Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010 Empty
PostSubject: WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010   WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:35 pm

7/12/2010

Today I read the White House admitted the Democrats
will loose half the house in the Nov.,2010 elections.
The National Debt now stands at almost 14 Trillion
Dollars , serves them right to loose , they keep spending
and spending and want to create more taxes that will
evently crush the middle class of this country, we can't
afford any more bailouts, didn't these idiots read history
during the depression the govt. didn't bail out any banks
nor Wall Street, over 200 banks failed and we came out
of it fine. It's time the American people stand up for their
rights and put a stop to this stupidity ......

Cheers..Joe...WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010 634186
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010   WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:58 pm

I like you anyway, Joe. I still remember the surplus under Clinton and my hopes for a comfortable retirement. Under Bush I lost everything, including hope, and was made to feel unpatriotic for having any opinions that weren't shared by the Bush administration.

I'm not crazy about not changing everything to match the Clinton years overnight; but the only thing worse than Bush is the deficit and that's because we're engaged in two wars and don't have any left to meet the domestic needs. President Obama inheritied that deficit; he started behind with a hungry family needing help. What the country was like when President Obama decided to run and the quadrupling of the mess before he was elected gave him an impossible task. Just like the unemployed, to meet basic needs, the credit card was used for the emergency.

Yes, I think small businesses, not major corporations, are the places jobs come from. Some of the current corporations are 44% above previous years in profits and still laying off thousands of workers.....some contribution they are making!

The stimulus money was a republican idea until democrats were in the majority, and then republicans passed the buck. I don't understand economics sufficiently; but what I do understand is that it takes a very long time to recover from war spending, corporate greed and and lack of federal regulation on the financial industry. In the meantime, the domestic house needs tending.

The unemployed need help. They needed the extension of unemployment insurance. Are there cases of fraud? Always there's someone milking the system; find them, don't punish the families that have been hard working, contributing middle class citizens for years and through no fault of their own, are losing their homes and can't take care of their families.

This is a democratic country where we can change leadership through voting. If the majority of the U.S. citizens would go to the polls for once, we might get an idea of how they really feel. But so few people vote that it's hard to know for certain. Most people I know are letting the political ads talk for them with half truths and negative campaigning.

If you find something on the Internet that simply gives facts, please let me know. It's hard to talk on this issue when we're fed information that's slanted toward a political party self-intererest instead of a citizen need point of view.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010   WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:19 pm

7/12/2010

DK...

What I like about you is we can have a
debate without fighting. I know several people
who lost their jobs, one because the gallery
where she's worked after five years decided it
was best to close, no business. Here in Santa
Fe so many galleries (art) have closed it would
make your head spin. I know people aren't
spending because the Sunday paper supplement
ads are paper thin, I have never seen this
before this year. I have worked in retail since
1984 and in the last five years it has changed
so much , it has become a horror, I could tell
you stories that would turn your hair white. So
after 44 years of working and at 62 I decided I
had enough, so I retired, I'm happy I don't have
to deal with it, especially with a heart condition.
People do need the un-employment extension, I
feel for them, I was there once or twice in my
life and trust me I know the feeling. I believe
both parties are playing politics and that to me
is a very dangerous game, your making people
angry, especially if their un-employed. I read as
much as I can stories on CNN ,MSNBC, etc.,
their horror stories and it makes me sad. Here
in Santa Fe I noticed a change with tourists in
2001 after the World Trade Center bombing. It
started to get worse as the years went on and
now if you see a trickle of tourists your lucky. I
don't blame them, money is tight, food, housing
comes first before a trip that costs money.

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010   WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:15 am

I'll try not to repeat what DK said, she did a superb job, as usual. I will repeat this statement, for it resonates so with my own experience:

Quote :
Under Bush I lost everything, including hope, and was made to feel
unpatriotic
for having any opinions that weren't shared by the Bush
administration.

I would just add that much of the problem comes from the refusal of the Republicans in Congress to cooperate and work for solutions. That, to me is a travesty. We are in the middle of a chaotic time, with problems that desperately need solving - the oil bleeding into the Gulf being a cogent symbol - but the Republicans as a group, childishly refuse to "play."

We hold differing opinions about this, here on this microcosm of a message board, which reflects the macrocosm of the shifting world outside. We are talking to each other about our differences. That is a good thing. Each of us has a contribution to make, a purpose for being here, and openly talking is the best way to find solutions that work.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010   WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:36 am

I am very dismal. I don't think the economy will ever recover sufficiently to please everyone.

We are now a world economy. We have too many competing interests and too much non-cooperation.

When one party wants the other to fail, there is no chance. It is tantamount to trying to push a boulder up a steep hill with a giant at the top of the hill trying to push it back down.

MY ADVICE: Don't bring too many children into this miserable mess. Do the best you can and lower your expectations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010   WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 7:57 pm

7/13/2010

Alice..

I agree 1000%

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010   WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHITE HOUSE ADMITS DEMOCRATS WILL LOOSE IN NOV. 2010
Page 1 of 1