Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Hello, and thanks making this forum available

Go down 
+3
Abe F. March
Shelagh
stevenlw1956
7 posters
AuthorMessage
stevenlw1956

stevenlw1956

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-06-10

Hello, and thanks making this forum available Empty
PostSubject: Hello, and thanks making this forum available   Hello, and thanks making this forum available EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:08 pm

I am always awkward at these online introductions. Wouldn't you think that after posting on Bulletin Boards and Forums for something like 30 years I'd be better at them by now?

I live with my wife and two children in a small town in northern California, not far from San Francisco.

I write professionally business articles and booklets and provide sales and marketing support for a small specialty publisher.

As far as I am concerned, reading and visiting bookstores and libraries saved my life. This is hyperbole, I know. However, books and bookstalls were my only refuge from the short but intense heartbreaks and injustices that a small child experiences, and never forgets.

A few years ago, I passed my fiftieth birthday. Fifty, which Dumas described as the 'youth of old' age, came and went but I didn't feel any younger. Just last month, I celebrated number fifty-six, and I have finally decided that I want to write something other than stories for business. So I am starting to look for a way to expand. I don't know what genre I will end up in, and I am uncertain about whether I have anything significant enough to say that anyone would bother reading what I write.

I have at least twenty years of living left me, however; I think it might be time to try to do something during that time that I can look back on and say "It was worth it."

Thank you for reading my post. I hope to make a few friends here.

Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and thanks making this forum available   Hello, and thanks making this forum available EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:01 am

Hi Steven,

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and thanks making this forum available   Hello, and thanks making this forum available EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:25 am

Welcome Steven.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and thanks making this forum available   Hello, and thanks making this forum available EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi Steven,

Welcome to this fine forum. I am a friend of book stalls in the olden days, myself. I hope you have found peace.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
damienjoseph

damienjoseph

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and thanks making this forum available   Hello, and thanks making this forum available EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:54 am

Hi Steven, nice to virtually(if even possible) meet you.
Back to top Go down
http://damienjoseph.info
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and thanks making this forum available   Hello, and thanks making this forum available EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:58 am

I remember my sister-in-law saying at 55, "I lived the first 55 years of my life for everyone else; the next 55 are mine." Enjoy your next 55...with lots of writing and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and thanks making this forum available   Hello, and thanks making this forum available EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:12 pm

How often do you just let go and journal? I find that letting go and letting my pencil or my fingers do the work leads me into stuff that takes hold and insists on being written.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and thanks making this forum available   Hello, and thanks making this forum available Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello, and thanks making this forum available
Page 1 of 1