Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

What was your Christmas meal?

Go down 
+5
Abe F. March
alj
dkchristi
lyntx
LC
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

What was your Christmas meal? Empty
PostSubject: What was your Christmas meal?   What was your Christmas meal? EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 8:54 pm

My husband made a delicious beef tenderloin

What was your Christmas meal? Tenderloin

Mashed potatoes and rolls

What was your Christmas meal? Potatoesandrolls

And a chocolate fudge cake!

What was your Christmas meal? Choccake
Back to top Go down
lyntx
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-10-27

PostSubject: Re: What was your Christmas meal?   What was your Christmas meal? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 3:34 pm

Can I borrow youre husband for about a year? I used to think my cooking was my strong point - until I saw your photos.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What was your Christmas meal?   What was your Christmas meal? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 3:54 pm

There were just two of us for Christmas dinner. We had a turkey breast, stuffing, green bean casserole, baked sweet potatoes, rolls, cranberry sauce and a choice of pumpkin or pecan pie for desert. We dined by the dining room fireplace looking outside to a sunny day. It was quite tasty and since it all came from the oven at the same time, easy to prepare, serve and clean up.

For most of my life I cooked major holiday dinners for many people and then recently, I've cooked very little. I'm always pleased when a meal turns out well since my practice is very little these days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: What was your Christmas meal?   What was your Christmas meal? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:33 am

Dave and I made turkey, cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, steamed green beans, cranberry sauce; Lyn made spice cake, ambrosia, and Christmas tree cookies. We started with vegetable crudités and champagne. The champagne was necessary because no one knows how to season the dressing without sipping a glass.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What was your Christmas meal?   What was your Christmas meal? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 8:00 am

Normally, at our house, Thanksgiving is for Turkey and Ham for Christmas. This year we had turkey for both.
Since we celebrate two Christmas Days in Germany, we have the first Christmas Day at home, with turkey, and the second at a restuarant. I need to work off many calories this week. With all the snow, that is not too difficult. Just need to pace myself.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: What was your Christmas meal?   What was your Christmas meal? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 9:04 am

My eighty-four-year-old mother made Christmas dinner for eight. We started with a choice of melon or prawn cocktail followed by roast chicken or duck with sage and onion stuffing, roast potatoes, boiled potatoes, carrots, brussel sprouts, peas (sorry Alice!) and gravy. For dessert, we had a wonderful Christmas pudding laced with brandy and topped with piping hot brandy custard. To finish off, there was Christmas cake served with fresh cream. Finally, superb Double Gloucester cheese made in Gloucestershire served with savoury crackers.

All this was washed down with Champagne and the meal finished with coffee. Needless to say, I was roped in to clear up and help with the washing up while mother was allowed to put her feet up! My father said, "She's a marvel ... but don't tell her."

We don't do compliments in Lancashire. "Not bad" is about as good as it gets!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: What was your Christmas meal?   What was your Christmas meal? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 11:08 am

12/27/2010

I made Prime Ribs, Pussin ( Cornish Hens ) Mash potatoes,
french green beans, rolls, wine, Cream Torte dessert ( the
photo I've listed before) . Delicious !

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What was your Christmas meal?   What was your Christmas meal? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:12 pm

David and I had Clam Chowder and little saltine crackers, put on our new pajamas and watched Louis L'Amour Westerns.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What was your Christmas meal?   What was your Christmas meal? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Everyone's meal sounded great, including yours, Betty, I like clam chowder. Smile

Nothing like leftover mashed potatoes fried up with ham for some good comfort food!

What was your Christmas meal? Hamandmashedpototatoes
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: What was your Christmas meal?   What was your Christmas meal? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Hmmm.

Our truck was broke down and Denny's was about the only place open.

We had dinner there.

I ordered a chicken dish of some kind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was your Christmas meal?   What was your Christmas meal? Empty

Back to top Go down

What was your Christmas meal?
Page 1 of 1