Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion?

Go down 
+2
dkchristi
joefrank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion? Empty
PostSubject: Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion?   Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion? EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:12 am

7/29/2013

Pope Francis shocks news reporters with his answer, I believe he
                      is a people's Pope, what is your opinion ? He brings great joy..

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/29/pope-francis-on-gays-who-am-i-to-judge/?hpt=hp_t1

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion?   Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion? EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:20 pm

The Catholic church is hurting in terms of people coming into the ministry.  They already have so many gay and lesbian priests and nuns (celibacy does not require a sexual orientation declaration) that to declare them unfit would be a disaster.  They will eventually open to females as well.

I think this Pope is more in touch with the real world than many have been.  When the church starts selling off its wealth to benefit the impoverished I will find it in even more favor.  The Catholic church is not the only one that has amassed extreme wealth and power as a result of that wealth and my suggestion applies to all churches since all their teachers did not direct them to amass wealth but rather to minister to the needy with compassion and caring.

There are many Catholic examples that represent compassion and caring as there are in other religions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion?   Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion? EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:47 pm

7/29/2013

DK...

.........Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion? 973110 
                                    .....................We are the world ...Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion? 765642 

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion?   Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion? EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 5:09 pm

Tax the churches and religious sects and I will be happy.  Churches are massive corporate entities that spew out lots of power politically but have no retribution or accountability.  That is my opinion.  It is not just the Catholic church...The Baptist Churches...First, Second, and all the other Holy Roller churches have lots and lots of money that needs to be spent on their 'flocks' and not on Washington lobby people.  I dare not mention the TV evangelistic garbage...
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion?   Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion? EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 5:21 pm

7/29/2013

DO you mean Jimmy Swaggert ?  He's and others are phonies ..

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion?   Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion? EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm with you, Betty.  In fact, there should be no exemptions for any non-profit.  They just put taxes in their budget like everyone else and solicit a few more funds to cover.  Their wealthy executives are a disgrace to the working people who take from their meager incomes to contribute.

Contributions, likewise, should have a cap on those that are considered non-taxable.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion?   Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion? EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:00 pm

7/29/2013

DK...

You forgot one, Unions should never, ever be allowed to give
                      members money to politicians to get them elected..It should be made
                      illegal with a prison term for the union leader and the politician...

Cheers.....Joe...Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion? 60121
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion?   Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion? EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:04 pm

Betty, you have a way of getting to the root of problems.  I like that.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion?   Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion? EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:18 pm

As for the Catholic Church and the Pope, I have always wondered about the validity of a Pope who is viewed by many as God’s representative, however he is elected into that position. 
It is however good when a leader of the church has compassion and this Pope appears to have compassion for the common man and sets an example by paying his own way.  He also uses public transportation instead of a Limo.  Security is always a concern and the Pope Mobil is seen as a necessity.   I find that a bit strange.  Wouldn’t prayer for God’s protection eliminate the need for security or is there a lack of faith?  Just my thoughts
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion?   Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion? EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 8:50 am

Supposedly his quote about gays was taken out of context. I don't care enough to copy/paste, though. I'm indifferent to all religions, but I do think that, for all their problems, we're better off with organized religions than without them. I don't believe the canard that most people can be "just as good" (whatever that means) without being raised in some sort of spiritual framework.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion?   Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion? EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 5:20 pm

LC, I tend to agree with you about the value of religion.  While I object mightily to religion as a basis for laws in this United States, religious beliefs do provide a higher ethical standard for many people and enriches their lives.  I know I receive great benefit from the camaraderie at my little church and my life is better as a result.

I think religious instruction for children gives them something in their youth which is better than nothing.  My children were raised Catholic and not one goes to church at all.  However, they all have a strong sense of moral right and wrong that can't be missed with a Catholic upbringing.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion?   Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion? EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:32 am

I, too think children should go to church and have a religious upbringing, but they should be encouraged also, to explore and find their own truth. Not every religion is right in every aspect. 

I admire the pope, but wonder how he can ethically carry the title of GOD.
My own religion has a few flaws.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion?   Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pope Francis shocks news reporters. What is your opinion?
Page 1 of 1