Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

School shooting close to hime

Go down 
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

School shooting close to hime Empty
PostSubject: School shooting close to hime   School shooting close to hime EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:08 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57601270-504083/texas-high-school-stabbing-one-dead-at-least-two-injuries-in-stabbing-at-spring-hs-near-houston-report-says/

Quote :
(CBS) SPRING, Texas - One person is dead and two others are injured after a stabbing at a suburban Houston high school Wednesday morning, reports the Houston Chronicle.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office says it responded at about 7 a.m. to a report of a stabbing at Spring High School.
A 16-year-old boy with a stab wound was among the injured, reports CBS affiliate KHOU. Around 8:15 a.m., a news helicopter captured images of two men being taken into custody in handcuffs outside the school, reports the station.

The school was reportedly still on lockdown as of 9:30 a.m., and parents were being kept away from campus.
Deputies said two people were transported via LifeFlight helicopter to Memorial Hermann- the Texas Medical Center.
The story is developing.
There is a road dividing the west=east sections of the subdivision where I lived in NW Houston for 22 years.  Both sides are basically equal as to the cost of homes, social preference, etc.  The road just happens to be the dividing line between two equally impressive school districts.  When we first moved into the area, the superintendent of the district on the "other" side was a close, close personal friend from my home town.  He was one of the first individuals to call and welcome me to the community.  Our home was less than a quarter-mile from the road which marked the geographical divide.

Had we bought a house on the other side, my children would have attended the high school in this article.  And, of course, that was a quarter-of-a-century ago.

Still, I knew many members of the faculty at the time, and friends of my children were students there.  The school is a very close equivalent to the one my children attended.

This is a "good" school.  The socio-economic demographics are quite high.  The graduates generally go on to good colleges and universities.

We all think that these shootings, etc, take place in other schools and areas from our own.

I will be watching this "developing story" with intense interest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com

School shooting close to hime
Page 1 of 1