Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ? Empty
PostSubject: SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ?   SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 6:28 am

12/1/2010
SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ? 83899

Should the un-employment benefits be extended for 2 million
people ? It's strange it always comes up near a holiday, read
the article, there are 16 million un-employed and only 8 million
receiving it, what is your opinion ? Mine..

" Congress , hello, help these people, I say extend it now !

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40447966/ns/politics-more_politics/

Cheers....Joe... SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ? 925501
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ?   SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:11 am

I was invited to interview for a job yesterday. When I arrived, I was one of about 35 people scheduled for a "group" interview. We were congratulated - they started with over 200 qualified candidates for two openings.

The people in the room were very well qualified, presented themselves professionally, and would continue unemployed except for the lucky "two."

A car dealership opened in the Cape, they had lines around the dealership, over 600 applicants for a handful of job openings. It's the same anywhere a job opening exists. The only openings in the paper are commission jobs or health care industry. There are a few service industry jobs but they also have hundreds of applicants.

One of our forum people says the unemployed are the less-employable. The unemployed are everywhere. My neighbor has just lost her house; she's in real estate; her spouse was in construction. He is now snatching any opportunity to make a buck - running advertsing flyers around - repairing things and reselling them - their home was modest.

If there is one thing the government can do, it can insure that the populace does not starve. Many people I know are skipping medical care and medicines in order to buy groceries. They are selling their cars (which is also a detriment to gaining employment ) in desperation.

Yes, there are a small percentage of those who qualify for unemployment and don't have pressing bills or responsibilities; for them, it may be a paid holiday. Because there are a few thieves do we close all stores? No, we increase security.

Of course unemployment benefits need to be extended. Pay for it with the tax break that the wealthy do not really want or need. The economy will benefit from a middle class tax break because we need everything and will use whatever cash we have to pay for basic necessities we do without. The wealthy don't need to buy anything and a tax break to them will not benefit the economy.

I'm sick of the the political posturing. I don't care who did it in the past. This is the present and this country needs its best minds working together for us, not a political win. The government should not be compromising over feeding the unemployed and keeping them in shelter (unemployment benefits). Just what the country needs, more stress on families already in stress.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ?   SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:26 am

Before we spend a dime on foreign aid and wars. We should take care of our own people.
That means giving them a roof over their head, food to eat and medical care.

Shame on the rich folks who want a tax cut when others are in need.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ?   SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:45 am

Actually, I don't think any rational person believes that tax breaks for the wealthy are appropriate or that they will help the economy.

Career politicians need their own jobs secured. Therefore, they are fighting for their jobs by the decisions they are making. Their decisions are to prove their power, not to help the people who elect them.

In times of extreme economic jeopardy for the majority of the U.S. citizens, we need hero characteristics, people who can see beyond their own nose to help others in need. Using a person's bread as a political debate tool is disgusting.

My brother's company is giving employees unpaid holidays rather than more layoffs. Less money is better than no money, and it spreads the costs around.

Some CEO's are not taking their salaries in favor of keeping employees in jobs.

A friend of mine's company is providing job sharing - two employees share the same job, reducing the hours of both yet more than part-time hours. The company pays no vacations or holidays this way. If one is out, the other is working.

There are creative options to help people when political agendas are removed from the picture.

Everyone has something they can contribute, even the least. The key to economic development is start-up businesses that continue to employ more people. Creative ideas about what people want and need and micro-loans to get new businesses going are important.

Tax breaks for small businesses to expand are critical and can more than bring in the revenue lost by a new jobs guarantee of some sort.

I always thought that private schools had the right ideas by having students and parents do the work to maintain the cleanliness of their buildings. Some of these cost savings measures could save money.

I don't know the answers, but multiply my little brainstorming times people who really know what to do - then we'd have something hopeful. Oh - that's another creative force - hope. I'm sick of people steeling my hope through their hate, bigotry and greed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ?   SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:58 am

12/1/2010

DK......Alice...

I agree with you 1000% , I beleive we're in a severe
depression and if it keeps up it'll be like 1929 ! 16 Million people
don't seem like a lot out of 300 million people but if it keeps
spreading it'll be a major disaster ! I'm tired of politicians playing
political football, watch they won't do anything until Christmas
Eve and by then the public will be broiled over, nothing like a
angry, hungry mob ! Look at what's going on in Europe...

Cheers...Joe
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ?   SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:19 am

DK, your post contradicts the many others you've made about how illegal aliens do work Americans won't, and how in hard times "they're our scapegoats."

Well, which is it? There are millions (tens of millions?) of illegals estimated to be here. Are they all holding jobs that people whose unemployment benefits expired should now do, but are too lazy? That's a lot of jobs freed up if we'd deport them already! (although you posted after the recent election that you "feared for them") And if the illegals aren't holding all these jobs, then what ARE they doing besides costing us in welfare, health and educational expenses? We could expand the unemployment benefits even longer if we weren't paying for all that!
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ?   SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:44 am

Quote :
Before we spend a dime on foreign aid and wars. We should take care of our own people. That means giving them a roof over their head, food to eat and medical care.

I agree. Cut off welfare state Israel already, and the South American states that take our charity while pissing and moaning about how awful we are. Pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan already, their citizens will continue to kill each other nicely on their own, they don't need our help. And kick out all the illegal aliens, their presence here is as much "foreign aid" as money to Israel.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ?   SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:14 am

Why are the illegal aliens our focus?

Are there more of them or what?
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ?   SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:16 am

DK says that there aren't enough jobs for everyone, and people are doing whatever they can to make ends meet. But she has also said, multiple times, that illegal aliens do the work we don't do. Seems like a contradiction there?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ?   SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:30 am

12/1/2010

Just got off a board where they discuss the un-employment
extension, many who are un-employed have applied for jobs
at Burger King, Mc Donalds, etc. they are told you are over
qualified ! Yet many working at these places don't speak
English, so figure it out, they get lower pay and these Co.'s
get away with it....I believe this is the end of the working
middle class as we know it !..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ?   SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:43 am

The poor young kids--they are deeply in debt for education, can't get a job. It is a bummer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ?   SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ? Empty

Back to top Go down

SHOULD UN-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS BE EXTENDED ? YOUR OPINION ?
Page 1 of 1