Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?

Go down 
+12
lyntx
Betty Fasig
alj
Helen Wisocki
Al Stevens
LC
dkchristi
Abe F. March
RetiredName
gjhsdik
alice
joefrank
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? Empty
PostSubject: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:11 am

2/23/2011

What is your next project ?... WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? 925501

Me, I'm thinking of doing another book on photography,
one on Cats, maybe a written book on four boys growing
up in Brooklyn in the 1950's...

Cheer....Joe.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:16 am

Joe,

Soumds great! Is one of the boys you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
gjhsdik
One Star Member
One Star Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:16 am

Hi, Joe just wondering, you said you might write a book about 4 boys growing up in Brookly in the 50's how do you find out details and information about that time period, or information about anything you are writing on?

AJ. Smile
Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:08 am

I am working on a Big Bloated Epic Fantasy.
Back to top Go down
gjhsdik
One Star Member
One Star Member

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:09 am

I have Pm'd you zizban.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:54 am

2/23/2011

It would be about me and my brothers growing up in the
1950's as young boys, I thought of it as a tribute to them
since most of them have passed on, I think they would have
liked that.....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:55 am

I’m working
on three non-fiction projects:

• Story of my childhood (on hold for
    the moment)
  • Story of Hitler Youths inducted
    into the military during WW II.
  • Story of my Wanderung – In search
    of my Firestone (Feuerstein) family roots.
Back to top Go down
gjhsdik
One Star Member
One Star Member

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:01 am

I am working on ;

An 'untitled' crime thriller.
A crime thriiler, title 'Toot, toot'.
And I am very shortly going to start a third, but the Plot isn't certain yet.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:02 am

I'm breaking Arirang into three books that stand alone but form a trilogy for when the PA contract ends.

I'm writing a very difficult book I have been working on three years of blue water sailing into Virgin Island ports of call and the stories in each port - complicated.

I'm collecting research to write a Civil War love/adventure story that is inspired by my great/great grandfather's escape from a POW camp in New York and his harrowing trip back to war in the south. It's also a challenge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:25 am

Those of you working on multiple projects -how do you do that? Do you work on one until you get bored or stuck, and then go to another?

I can only do one project at a time. I get ideas for other projects, and then wonder if I should drop what I'm doing to work on it. Then I start dithering -very inefficient.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:36 am

Abe,

When will you get these out?
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:44 am

I have three projects underway. Besides working to sell the most recent completed one, that is.

The first project is a book on ventriloquism as a performing art, which I will self-publish POD and on Kindle. My deadline is July to be ready for an annual Ventriloquist's convention in Kentucky where I have a book-signing scheduled.

The second project, which is about 1/3 of the way through the 1st draft, is about three old people in a nursing home where they solve the mystery of the murder of the maintenance man who has been abusing residents. A cozy mystery. I'm enjoying that genre.

The third project is about a small town bookstore owner who spends all day reading murder mysteries and then has a murder happen one night in front of his store. I'm only into the first chapter. Another cozy mystery.

I don't have a plan or rigid scedule for which one to work on at any given time. Only the first project has an approaching deadline, so it's getting most of my attention just now.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:54 am

Alice,
I'm in no hurry, however I will have at least one done within the next six months.
Rushing to publish is a thing of the past.

My past habits included doing one thing at a time. I'm trying to break old habits. I'm finding the change refreshing. Depending on my mood or inspiration, I work on a particular story. Ideas occur from one story that provide input to another.
I was searching for photographs that I took when I made my Wanderung. Found only one so far and scanned it. Too bad I didn't have a digital camera when I made the journey in 1996. Don't know if they existed at that time.
Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 859

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:54 am

LC wrote:
Those of you working on multiple projects -how do you do that? Do you work on one until you get bored or stuck, and then go to another?

Yes, that is usually the case. If the juices are flowing in one, I stick with it. It's when I get bored or stuck do I do something else, then come back to the first one later (which is why my big bloated epic fantasy has taken eight plus years. It's big and I tend to get stuck a lot).
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:59 pm

2/23/2011

For me to write the book on myself and my brothers
in my mind I would have to go back in time 50 years,
actually closing my eyes and seeing all these scenes
from the past, four young brothers exploring many
different places in their neighborhood, it would be
short stories put into a book, I don't even know if
anyone would be interested in it ?

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Joe,

It sounds interesting to me. WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? 986286 WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? 986286 WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? 986286
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:07 pm

2/23/2011

Alice..

