Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Despicable Political Humor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Despicable Political Humor  Empty
PostSubject: Despicable Political Humor    Despicable Political Humor  EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:05 am

I received an email with video that said, “I missed Obama's budget speech the other night, but I was delighted that someone sent me a shortened version of the speech. You really need to hear this as it covers all the key points in a very short time. Click on the attachment above“

The video shows a donkey running to the fence and braying, making all those donkey noises.

I couldn't help but imagine a caricature of an elephant with riders decked out in gold and silver holding bags of money, with the elephant stepping on people kneeling with their hands folded in prayer.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Despicable Political Humor    Despicable Political Humor  EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:57 am

I was hired as an executive director for a program that had been running for several years. With my new position, it reduced the previous manager to a lower level. All the people who previously worked for her worked for me.

They had tenure in a small college. I was a contract person with a two year contract. Their hope was to make me so miserable and non-functional that they could return things to how they were before I was hired.

Staff members even put cartoons on the computer showing me in a red convertible with pigeons overhead.

I hung in for the duration of the contract; but I worked long hours to overcome the undoing that was transpired against me. Additionally, I was the outsider and this was a small town. It was a lonely job.

Eventually, things improved. By the end of my contract, things were actually civil and my work schedule became rational. The job took a toll on
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Despicable Political Humor    Despicable Political Humor  EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 5:02 am

Isn't despicable humor an oxymoron? Maybe that's why it is so hard to understand why its happening.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Despicable Political Humor    Despicable Political Humor  EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:29 am

Ann,
I think the moron part of the word is pertinent.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Despicable Political Humor    Despicable Political Humor  EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:55 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Despicable Political Humor    Despicable Political Humor  Empty

Back to top Go down

Despicable Political Humor
Page 1 of 1