Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Looking Out From Your Little Life

Go down 
+2
RunsWithScissors
Betty Fasig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Looking Out From Your Little Life Empty
PostSubject: Looking Out From Your Little Life   Looking Out From Your Little Life EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 5:48 pm

My life is so ordinary and small compared to the world at large. I love the term, 'the world at large', because it is what it really is. Large. The World.

Each of us has our little world, a micro world, where we are like ants doing our thing in our little hill that we dug bit by bit.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out From Your Little Life   Looking Out From Your Little Life EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 6:15 pm

Betty, your words seem to fit in with the afternoon I had. I attended a memorial service for a friend and ended up leaving early (almost before the service began). I didn't realize that memories of my sister's memorial service would be so fresh in my mind and would make it difficult not to become overwhelmed with emotion.

I drove to one of my favorite spots overlooking the ocean and was able to breathe more deeply and process my feelings. Life and death make a lot of other issues seem quite small by comparison.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out From Your Little Life   Looking Out From Your Little Life EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 6:15 pm

And, at the same time, each of our little ant-like reasons for being here are making an irreplaceable contribution to that "world at large."

Every part contributes to the whole, and the whole isn't without our little hills.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out From Your Little Life   Looking Out From Your Little Life EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 6:43 pm

Dear Merri,
I am sorry for the loss of your sister and your friend.

It is the knit and purl of life that makes us part of the fabric of the universe. Sometimes the threads are tiny and fragile attached to our heartstrings. Sometimes they are thick and woolly. We are always changing. We are never the same exact person we are today, tomorrow.

Do not worry,
Tomorrow is a new day.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out From Your Little Life   Looking Out From Your Little Life EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 6:54 pm

Tonight I was reminded of my brother's funeral. We were at a restaurant across from the Irish Shop in the next town and there was a picture of a bagpiper on their wall. They said he was from the Irish Shop. My brother had planned his funeral and wanted a bagpiper. My nephew went to the Irish Shop because he figured they'd know where to find one. (Just a little bit of the UK here in Wisconsin, Shelagh.)

Those memories linger on our souls. Friday is the one year anniversary of my mother dying. Those reminders take us back to the sad times.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out From Your Little Life   Looking Out From Your Little Life EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 7:15 pm

Dear Carol,
I know this is going to sound sappy, but I hope that when I die that my family can look upon that day as kind of my 'birth' day. Not that I will be going to any heavenly reward, so to speak, but that my spirit will be released to flow with the ecoplasmic jet stream. Your mom and I will have a fine time.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out From Your Little Life   Looking Out From Your Little Life EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:32 pm

Thanks for your kind words, Betty.

Carol, memories do linger in our souls. Very well put. They can sting sometimes but they can also warm us and make us smile.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out From Your Little Life   Looking Out From Your Little Life EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:14 am

After my mother died last year and before her memorial service a few weeks later, my daughters and I spent days going through her things, and putting together scrapbooks of her life. She became young, healthy and part of our lives again and her end of life illness slipped away. It was a wonderful experience none of us will forget.

Carol
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out From Your Little Life   Looking Out From Your Little Life EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 9:49 am

"Ilsa, I'm no good at
being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three
little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world.
Someday you'll understand that." ~ Rick Blaine, "Casablanca"

But really ...

You know, everything is relative. If we compare each of ourselves to the world ... or the universe ... we are smaller than ants. If we wish to be.

Yet, it is also true that one individual alone can be powerful enough to influence the world ... for good or bad.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out From Your Little Life   Looking Out From Your Little Life EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 9:59 am

Joelle,

And sometimes we have no idea what that influence is. It might be quiet and neither acknowledged nor published.

Carol
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out From Your Little Life   Looking Out From Your Little Life EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 8:47 am

Like ripples on the water, little things we say and do go out to others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out From Your Little Life   Looking Out From Your Little Life Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking Out From Your Little Life
Page 1 of 1