Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?

Go down 
+2
HaroldLee
joefrank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? Empty
PostSubject: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 8:25 am

10/16/2013

What would happen in 2014 if the American public as a revolt against
                      Congress for what was done this year decided not to vote? Would all
                      of Congress and the Senate be out of jobs? Their terms are up , what
                      is your opinion ? Mine I say " Fire All Of Them, then maybe they'll get
                     the message..

Cheers...Joe..   2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? 925501
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 9:29 am

10/16/2013

I see either someone is afraid to answer this ? Or they just don't
                       have the answer? Interesting for some people who act like their
                       political savy? I don' this so...

Cheers...Joe...   2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? 748523
Back to top Go down
HaroldLee
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
HaroldLee

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:05 am

Okay, I'll bite. It won't happen.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:47 am

10/16/2013

I say the public will be so disgusted by the way Congress has acted
                  they'll bring them to their knees and the left side of the isle will be
                 out of business for good, it'll be the downfall of the parties..

Cheers...Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:48 am

Joe,
I think that if no one voted, everything would remain in place.  Not voting is not a plus.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:52 am

10/16/2013

I say their jobs are due, that means if they don't get voted on their
                         jobs are gone , I say John Doe public needs to take over and get
                         rid of the baggage...

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:22 am

joefrank wrote:
10/16/2013

I say the public will be so disgusted by the way Congress has acted
                  they'll bring them to their knees and the left side of the isle will be
                 out of business for good, it'll be the downfall of the parties..

Cheers...Joe..
It is the right side which is causing all of  the trouble.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:15 am

The Democratic Party, today, is stronger than ever. The Republican Party today is going through the same disintegration as the Whig Party in the late 1850's, and for similar reasons.  It was a period of massive change in perspectives for the entire country (I had to do a good bit of research on the politics of the period, so that the plot of RV would reflect the history accurately):

Quote :
From Redstone’s Valley
Chapter 1 (1852)
Once she finally decided she should wait no longer, Maria started down the hallway toward the salon.  As she approached the room, she could hear the soft southern voice of the man who had treated her so rudely the day before.  Even now, his voice had a grim tone.
“There is no way Governor Bell will not be reelected, Tomas.”  Even his laugh was rueful.  “Being a Whig in Texas is about as useful as a thimble on a sinking ship.”
She heard her father’s commiserating laugh.  “Thanks to the Germans, these hills seem the only sane place in the state.  The plantation owners in the eastern counties make up less than a third of the people here, and yet, they control the legislature, and so, our laws.”  

Chapter 3 (1852)
Jake lay on the blanket with his head in Karin’s lap, reading the words of their fellow Texan, Sam Houston, from a folded newspaper:  “There are but six men belonging to the Whig party in Texas, one of whom was a horse thief - another a black-leg - a third a land grabber, and the other three were mere tools and understrappers of the first three named...”
“Is that damned thing still around?  It’s a rehash from the last election,” snapped Daniel, who lay leaning on his elbow next to Maria, who sat near a food basket, putting away some of the leftover ham that had been part of the sumptuous picnic.
“I don’t know, Daniel,” Jake drawled, “I can’t help wonderin’, which one are you, the horse thief or the land grabber.”
“According to our current governor and his cohorts, they could both be either one of us.”
“Except it clearly says ‘Whig’ Daniel.”  Jake pointed to the paper, “and we both know that I’m a Democrat.”….“Look, Daniel, before this country became a state, politics were simple:  You supported Sam Houston or you didn’t.”

“And then Sam chose political clout over philosophy.  That’s why I could never be a politician.  You have to sell your soul to get votes.”
“And without votes, you don’t get elected, and if you don’t get elected, what good can you do?”  

Chapter 10, 1858
The bluebonnets were still blooming, here on this hill, in and among the rocks, the yucca plants, and the scraggily mesquite trees.  There was a light breeze.  It was still spring, for a while longer, before the summer heat, and the two families were enjoying a pleasant lull.
Even the grown men, who were mimicking the boys rough and tumble behavior with their game of words, seemed pleasant.  Maria had long since realized that the long-running argument Daniel and Jake continued to hold when they had time to relax together was not a thing to worry about.  The current topic was another matter, but it was just too good a day to worry about the future.
“He’s going to lose this election, Jake.”
“This is Sam Houston we’re talking about, Daniel.”
“He played around with those Know-nothings and the American Party when he supported Dickson in the last election.  American party,” Daniel shook his head.  “White Americans, they mean.  They call themselves ‘native-born’ but deny the rights of the real natives here, along with any immigrants who didn’t come from England.”

“He didn’t have a whole lot of choices.”
“Jake, your son is half German.  I, your friend, am half Comanche, and my wife is one hundred percent Spanish.  If the American Party takes hold here, what will that mean for all of us?”
“I agree, and if I thought Houston felt that way, he wouldn’t have my support.”
“Sam is being Sam.  He will back whoever will promise him the most votes.”
“We have to get elected if we are going to hold a public office, Daniel.”
“I didn’t see you having any trouble in the last election here in Sandy Creek.  The town was pretty quick to show you their support without you having make promises you didn’t plan on keeping.”
“I ran for County Sheriff, Daniel.  What other fool was willing to run against me.”
“That’s not the point.”
“That’s beside the point and you know it.  How about you?  I don’t hear you going out and campaigning for Hardin Runnels.”
“Hell, no.  He’d have Calhoun’s policies overrunning the state.  Secession would be a given, and we would be at war for certain.”
“So, Daniel, who do you support?”
“You know I’ll be voting for Houston - for governor,” he added emphatically, and then, even more emphatically, “this election.  And I’ll do what I can to get a bigger following for the Republican Party by the next presidential election.”
“And you’ll have as much success as you had with the Whig’s.  Democrats run this state, Daniel, whether we like it or not.”

“One quarter of the population should not make policies for the other seventy-five percent of us.”
“They have the means; they have the power.”
Daniel shook his head again.  “Extremists - on both ends - are running this country, and they’re running it straight into the ground.”
For a look at the Whig Party and its demise, look here

Quote :
The party was ultimately destroyed by the question of whether to allow the expansion of slavery to the territories. With deep fissures in the party on this question, the anti-slavery faction prevented the re-nomination of its own incumbent President Fillmore in the 1852 presidential election; instead, the party nominated General Winfield Scott. Most Whig party leaders thereupon quit politics (as Abraham Lincoln did temporarily) or changed parties. The northern voter base mostly joined the new Republican Party. By the 1856 presidential election, the party was virtually defunct. In the South, the party vanished but Whig ideology as a policy orientation persisted for decades and played a major role in shaping the modernizing policies of the state governments during Reconstruction.[3]
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 3:43 pm

When I am on the road, which is often, I listen to FOX radio - Rush and Hannity and Beck et al.  I also listen to those calling in.  It's a great lesson is lemmings, half-truths, innuendo, soft-talk to the emotional fears, etc. etc.  Those are the people who will vote.  They are thoroughly indoctrinated.  I'm almost one of them I have been listening for so long.  Rush and Hannity are my only friends on the road.  They talk to me in conspiratorial whispers and suggest things that they just don't want to say out loud, but let me in on their secret understandings.  They shout out their hatred and mine for those who don't love our country like we do, those liberals (said with disgust and chocking hatred) that are taking this country to ruin.  Those who would destroy the constitution and of course, the scourge of the western world and all politics, "Obama" and "Obamacare."  It was the deficit taking us down the red brick road, now it's singularly Obamacare and no one should sign up to make sure it fails - yes, do your patriotic duty and continue to suffer illness and death from lack of medical care early on until it's an emergency - that's what a real patriot does to save the country.

What I never have understood, however, is how they all keep their social security and use their medicare.  How they don't understand that sending profits and jobs outside the country with no legislative or taxing penalties is the really unpatriotic act, not signing up for needed insurance. How they have no trouble with the international, global corporate subsidies and tax loopholes (oops, that's the folks that pay their campaign bills - sacred territory).

I'll believe a committed conservative when he encourages all his kind to send back social security and medicare and depend on themselves for their retirement and medical care.  They continue to drive on the roads, fly the planes, and rely on dozens of government services daily. On the day the registered republicans eligible for tax paid government services, including social security and medicare, pay their own way, well, that's the day I will again vote republican.

No, they want to take my social security, my medicare and prevent the working poor and starving children from having needed food and medical care.  That's the "entitlements" they want to end - but not for themselves because they are part of an elite system called wealth and privilege by virtue of their elected status.  That's why they had to bring in the "mom's" during the election.  How a person can accept social security and medicare and still vote republican when every day republican legislators say they will change it - do you think "changing it" is going to make it better?  We already have choices too many to make for the multiple medicare insurance plans - now let's throw in a short-changed voucher that we have to supplement - with what?  Since we are the boomer class, you know, those who lost our jobs in the 2008 recession and retired early to keep our houses and food on the table.  You know, the ones who lost their IRA's in the Bush recession and never made enough to rebuild it or hold it for the slow recovery. Makes me want to puke.

Oh, let's see, what did I learn from Rush today.  All teachers are trained to spew liberal propaganda into the classrooms. Obama created the deficit and took our nation into the dark days of relations with the rest of the world (oops, facts wrong again, Rush - it's Bush that did that - remember, Bush inherited a SURPLUS).  Rush has a selective memory like those he tutors on air.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 4:13 pm

When the country is at full employment, we have a surplus!  It's the employment that is an issue, not entitlements.  It's the need for infrastructure, schools, bridges, small business development, etc. that republicans have been blocking from day one because it would make President Obama look like the president who moved along prosperity, and that's not good for electing republicans. 

"fix" social security?  Make everyone pay social security taxes on all income until they no longer work. Period.  Now, the common man pays all his work life.  Why not the elite pay all their work life?  They have their jobs generally on the backs of the low-paid workers - all fast food conglomerates as an example.  Those high-paid executives get to stop paying their social security taxes - the rest of us are helping pay their workers through their receipt of "entitlements" because their wages are so low and they chose to work at "any job" instead of sitting on their xxx like the unemployed are accused.  If there are jobs, people will work.  It's in our genes.

Why aren't the conservatives yapping about the corporations that are swimming in profits and executive bonusses while their workers are receiving food stamps.  Where's the data on how many working poor need to access those "entitlements" while the corporate executives dine on their yachts in Greece and ski inside the hotel in Dubai.  The corporate executives can jolly well pay social security taxes beyond their 100,000 or so cut -off and as far as I'm concerned, on an upsliding scale based on income just like income taxes. 

My solution saves social security.  Medicare, by the way, is one of the best run and most efficient government programs and it was improved in both by President Obama and Obamacare.  But, yes, let's mess with it.

Medicare issues are not the costs of medicare but the cost of health care.  Let's fix that by eliminating the power of the insurance lobbies, the hospital lobbies, the AMA lobby, the pharma lobby.  But those are republican sacred cows that pay their campaign expenses.  No, let's take it out on the backs of seniors with the disguise of cutting entitlements to cut the deficit.

Tort reform, insurance reform, medical costs reform, allowing Obamacare to reduce the costs of emergency care and the overall cost of hospital care as fewer non-paying emergencies end up in those hospitals.  Patient care reform - patient care paid based on patient improvement instead of number of tests and services.  Patient care using the least expensive first lines of defense - preventive care, clinic care, nurse practitioner, physicians assistant and primary physicians and surgeons for those cases requiring their skills. A bloody nose, the flu, a rash, an earache - these should be covered in a clinic not a physician office. 

The problem is that the republicans are full of doctors who wish to protect their exorbitant fees and their hospital investments.  They know how to fix the high cost of medical care; they don't want to do it and can't - if they do it right they will lose their financial plums.  Easier to blame the defenseless.  Another puking time, excuse me.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 4:21 pm

I forgot to add, social security taxes need to be paid by those who have maneuvered their excessive incomes into income streams that don't qualify as "income" and thus avoid the majority of taxes.  Anyone who derives an income from the benefits of U.S. citizenship or doing business in this United States PAYS TAXES.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 4:23 pm

10/18/2013

I never, ever listen to talk radio...Too much Blah, blah, blah, blah !!!!!!!!!

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 4:31 pm

The problem is that the cures take a sophisticated understanding of the complexities of influence pedaling and lobbyist activity that run this country.  It's too complex for the listeners of talk radio, too taxing on their brains because most of them have some type of full-time job responsibility. It's easier just to say yes to Rush and follow his guide - this non-credentialed talking head who makes his living by leading the lemmings astray - and also sells products to them with his conspiratorial voice that engenders trust.  He sells them out.  He sells them out every day to a life of less because they vote in those who will deny them the benefit of a full employment economy and appropriately leveled taxation for the benefits of social contracts that come from living in a society of laws and courts and legislative bodies in which citizens are supposed to have a voice but whose voice has been turned over to the likes of Rush and the special interest groups.

Has it not occurred to anyone that the political deadlocks followed the influence of the Murdock empire in the media - the money of the Koch brothers?  Do we not remember the days when hate mongering was not the rule of the day on talk radio?  Those were the days when there were multiple owners of newspapers, television stations, radio stations - today, it's down to an elite few owners.  If you want to beware of something eating away at your rights as U.S. citizens, beware of television, print media and radio - that's the scourge of working together to serve all people.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 4:31 pm

I have a friend who receives enough  hate mail by email that he doesn't need to listen to hate radio.  He gets it in  his email box.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 4:35 pm

10/18/2013

ANother one who has to be thrown out of Congress Charlie Rangel
                       the old fart is 86 , been around too dam long, time for the oldies
                       to be forced out.....Time for young blood..

Joe
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 4:48 pm

DK wrote:
Has it not occurred to anyone that the political deadlocks followed the influence of the Murdock empire in the media - the money of the Koch brothers? Do we not remember the days when hate mongering was not the rule of the day on talk radio? Those were the days when there were multiple owners of newspapers, television stations, radio stations - today, it's down to an elite few owners. If you want to beware of something eating away at your rights as U.S. citizens, beware of television, print media and radio - that's the scourge of working together to serve all people.
My daughter was saying just last night that when she was first old enough to vote (fr her sake I won't say when that was), you could open a newspaper during election time and find objective lists of each candidate and what they stood for - fact based lists with no agenda other than to provide information for their readers, and - she added, the paper's own stance was headed by the announcement, in huge letters: EDITORIAL, along with a statement that this was the opinion of the editor. It was easy to tell which was which.

I told her about your local paper, BTW, saying that in some places, they still existed. She was impressed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 6:09 pm

We have a truly local conflict going on in the newspaper's reading audience.  One city wants to annex property that is county property.  Another area wants to become a city including that same property.  Both have valid reasons for their positions.  It's a real Solomon decision for the legislature and the citizens.  My Spotlight Magazines is doing a thorough job of reporting all sides and opinions in detail.  It is so refreshing as I think the non bias in the reporting helps keep flaming in check and cooler decision making processes moving forward.

Thank you for mentioning my paper to your daughter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?      2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ? Empty

Back to top Go down

2014 WHAT IF NO ONE VOTED? WILL CONGRESS LOOSE JOBS ?
Page 1 of 1