Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Mysteries of Life

Go down 
+3
A Ahad
Abe F. March
dkchristi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Mysteries of Life Empty
PostSubject: Mysteries of Life   Mysteries of Life EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:21 am

Do you ever look back on memories and see them as perhaps dreaming; do they lose their reality as though they happened to someone else?

On the otherhand, do you ever have the feeling that life is repeating - just in different circumstances?

As an example, when Abe mentioned the Black Forest in another post, my memory was of a couple in their early 20's traveling Europe in a new VW hatchback (circa 1968) footloose and fancy free, not a care in the world. It was like someone told me a story about them; not that the couple included me.

On the second topic, I cleaned house pretty thoroughly yesterday and was struck by the comfort my home provides. I had visions of the winter darkness when the glow of the fireplaces makes it even more so. The feeling was a familiar one, repeating in other homes in other cities at other times in my life - that same feeling of just looking around and feeling fortunate. I had flashbacks - to so many places all coming in at once because of the feeling in that moment. It was as though layers of time had come together in a way I cannot explain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Mysteries of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysteries of Life   Mysteries of Life EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:56 am

Or walking on the beach - it's like the present melds into all the other walks on the beach in all the other decades of life, this beach and others.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Mysteries of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysteries of Life   Mysteries of Life EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:18 am

I have gone to places for the first time and it felt as though I had been there before. It is a curious phenomenon.
Back to top Go down
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Mysteries of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysteries of Life   Mysteries of Life EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:30 am

This is my kind of topic.

Anything to do with dreams, coincidences that defy all the odds, de javu (what Abe just mentioned), the way the past and the future both seem to be threaded together in deeply convoluted ways... is all evidence of another kind of reality.

The Black Forest reminds me of my novel, as I too have a fantasy place by the same name:

http://firstarktoalphacentauri.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Forest
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Mysteries of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysteries of Life   Mysteries of Life EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:44 am

8/8/2011

Yest it's strange. Many times I look back at the times I
grew up and it's as if I were watching a movie about
someone else, yet you know it's you. Ever have something
happen out of the blue and you get these instant flashes
like you can see somethings going to happen but you can't
grasp it, now that's a weird feeling..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Mysteries of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysteries of Life   Mysteries of Life EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:47 am

I went to your link - very interesting indeed.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Mysteries of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysteries of Life   Mysteries of Life EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:55 am

I also went to your link. Fascinating.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Mysteries of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysteries of Life   Mysteries of Life EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Synchronicities, deja vu, a sense of cycles repeating themselves, as Ahad says, are all indications of a different kind of reality.

That different reality - or one perspective of it, is what my Redstone Trilogy is all about.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Mysteries of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysteries of Life   Mysteries of Life EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:08 pm

I've felt like I've known some people whom I met for the first time. I'm open to the idea that we've had past lives.

One of my favorite books is "The Reincarnation of Peter Proud," anyone here read it?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Mysteries of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysteries of Life   Mysteries of Life EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:48 pm

Human behaviour is pretty predictable and cyclic. When I wrote The Power of Persuasion back in 1998, the things that I wrote about have as much relevance now as they did then:

A blond stalker:

"As he turned towards me for the second time, I saw a man with tussled blond hair, blue eyes and a slight tan. I glanced in his direction for a moment, but I had to look away from his piercing blue eyes, which, like his thin-lipped mouth, showed not a trace of humour.
Despite the severity of his looks, I had to admit that F. William D’Arcy was not altogether unattractive.

I would also admit that the way he turned his head and glanced sideways in my direction sent a shiver of something akin to fear down my spine. I felt this wasn’t a friendly visit. It seemed obvious that I was the enemy and this man wanted some kind of revenge, and he was prepared to travel over four hundred miles to exact it."

The killing of young innocents in a place that should have been a safe haven:

"A grown man using a firearm against small children seemed unbelievable; as though I’d misinterpreted the conversation and it was all in my imagination, but I knew that such a dreadful and heinous crime was beyond the limits of my thought processes."

A bomb waiting to go off:

"I had fifty seconds left to do my makeup, and I used every single one of them with the deftness of a bomb disposal expert – it had to be right first time, otherwise the bomb, Malcolm, – due to appear at my door, at nineteen hundred hours precisely – would explode."

Inquisitive Norwegians:

"Tony expressed how friendly he’d found the Norwegian people. Soon after he arrived, he’d remarked to one of the university staff members that everyone he met was especially helpful and always asked who he was and wanted to know his reasons for visiting the university. The Norwegian lecturer had replied: 'Ya, that is true … they would want to know all about you. In Norway … next to skiing, gossip is a national sport.'”

If we wait long enough, anything we write will eventually come true.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sponsored content

Mysteries of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysteries of Life   Mysteries of Life Empty

Back to top Go down

Mysteries of Life
Page 1 of 1