Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

It's how you look at a name...that gives it meaning.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

It's how you look at a name...that gives it meaning. Empty
PostSubject: It's how you look at a name...that gives it meaning.   It's how you look at a name...that gives it meaning. EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:33 pm

The name of my sailboat is, “Geronimo.” The killing of Bin Laden was code name Geronimo. The American Indians are protesting the Government linking the name of Geronimo to a mass murderer.

My sailboat was built in 1968. The last owner left her to rot some ten years ago. When I first saw her, I fell in love with the old gal. She was dancing along side the dock like a puppy in a pound. Half hidden under moss, dirt, broken, and rotted parts…she was still alive. I named her after a great man who never gave up…“Geronimo.” I bought her, and moved her under power to Martinez. For the last 16 months I have been rebuilding her. Soon she will be ready for sea.
This past week when the American Indians broadcast their protest, I asked myself if I should change her name? No, no, and no. It’s a fitting name.
I’m sure whoever in the Government applied it to the code name, meant the U.S. Government, like, Geronimo, would never give up.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: It's how you look at a name...that gives it meaning.   It's how you look at a name...that gives it meaning. EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:19 pm

5/9/2011

Dominic..

I agree with you 1000% , Keep the name,
I hope the boat comes out great, put a photo up
here when it's finished, it's a great feeling when you
do something with love...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: It's how you look at a name...that gives it meaning.   It's how you look at a name...that gives it meaning. EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:50 pm

Domenic,
can't wait to see the photos. I would think you have a "before" photo that will show the change in the finished product.

Geronimo it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's how you look at a name...that gives it meaning.   It's how you look at a name...that gives it meaning. Empty

Back to top Go down

It's how you look at a name...that gives it meaning.
Page 1 of 1