found was in trying to read an excerpt.

I also read some of the testimonials, and one in particular struck me: the one about the woman who had difficulty finding a job. Evidently you told her that she hadn't found the right job for her soul to grow, to keep looking. Wow. That was beautiful. Reminds me of something I read, can't remember where, about a writer in despair because she'd received so many rejection letters, and she was advised to look at it from another point of view, that she hadn't been sending to the right agent for her. When she finds the right one, then things will click. I thought that was wonderful advice and melds with your thoughts about the right job. Just makes sense when you stop and think about it, but sometimes we get so down and depressed about our failures that we can't see the upside. That's where someone like you can be an excellent advisor.

So congratulations again, and best wishes for your success.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 3:44 pm

Hello, Brenda,

Thank you so much for your kind words! You have no idea how much they meant to me!

I went to the links you posted and I was impressed myself! I loved your straight forward and honesty, especially with the services and fee schedule. I felt so comfortable at your site. It was easy to follow and I didn't get lost as happens with some sites I visit. I have bookmarked it.

Yes, starting and maintaining a publishing company is a lot of hard work. I am still learning and probably will for quite sometime to come. However, it is also very rewarding. I am able to help other authors and point them in other directions that work for them. I am able to give them tips and what to look for depending on what avenue they chose. At this time I am not comfortable with publishing anyone else's material. Perhaps I will never be. At least I can help with what I have experienced myself.

Why did I start a publishing company? I didn't want to!!!! *grin* However, I was led by my spirit to do it all from beginning to end for several reasons. I needed to learn the whole process inside and out. This was affirmed by several people. I am glad I did. I am hoping, though, that the next one I can just hand off to someone else and not have all the other things that have kept me from writing due to time restrictions.

I had to wear all the hats, which in marketing they tell you not to do. With no money and no one to help without paying them, it has been a difficult process. I have not only the things with my book, but all the domestic things to deal with as well. No one to pick up the slack, so to say. Writing, publishing, and marketing with a husband under foot 24/7 has been my biggest challenge.

I do have to admit that if I get stuck in a spot I will ask if anyone can help. And Spirit/Universe/God does send someone to get me over the hump, but I have to do it myself. *grin*

The consultations that I do are mostly intuitive ones. I do readings as well, but mostly consultations. I am so blessed to be able to use the talents that God has given me to be able to achieve all that I have achieved.

Sorry this got long. *grin*

Thank you again, Brenda, for your best wishes and kind words!

Blessings from my spirit to your spirit!
Back to top Go down
LynnCSWC
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
LynnCSWC

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Sue wrote:
Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies uses stories and metaphors to inspire and inform readers on how to deal with life situations. The insights shared come from personal experiences, as well as from others. "Life is Like..." addresses mind, body, and spirit. Insightful views on meditation and dealing with self, others, and relationships help people caught up in disappoints, negativity, anger, and fear. Help is here now!

http://www.suesunshine.com/RYLsubscriptionform.html

Hello, I'm new to Published Authors. I saw the Thread title and thought...that sounds interesting. I love chocolate chip cookies...and make some really good Butterscotch and Chocolate chip cookies, according to many of my friends. I also like your concept. Just felt like telling you that. Thanks for listening.

Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies 986286
Back to top Go down
https://cswcllc.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies   Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies Empty

Back to top Go down

Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies
Page 1 of 1