Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !

Go down 
+4
alj
dkchristi
LC
joefrank
8 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! Empty
PostSubject: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 4:26 pm

2/19/2011

Has revolution already started in the USA ? Wisconsin is
getting ugly ! The claim it's going to spread to other states.
My opinion , you never know ? I do believe people in this
country are getting tired of the lies and deceits of the
politicians, now more democrats are resigning next year.
Including an independent and two republicans, I guess they
see the writing on the wall , the public is fed up...

Cheers..Joe.... HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! 925501
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Except in Wisconsin, it's not the public who's rebelling, it's government workers! They're angry at the prospect of their rich salaries and benefits being cut. One of the workers quoted in an article I read was a computer lab assistant who makes $21K/year plus full benefits. I think that's awfully generous for someone whose job basically involves keeping paper and toner cartridges stocked. These people don't have a clue.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Executive salaries have increased 267% in the last ten years while the rest of the economy has been abysmal.

Collier County Florida was going to advertise for a superintendent of schools at a salary of $260,000. The governor of the State of Michigan is foregoing his salary of $159,000 because he's made his millions already and his state is one of the worst in the nation, financially. I remember when the governor of Idaho made $30,000 (1987) and had a four-seater prop plane.

I'd like to know how a school district, one of 67, needs to pay $260,000 to its exec which also bumps up the Assistants, etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:51 am

The education situation in Texas is abysmal right now. Our recently re-elected gov. and long time bush bud, Rick Perry, chose not to accept stimulus money, and now he is bemoaning the lack of available funds for our programs. He's cutting education money in droves, and our students' education will suffer for it.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:57 am

Ann,

How odd?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:58 am

The Republican stand is always the same.

Education? Can't fix it by throwing money at it.

Planned Parenthood? Can't fix it by throwing money at it.

Heating subsidies for the poor? Can't fix it by throwing money at it.

Healthcare for millions that need it? Can't fix it by throwing money at it.

Tax cuts for the wealthy, war in Iraq, subsidies to corporations, big oil? Can't fix... wait, yes we can, we can fix these things by throwing money at them. All we have to do is figure out how to screw some more people that really need the money, and then...
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:58 am

What was his reason for turning down the stimulus money?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:09 am

E. Don Harpe wrote:

Tax cuts for the wealthy, war in Iraq, subsidies to corporations, big oil? Can't fix... wait, yes we can, we can fix these things by throwing money at them. All we have to do is figure out how to screw some more people that really need the money, and then...

When you are right, you are sooooooooo right HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! 973110 HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! 973110 HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! 973110
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:18 am

E. Don Harpe wrote:

HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! 950944 Ann
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:19 am

LC wrote:
What was his reason for turning down the stimulus money?

He said that it would lead to central government control of education, and that we didn't need it.

Ann
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:24 am

I've heard of some congresspeople turning down federal monies, their reasoning being that they wanted to stop the practice of grabbing money for states just to grab it; that money should be allocated where needed. I have mixed feelings about that. It's admirable in theory, but will only work if everyone does it. In practice, few will, and why should they? Shouldn't state representatives have their states' interests in mind as opposed to the general country's?

Just saw this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110219/ap_on_re_us/us_broken_budgets_a_warning_ignored

Apparentl unemployement reserves are low. I blame this on the ridiculous extensions that Obama has given the unemployed. It makes them complacent. Maybe they need to do all that work that we're always told we need illegal aliens to do.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:38 am

LC,

The uinemployed are hardly complacent. Some of them will never be employed again.

Why? Age. Don't blame them for living.

Last edited by alice on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:40 am

Not everyone who is unemployed is old. Young people need to move, go back to school, take a job "beneath" them, whatever it takes. Two years of handouts doesn't solve anything, and yes, after a year, it becomes unemployment handout, not insurance.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:46 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/20/business/economy/20older.html
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:53 am

The issue here is union-busting more than it is about government salaries.

The people spoke at the polls. They elected a Republican majority. Now they begin to understand the wisdom in the old saw, "Be careful what you wish for."
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Alice, we discussed that article here awhile back. I said it was unfortunate that woman chose to use this opportunity to present herself the way she does in that picture. The whole article is about her poor choices, like using her severance pay to travel to Thailand and such. No sympathy here, sorry. At some point Darwinism takes over.

Al -some union busting probably needs to occur to address government salaries.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:36 pm

There wil be no understanding from you until you get old. I know you think it will never happen, but trust me, it will.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Welcome back, Don. I forgot you vote for the people who are in the majority - those for whom the economic bust has destroyed their dignity and forced them to seek government assistance. Your voice is needed here.

