Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

Despicable...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Despicable...   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:43 am

Give people a platform, and what is in the heart will spill out of their mouth:

‘#F**kParis’ — ‘Black Lives Matter’ Show True Colors On Twitter

Christian Datoc, Daily Caller
Over the weekend, people all across the world showed their support for the victims of the Paris terror attacks, but one social justice group appeared to be peeved that the horrific tragedy had taken over the news cycle.
Along with most Americans, “Black Lives Matter” supporters voiced views on the attacks via Twitter, yet instead of messages of love, the movement responded with a despicable “#F***Paris” tag, reports Breitbart.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10354
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Despicable...   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:54 am

Agree with the despicable word.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Despicable...   Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:36 am

You know Abe, I’m going to be 80 in January 2016. I grew up not against any race. I have always took people as equal, or better than me. There were members of my family who were against colored people…I did not let that rub off on me. Matter of fact I viewed it as, “They were peasants in the old country, and didn’t know better.”
I was for the fight in the 60’s to give colored people equal rights. When the Southern leaders warned, “Give colored equal rights, and they would be like wild animals,” I filed that under, “They were raised the wrong way.”
I am Christian, and I will admit, I am having a very hard time viewing colored people in a good light. My darling grandfather when he was at the end of something always talked about the straw that broke the Camels back. Well, my camel is on it’s knees right now.

I was reading about the protest in Universities. The black students are now demanding 10% black staff. The Universities have said, “For years we have wanted more black staff, but the positions require a PHD, and we can’t find many blacks with a PHD…there is not enough of them to fill the positions for all universities.”

The blacks responded, “Lower the requirements.” That to me is like saying, “Lower the education standards.” 15 years ago, the United States was number 14 in education…it is lower now. Small 3rd world countries have higher educated people than America.

This protesting on every level is out of control. The same thing took place in South Africa until the colored took charge…now South Africa is mostly colored, and it has become a poor country. A weak country.
My camel is talking to me.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 15421
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Despicable...   Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:44 pm

The Viet Nam war was heavily protested, as was the assassination  of Martin Luther King. 
Both events, long ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10354
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Despicable...   Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:23 pm

Domenic, I hear you loud and clear.  As for education, the "No one left behind" policy is a large part of the problem.  Allowing people to pass a grade without having learned the material needed to pass is simply wrong.  Standards should not be lowered, but IMV they should be raised.  Being poor is not a detriment to learning.  Having access to education is a detriment, but not an excuse.  There are Libraries where one can check out a book "free" and one can read and learn.  There are many examples of people who became rich/successful without a formal education.  They were self-taught.  Having a degree does not guarantee anyone success.  Knowledge and applying that knowledge is the key. 
The only standards that should be lowered are those that are made by employers who stipulate a particular degree or level of education to be considered for a job.  Giving a person a chance to prove themselves is the important consideration.  Documents can be forged and they often are along with embellishments concerning background and experience.  Today employment is primarily in the hands of Human Resources who decide which applicants to present for interview. 
Opportunity can be blocked by ill-conceived corporate policies.  Getting the attention of the person who will make the decision for hiring becomes the hurdle applicants face.  On the spot hiring is rare.  Education on how to get a job and what one can expect when applying is not something taught in schools - at least to my knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Despicable...   

Back to top Go down

Despicable...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: