Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

A writer in the making

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

A writer in the making Empty
PostSubject: A writer in the making   A writer in the making EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:25 am

Today I received an email from my daughter with an attachment that my grand-daughter wrote as her language Arts essay.
Just had to share this. She is 12 years old.

Fantasy Story by Natalie Long, Block 3, 4/18/12

The woods sang with life today. Today the woods opened up their heart to us. Its wind ruffled the black and grey fur on my back, making it stick up straight, but I did not care. Today was special. Today, I would be made an apprentice. I would learn the ways of the clan, and acquire my special power. I was contented with life today, as contented as a newborn pup, lying next to its mother.
I ran into the camp, where I quickly rubbed heads with mother, and almost sprinted to Gray Streak, the one who will train me. I had almost reached him (as he was at the other end of the camp) when I ran into (or rather they ran into me) Long Face and Tuft Tail, twins who were very contentious, always arguing about one thing or another. I was often the one that settled the arguments. “ That is not true! She is going into training tomorrow!” snapped Long Face.
“It is today! She told me!” Tuft Tail snapped back.
“ Calm down!” I said, “ I am going into training today, though you should respect each other opinions. Now if you would excuse me, I need to see Gray Streak!”
I bounded over to Gray Streak. He was sitting on a rock, and you could see fully why he was respected a great deal. He is white with a single grey streak running down his back. His power is being able to make food plentiful in times of need, but only when absolutely necessary. Many looked up to him, not only because he was a powerful figure, but also because even with all this he was not conceited. “You are ready? Asked Gray Streak.
“Yes.” I said nervously.
“Come here. I will give you a tour of the woods.” Said Gray Stripe.
“But I know the woods.” I said.
“No, I mean the place you were forbidden to go as a cub.” Gray Stripe amended.
I was very excited. The forbidden place! I could not wait until I told my friends!
Gray Stripe led me into the forest. On the way to the forbidden place, we met Brown Muzzle, who was black except for his muzzle, which was brown. Brown Muzzle was rarely receptive to new ideas, and very obstinate in his choices, even if he knows it is not the right one. For that reason, we averted our eyes and walked a little faster. Soon, we were in unfamiliar territory, at least for me. We came out into a clearing, and saw a structure, but it did not look natural. “This is where the humans live. Always avoid them, no matter what. They are deceitful and can never be trusted.” Said Gray Stripe. “Now we will go to the place to get your power.”
I bounded along after him, extremely excited. We reached a beautiful section of the woods, and I sat down, eager to begin. Gray Stripe instructed me to sit down in a leafless patch. I obeyed, and I felt a wonderful warmth flow through me. I opened my eyes, and suddenly I felt as if the world was speaking to me, and me alone. I could hear the flies and the sparrows. They all talked to me. Gray Stripe looked at me and said “I will come back later to check on you. Explore your new power, investigate your abilities.”
“Oh I will!” I said, my voice shaking with excitement.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A writer in the making   A writer in the making EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:46 am

What a wonderful essay, Abe! Very Happy You do seem to have a budding writer in the family!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: A writer in the making   A writer in the making EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:49 am

Beautifully written, and such a cool concept.

Redstone would be impressed, too.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: A writer in the making   A writer in the making EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:20 am

So would Wooffer!

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: A writer in the making   A writer in the making EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:43 am

Thanks all. Betty, she loves animals. I think she may become the next Betty Fasig.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: A writer in the making   A writer in the making EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 7:09 am

4/19/2012

Abe..

She's very good ! A new writer who

takes after her grandfather..

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A writer in the making   A writer in the making Empty

Back to top Go down

A writer in the making