Florida was the glory state for employers who did not want to have unions. General wages in Florida remained lower than in states with strong unions. As a "right to work" state, it was generally the last to feel recession woes because of it's two-class society: those who had it before they got here and those who filled the low wage service jobs to meet the needs of those who have it. Not this time; the construction bust caught Florida with an excess of workers and no jobs.

I don't think now is the time to cut wages and jobs. Save that for later. It just means less money spent in the economy. Now is the time to invest in small businesses who create jobs in this country.

At the moment, I would venture to guess (no stats in my hands) that the workers in this country seeking employment are discouraged, not lazy. Tell the employees laid off from Borders that they are lazy. Tell those at my local Target store that closed. Boy, talk about the tale of two corporations. Target guaranteed their workers a job at other Target stores and provided some severance for those who could not move. Borders says, "so long; so sad" with no exit assistance whatsoever. That move makes me eager to shop "online" as they suggest.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Actually, I stand corrected. It is the time to look at the wage disparity and the fact that large corporations have used this recession for profit solidifying and executive wage escalation and lower wage earner lay offs and increased productivity from those remaining. Yes, some wages need to be cut. Unfortunately, they are in charge and "ain't lettin' go of theirs."

Just look at the number of small businesses with boarded windows and closed strip malls - and the number of new corporate buildings, skyscrapers and executive mansions still under construction. That doesn't take a genius to figure out, just a good eye on reality.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:29 pm

2/20/2011

This is shocking but doesn't surprise me ! I've read similar
stories on the news about 55 and older and unemployed. I
have a friend here who worked in a gallery for five years, she
was laid off a year ago, her and her husband own a house and
he works for Toyota as a salesman, and I wknow Toyota is on
shaky ground. I was downtown today to meet a friend, there
were over 12 stores for rent plus others, the tourist trade here
is dying, Santa Fe is known as a tourist town, in 1998 it was
booming, you couldn't walk on the streets, so crowded. I've
read that over forty galleries have closed, that friend of mine
the gallery where she used to work is still up for rent , now for
a year and they want $6,000- a month rent. I think this country
is going to hell in a hand basket ! A saying from a good friend of
mine for 42 years who just died on 2/17 at 97 years old.....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:48 pm

Well, Borders went into bankruptcy and doesn't have other stores to send the laid off workers to; it's reorganizing/closing them all. Target just closed a store.

Anyhow, about Florida, Miami is a third world country as far as I'm concerned. Unchecked illegal immigration of no-skill people, with the attendant crime and poverty. Same with LA. You can only blame evil corporations for so long before blaming evil public policy. But on the bright side, they can celebrate the diversity.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:31 am

The title to this thread, "Has Revolution Started in USA?"
I think evolution has started and will continue. To grow, to progress, means change. We want to hold on to what we are accustomed to and feel comfortable with. I think we need to adjust to the inevitable changes that come with progress. It is a new way of thinking and working. High Tech has provided that.

If we refuse to change, we stagnate. That doesn't mean we must embrace everything new. I think we must see it, evaluate it, and then decide if it's right for us. Our evolution requires thought. It it good for me, for my family, and eventually, for my country? We can either embrace it, or fight to make it better.
High paid jobs for the few -vs- no jobs for the many, doesn't make sense. With technology, adjustments are required, and that includes the thinking of those who govern as well as the CEO's. A famous quote from Spock of Startrek: "The need of the many outweight the need of the few." See the following for more details about this quote. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_philosopher_said_the_needs_of_the_many_outweigh_the_needs_of_the_few

Revolution or Evolution. Perhaps the former will cause the later to happen in a progressive manner.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:30 am

2//20/2011

Abe..

Just read awhile ago that Libya is in revolution, the
troops already have shot 200 people ! You don't shoot your own
people, these dictators don't realize when you do that it's the end.
Morocco is in turmoil, Bahrain, Yemen, I hear Kuwait is starting and
in China someone is calling for the " Jasmin Revolution," their cracking
down ...

I do believe the govt. here needs to do more 14.5 million
people out of work is big, they need to pay people to retrain to
become teachers, health care, construction, etc....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 8:52 am

We need to stop encouraging corporations that outsource jobs. We should tie tax incentives to the percentage of labor done here. Future bailouts/stimuli, if any are to be, should be based on the reclamation of out-sourced jobs.

Encouraging the out-sourcers and downsizers smells like a union-busting strategy. When the jobs have all gone overseas, the unions must shut down. No dues being paid in = no operating revenue for a union. Now, with no collective bargaining to deal with, management can bring jobs back at much lower wages. And it's the 19th century again.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:29 am

Noticed that did ya? Think you're dead on. BTW, NAFTA was drawn up under Reagan. I'm sure Clinton was in favor of it, but the fact remains that he's blamed for signing it, when that's pretty much all he did with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !   HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY ! Empty

Back to top Go down

HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !
Page 1 of 1