Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Dream Act flopped in the Senate.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Dream Act flopped in the Senate. Empty
PostSubject: Dream Act flopped in the Senate.   Dream Act flopped in the Senate. EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 9:54 am

Good. Supporters of this shamnesty can take their Mexican flags back to Mexico (or to UCLA).

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/12/18/immigration-end-game-dream-act-defeated-in-the-senate/
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Dream Act flopped in the Senate.   Dream Act flopped in the Senate. EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 9:27 am

12/19/2010

The dream has gone up in smoke ! Now I've read
certain groups are determined never to vote for
Obama again, that he double crossed them, they
say it will take years before they get what they
want , by then it will be too late........Their predicting
next week mass demonstrations and riots...

Cheers...Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Dream Act flopped in the Senate.   Dream Act flopped in the Senate. EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 10:04 am

"Give me your tired, your poor, your Caucasian, your native language English-speaking..."
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Dream Act flopped in the Senate.   Dream Act flopped in the Senate. EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 3:06 pm

Oh, that's bullshit, Al, and you know it. Right up there with, "You're all illegal immigrants, you stole the land from the Natives!" Tell me where in that phrase you see "open borders," or that a country shouldn't be allowed to set limits on how many it can absorb each year and what the immigrants' skills/health/character should be.

Your inclusion of "Caucasion" is especially egregious considering how this country is getting flooded with non-Caucasion immigrants, such as Somalis. I read that one out of every seven babies born here now is Hispanic.
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

PostSubject: Re: Dream Act flopped in the Senate.   Dream Act flopped in the Senate. EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 3:39 pm

Easy, Elsie. It was satire.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Dream Act flopped in the Senate.   Dream Act flopped in the Senate. EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 4:05 pm

Satire of what? That quote is actually what a lot of enraged "Dream'rs" have been posting over and over on message boards on the subject.
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

PostSubject: Re: Dream Act flopped in the Senate.   Dream Act flopped in the Senate. EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 6:01 pm

It's a satire of the views taken from one side of the issue. And, as with most satire, it exaggerates to make its point. There are, however, people who quote the statistics about percentages of immigrants being hispanic and other such statistics as if they resent the ratios, as if they wish they could make them go away and close the borders to all except those of whom they approve. The satire rewrites one line of the Lazarus sonnet to reflect such attitudes.

A satire that favors the views takes a different approach. We hear a lot of that, too.

Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Dream Act flopped in the Senate.   Dream Act flopped in the Senate. EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 7:35 pm

I watched that video and have no idea what it was about. Plenty of non-Hispanics wash dishes, windows, do day labor, etc. Which I don't think is the ambition of the DREAM'rs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dream Act flopped in the Senate.   Dream Act flopped in the Senate. Empty

Back to top Go down

Dream Act flopped in the Senate.
Page 1 of 1