Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs?

Go down 
+8
alj
Dick Stodghill
E. Don Harpe
Richard Stanbery
Phil Whitley
alice
Carol Troestler
zadaconnaway
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs?   Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs? - Page 5 EmptySun May 03, 2009 6:51 am

Alice,

I posted on a different thread that David, as an adult, described himself as, "...the most precocious, annoying, and ill-mannered five year old the world has ever known." It was a considerable overstatement, except for the precocious part. As his mother, I knew he would outgrow the stage, but there were times when I was virtually his only supporter. But at about 14, the age when most children start being problems, he just grew up, started accepting responsibility, and became my greatest supporter at a time when I needed one.

What is really fun today is seeing all of them together, and how their spouses all fit into the group. I have six "children" now. It is hard to tell the "in-laws" from the originals.

We all do our best. And I'll bet that having six instead of two or three would have made for very different households than those our children grew up in.

Ann Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs? - Page 5 293992 Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs? - Page 5 921805 Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs? - Page 5 765642
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs?   Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs? - Page 5 EmptySun May 03, 2009 6:54 am

Carol and Ann,

Too funny! I had two Mother-in-laws with definite ideas about child -rearing. They did not believe in helping with the children just lectured and inspected .

Maybe I can count them as children and get even with you, or even pull ahead.

Anyway, when our kids were moving here from the UK, they stayed with us for four months.

Mother-in-law kept up on her inspections.

One day she

arrived as Jonah and I were in the midst of an altercation.

That I didn' t throttle her, is probably one of the wonders of the world.

Jonah was to stay out of the kitchen. This was not an unreasonable request as he had the rest of the house at his disposal and he disposed of it quite well. He was three yeas old and I was afraid he would hurt himself im the kitchen. We have Henckel knives etc.

All of a sudden, I looked for him and he was in the kitchen on a bar stool
near the Henckel knives.

"Jonah" I said "You come down from there, You do not belong in the kitchen."

Jonah looked at me and grabbed a 9x13 pyrex baking dish off of the counter and flung it on the floor.

"JONAH," , I yelled, YOU SIT RIGHT THERE--I pointed to a place, AND DON'T YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH TO TALK--I AM MAD AT YOU!"

Please be advised--my yelling is not true yelling any longer. PD took care of my voice.

Mother-in-law looked very dissapproving and said, " But, he is so worthwhile."

I said "Yes, he will be even more worthwhile when he begins to do as I say,"

She sniffed her disapproval and I didn't care. I finally thought this is my house and my life-- didn't even ask her what she'd have done.

Carol,
What a precious picture!

Last edited by Alice on Sun May 03, 2009 9:38 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs?   Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs? - Page 5 EmptySun May 03, 2009 7:04 am

I'm going to try a picture here, worth more than words.

Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs? - Page 5 Img00110
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs?   Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs? - Page 5 EmptySun May 03, 2009 7:39 am

I presume those children read about that stunt in a book.
What a grand picture!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs?   Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs? - Page 5 EmptySun May 03, 2009 7:48 am

We were camping in a national park and the older kids at the top climbed the tree in the morning. If I remember right, my husband got the younger three up there also, and, like I tell the little one in the yellow pajamas, he was behind her holding her.

I want to put this photo on a book cover someday.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs?   Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Censorship in Wisconsin--Librarians losing jobs?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5