" Thank you ! I may send you a few pages
to see what you think ?

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:28 pm

I'm working on a story with a guy in his early 30's who has had three kidney transplants since he was two. I've begun a series of adventure stories based on personal experiences. And I'll begin the editing process soon for Sins of the Abused, about a man's survival and how he got there after being abused by a priest at the age of ten.
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocencebetrayedbyclergy.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 2:33 pm

Could have sworn I posted to this thread earlier. Lost somewhere in cyber-space.

Anyway, I'm working on the plot summaries and character sketches for the second and third books in the Redstone trilogy, Daniel's Daughter and Thorne's Return.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 2:47 pm

I think you're right, I remember posting to your thread, Ann.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 2:52 pm

I hope so, DK. I thought I was losing it again.

Ann
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 3:18 pm

No one's losing it except for me. I will gladly wait for all of your projects.

Out of ideas today. After "minor" surgery yesterday, I was left with quite a gash in my head and neck. When it calms down I expect my ambition to return.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 3:54 pm

2/23/2011

Alice..

" REST !"

Love Joe
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 4:48 pm

Alice,
You may think you are out of ideas, but brains are always on the move.

Sometimes, I think I am too busy and bothered to concentrate on anything
but the truth is that I have stories running in my head no matter what my daily tasks are. It takes a lot of slowing down to put them onto paper.
I was reading Ann's First Blog today. I came upon it by accident.

Our Ann is a beautiful mind, a kind and gentle person.

Alice, your stories are exceptional. I hope you continue writing just the kind of stories you have written in Living By The Swamp.

Your stories are the perfect length for children who have just learned to read all the words.

And us old bats smile a lot for the memories they ignite.

Love,
Betty
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 7:03 pm

Betty, I hadn't read that blog in a long time. I enjoyed reading it again.

I remember your post on the old PAMB that prompted it, too.

Families are funny things sometimes.

I know this thread is about next projects, but I would like to share my last one with you, at least for a while. I may edit it out later.

Some of you may remember that I wrote last month about being back in Houston for a gathering of family and old friends. I wrote a couple of bits about some of those friends. That gathering ws my brother's funeral. As I said on another post here today, I didn't want to mention it here at the time, bacause Carol knew that my brother had cancer. I didn't want her to read about somebody losing that battle.

I was in NC with my son and his family when the call came from my sister-in-law. I was stuck there, and we only had cell phones, and the Allegheny Mountains were between us, not to mention a massive winter storm, which made the reception poor, so we emailed a few notes back and forth. My sister-in-law asked if I would write an obituary for my brother for the papers and funeral bulletins. This is what I wrote:

Quote :
Clarence William "Bill" Levingston was born on October 24, 1940, in Orange, Texas, son of Clarence William Levingston, Sr. and Edna Earle Windham Levingston. His grandfather, George Macrum Levingston, and his great-grandfather, Samuel Hiram Levingston, pioneered the shipbuilding industry in the Gulf Coast area as early as the mid-nineteenth century. Levingston attended schools in Orange, graduating from Lutcher Stark High School in 1958. He attended Schreiner Institute in Kerrville, Texas and Texas A&M University before joining the US Naval flight training program in 1960. He earned his wings and commission in 1962. He completed a tour of duty in South Vietnam in 1968. During that tour he was awarded two Air Medals and the Distinguished Flying Cross. In 1969, he began flying as a pilot for Continental Airlines. He retired from Continental in 2001. He remained in the Naval Air Reserve until 1980, returning briefly during the early 1970's to active reserve status, serving as Base Commander for the Naval Air Reserve unit in Gretna, Louisiana. By his retirement from the Navy he had attained the rank of commander. He is survived by his wife of 34 years, Sharon Marie Brown Levingston of Houston, Texas, a son, Lucas Ryan Levingston of Los Angeles, California, and a sister, Martha Ann Levingston Joiner of San Antonio, Texas.

There were times in our lives when we did not get along. We didn't see eye to eye on very much, especially politics. Our family was rather "dysfunctional." At least that's the current name for it. Bill was my mother's son, and I was my father's daughter. I had trouble relating to her, He had trouble relating to Dad. But we did love each other, even after we decided it was better for both of us to keep our distance so we wouldn't explode into anger so often.

Even though our method of communicating had come down to three or four emails a year, I miss him.

Ann

Last edited by alj on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?   WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ? Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT IS YOUR NEXT PROJECT ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next