Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Hello, fellow writers and story tellers

Go down 
+2
dkchristi
DMPierson
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DMPierson
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
DMPierson

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2012-07-27

Hello, fellow writers and story tellers Empty
PostSubject: Hello, fellow writers and story tellers   Hello, fellow writers and story tellers EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Hello one and all. I'm a newly published fantasy author, entering the quite frightening realm of self publishing. In fact, I don't think I've ever been more scared in my entire life than I was when I sent in my book to be published. My first book "Beautiful Savage" recently went on sale over at Amazon and I hope I can learn more from my fellow authors. I'm all for constructive criticism, in fact I thrive on it. Nothing helps me more than other's pointing out where my weaknesses lie.

As of right now, people seem to like my stories, it's just a matter of advertisement that seems to be the bane of my existence. But no matter, even if only one person in the entire world likes my book, then I can take comfort with that knowledge. I'm really not in this for the money, though that would be nice, I'm doing this because I love to write and tell stories.

I'm currently working on my second and third book simultaneously. Don't ask, it's just how I do things. But basically, if I'm stuck on one, I can always work on the other with no problem, and vice versa.

Let's see, what else about me? Inspirations? Well... everything really. I can get inspired by the shape of a cloud, to the blowing of grass peddles, from a piece of art by Marc Chagall, to the explosions of a Micheal Bay movie. Inspiration is all around us and ever present, all I have to do is open my eyes to the world around me and I can craft a story out of what my mind sees.

So thank you for listening/reading to me ramble on and I do look forward to my time here.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello, fellow writers and story tellers   Hello, fellow writers and story tellers EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:43 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello, fellow writers and story tellers   Hello, fellow writers and story tellers EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:20 am

Hi D.M.

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
DMPierson
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
DMPierson

PostSubject: Re: Hello, fellow writers and story tellers   Hello, fellow writers and story tellers EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:48 am

Thank you, it's always nice to feel welcomed.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello, fellow writers and story tellers   Hello, fellow writers and story tellers EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:14 am

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Duncan Pile
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Duncan Pile

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello, fellow writers and story tellers   Hello, fellow writers and story tellers EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:59 am

Hi and Welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello, fellow writers and story tellers   Hello, fellow writers and story tellers EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:56 pm

One more post, Duncan, and you will be all starry.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Duncan Pile
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Duncan Pile

PostSubject: Re: Hello, fellow writers and story tellers   Hello, fellow writers and story tellers EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Smile This one doesn't count
Back to top Go down
Duncan Pile
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Duncan Pile

PostSubject: Re: Hello, fellow writers and story tellers   Hello, fellow writers and story tellers EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:10 pm

oh!! I have a star! Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
DMPierson
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
DMPierson

PostSubject: Re: Hello, fellow writers and story tellers   Hello, fellow writers and story tellers EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Duncan Pile wrote:
oh!! I have a star! Thanks Smile
Heh, no problem... oh that wasn't directed at me, whoopsy.
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello, fellow writers and story tellers   Hello, fellow writers and story tellers EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 3:11 pm

Hello, fellow writers and story tellers 591890 Hello, fellow writers and story tellers 591890 Hello, fellow writers and story tellers 591890 WELCOME Hello, fellow writers and story tellers 591890 Hello, fellow writers and story tellers 591890 Hello, fellow writers and story tellers 591890
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, fellow writers and story tellers   Hello, fellow writers and story tellers Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello, fellow writers and story tellers
Page 1 of 1