Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD

Go down 
+3
Al Stevens
Abe F. March
joefrank
7 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  Empty
PostSubject: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:47 pm

10/24/2013

I applaud Pope Francis for his great courage to get rid of corruption
                   in the Catholic Church, what he did today is commendable..

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2013/10/23/vatican-sacks-blingbishopforluxurylifestyle.html

Cheers..Joe...                             POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  973110
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Agree Joe.  The Cardinal should have been sacked instead of placed on leave, however I think going on forced leave may be a nice way of sacking.
Due to the actions of this Cardinal, it is said that one third of the congregation left the church.  I think they will return with a new Cardinal or Bishop as they support the new Pope's austerity and his actions to help the poor.  He is a breath of fresh air. 
Now if we can just find a way to sack the Tea Party.
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 7:27 am

How austere is the Pope's style of living?
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:13 am

10/24/1013

The Pope lives in a hotel , he refuses to live in the Vatican. I believe he
                   wants to show people he's part of the people, he's not above them, Abe...
                  that's a un-called for remark about the Tea Party, the Vatican has nothing to
                  do with them...I believe we should have several parties in this country besides
                 the two jackasses that rule...Oh yes I read Merkel is furious at Obama for his
                spying, I don't blame her, trhere are millions of Americans who don't trust the
               govt. anymore, they lie, they cheat....They would throw their own Mother under
              a bus to get re-elected, matter of fact I read already their getting ready to campaign
             next year, disgusting !!!

Cheers...Joe...                             POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  634186
Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:30 am

He is never ceases to amaze me!
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 9:56 am

joefrank wrote:
10/24/1013

The Pope lives in a hotel , he refuses to live in the Vatican. I believe he
                   wants to show people he's part of the people, he's not above them, Abe...
                  that's a un-called for remark about the Tea Party, the Vatican has nothing to
                  do with them...I believe we should have several parties in this country besides
                 the two jackasses that rule...Oh yes I read Merkel is furious at Obama for his
                spying, I don't blame her, trhere are millions of Americans who don't trust the
               govt. anymore, they lie, they cheat....They would throw their own Mother under
              a bus to get re-elected, matter of fact I read already their getting ready to campaign
             next year, disgusting !!!

Cheers...Joe...                             POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  634186
I agree, Joe, that The Vatican, whatever its problems, and the current Pope seems to be working to correct them, has nothing to do with the Tea Party, whose religious ties are firmly based in Protestant Fundamentalism.  Here is their own declaration from their official website:

http://www.teaparty.org/about-us/
Quote :
The Tea Party includes those who possess a strong belief in the foundational Judeo-Christian values embedded in our great founding documents. We believe the responsibility of our beloved nation is etched upon the hearts of true American Patriots from every race, religion, national origin, and walk of life sharing a common belief in the values which made and keep our beloved nation great. This belief led to the creation of the modern-day Tea Party.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:47 am

Finding a way to sack the Tea Party was not in reference to the Vatican.  Jeeesh.

As for the NSA, the spying started with Bush's Patriot Act.  Unfortunately Obama didn't put an end to it.
Both Germany and France have called Obama about the spying issue.  The NSA listened in on Chancelor Merkel's Cell Phone and it is causing much disgust in Germany.  The NSA has gone too far. Germany's foreign minister, Westerwelle has called America's ambassador to his office.

I hope these remarks will not be mis-interpreted.  Yes, I'm talking about our National Security Agency Spying on friends.  I understand there is a planned march on Washington this coming Saturday against the Patriot Act.  No, the march on DC has nothing to do with the international spying on nations.
Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 859

PostSubject: Re: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:48 am

I agree, Joe, that The Vatican, whatever its problems, and the current Pope seems to be working to correct them

Yup. The Catholic Church does move slowly at times but he's getting the ball rolling.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 11:12 am

10/24/2013

I pray he lasts a long long time ! Pope Francis you keep going !

Cheers...Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 11:36 am

joefrank wrote:
10/24/2013

I pray he lasts a long long time ! Pope Francis you keep going !

Cheers...Joe..Very Happy
Keep the prayers going. Considering his stance, he may very well need them

Crossing a few fingers wouldn't hurt, either.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594

PostSubject: Re: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 12:41 pm

I am for the spying.  Whatever makes our country safer is okay with me.  I'm for the examining at airports and ship ports.  All these countries "up in arms" do their own spying; they just didn't get caught.  I'm sorry we were so stupid as to allow a couple whistle blowers to tell the tale.

The U.S. set herself on a pedestal and there's no one wanting to keep us there because we are such a young country for so much power.  It grinds their gourd.  

They can read my email, listen in on my phone conversations and put listening devises in all public places and cameras on every street corner. 

This is not yesterday's world.  The elements of destruction are everywhere and whatever keeps them away from me suits me fine.

It's sort of like I told my friends in mid-life who seemed to get the wandering eye.  Don't tell me and don't get caught.  Be safe.  Use discretion.  Don't destroy families and break hearts. 

Of course countries need to protest.  I would protest if I knew my phone was tapped.  The trick is not to let me know.

Then live my life in such a way that the lack of privacy is a personal gripe, but not a life ending experience.

I know paranoid people who have lived on the edge and now look over their shoulders.  What a way to live, constantly watchful.

If a few Catholic churches had more cameras many young men might not have experienced the shredding of their lives.

Technology is a good thing in this regards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:24 pm

DK.  I think that this is the first time that I do not agree fully with your post.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 12:48 am

So, spying of foreign countries is an outrage, but if US citizens object to having private data encoded on the back of our SS cards, we are paranoid?

It is fine for the government to spy on its own citizens, but not other countries?

I don't get that.
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 7:12 am

Abe F. March wrote:
DK.  I think that this is the first time that I do not agree fully with your post.
DK.  I think that this is the first time I do agree fully with what you posted.Exclamation Shocked                              POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  986286 

One problem I have is with the people that want to be protected from war and terrorism , but feel the need to tie the hands of the agencies that have been directed with that task. Another problem I have is when information is gathered by these agencies the politicians get involved and the information becomes useless.  If the information gathered by spys had been used properly 9/11 and Benghazi could have been prevented!  If it hadn't been for spys JFK woulldn't have known and couldn't have prevented the missles from going into Cuba.  Can it be abused...definitely, but it can also be controlled without telling the whole world about what's being done.
JMHO!

We now return the thread to its original theme!
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:08 am

Based on previous posts, whatever I would write to explain my views would be misinterpreted requiring further clarification.  I'm just too tired to get into it and don't think it important enough to make the effort.  
It is obvious that I have failed as a writer.  I think highly of both DK and Don and respect their opinions/views.  Given the opportunity with eye to eye contact would certainly make a difference.

Wishing you all a nice weekend.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:32 am

10/25/2013

I read this AM Merkel is on the warpath plus other world leaders, I agree
                   your suppose to be a friend on one hand and on the other your bugging their
                   private phones, I think our govt. is two faced and they know it and their very
                   arrogant about it, it's time for them to cut the crap or 2014 will see alot of
                  these bums thrown out of power....

Cheers..Joe...                             POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  925501
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594

PostSubject: Re: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Abe, your posts are required.  How does one disagree if there's only air - and no words to stimulate thought.  Same goes for agreement, in part or whole.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD                                 POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD  Empty

Back to top Go down

POPE FRANCIS I APPLAUD
Page 1 of 1