Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Meaning of words

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Meaning of words Empty
PostSubject: Meaning of words   Meaning of words EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 4:20 am

The thread about the “Happiest Country in the world” with the associating remarks prompted this post.

As writers, we try to convey the meaning of words to our readers and meanings vary based on the context in which they are written.  It is also a challenge when translating or communicating in another language. 
The dictionary defines the word for “Happy” as:  “feeling or showing pleasure or contentment”.

I’m suggesting an experiment.  In the next week, please ask at least five people what happiness means to them (or) what makes them happy?  In this light, I asked my wife this morning:  “What makes you happy?”  She said:  “Today I feel happy because I feel well.”   
Then she added:  “And I’m happy when I craw into bed.”  When she craws into bed she reads.  Reading gives her pleasure. 

Your input is appreciated.
Back to top Go down

Meaning of words
Page 1 of 1