Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Employment Application for President

Go down 
+2
alice
Abe F. March
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Employment Application for President Empty
PostSubject: Employment Application for President   Employment Application for President EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:28 pm

Since we, the American taxpayers, pay the salaries of government workers, they work for us.
To become a government employee, a detailed application for government employment must be completed. A resume is not sufficient. The applicant must sign the form where it clearly states that any information given that is false, is grounds for dismissal.
I think a Presidential Candidate should be required to complete a detailed application for employment. That information should be available to us, the employers. We should be able to question any statements made on the application as would be done in an employment interview. That should be done before we cast our vote.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Employment Application for President   Employment Application for President EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:56 am

Great idea, Abe, and the same for all political offices.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Employment Application for President   Employment Application for President EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 6:51 am

7/2/2011

Abe..

I love it ! And that goes for all political positions,
Where's the application ?

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Employment Application for President   Employment Application for President EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:43 am

Employment Application for President 950944 So it should be. Why should they be allowed get away with lying to us voters just to get the big chair?
We fall for it every election. pirate
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Employment Application for President   Employment Application for President EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:18 am

We should add this to our list of statements to political candidates.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Employment Application for President   Employment Application for President EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:36 am

By all means!
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Employment Application for President   Employment Application for President EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 11:47 pm

Amen! I agree with all of the above~!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Employment Application for President   Employment Application for President EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 9:20 am

Abe,

I nominate you to make the application.
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Employment Application for President   Employment Application for President EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 9:50 am

I think we would have trouble finding qualified candidates willing to fill out the application.

Those who would be good candidates wouldn't want the job.

I think we wouldn't agree on who to hire. Not all Americans want the same things from their president.

Once hired, it would be tough keeping him in office. The job lends itself to making the people dissatisfied with the performance.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Employment Application for President   Employment Application for President EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 11:42 am

At least we 'd have his/her promises in black and white and could throw him/her out easier.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Employment Application for President   Employment Application for President EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 11:57 am

JoElle, you're right. Good qualified people don't want the job.
I think for many, the position of President represents prestige and power.

Qualified CEO's wouldn't want the job. I don't think they would want the scrutiny that goes with the job nor would they have the same authority as they are accustomed to in making decisions.

We have had a few good Presidents with integrity. Integrity doesn't always get the job done. For the most part, an American President is a sales person, not an academic. Some have had good credentials and were viewed as weak because they couldn't sell their program or ideas to the public and/or to the law makers.

We wind up with candidates who seek fame. I think Palin falls into that category (my personal opinion). Competence does not appear to be a criteria. That's why I propose a special Application for President form.
A security clearance requires a thorough background investigation. The job of President requires the highest security clearance. Although the political party does an investigation of their candidate to make sure there are no surprises, they often fail in finding or hiding things they don't want the public to know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Employment Application for President   Employment Application for President Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1