Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

If health care's a right, why not cars?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

If health care's a right, why not cars? Empty
PostSubject: If health care's a right, why not cars?   If health care's a right, why not cars? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 12:17 pm

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/04/23/opinion-if-health-cares-a-right-why-not-cars/19451858/

Great article -asks the same thing I did on a similar thread here.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: If health care's a right, why not cars?   If health care's a right, why not cars? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 1:26 pm

I once saw a NY politician quoted as saying people have a right to have a television.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: If health care's a right, why not cars?   If health care's a right, why not cars? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 1:59 pm

4/24/2010

Why not give 1,000,000.00 in cash
to every American citizen ?

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: If health care's a right, why not cars?   If health care's a right, why not cars? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 2:01 pm

I'll take it.
I have my pride, but I can be had.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: If health care's a right, why not cars?   If health care's a right, why not cars? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 2:07 pm

The point is that everyone is going to be required to pay something for medical insurance, just like we pay social security. That was one of the big complaints with the plan but one that addresses the concerns of this article.

Also, we ARE paying for medical care for everyone. Who do you think pays for the person without insurance who comes to the ER with a heart attack or stroke? We all do. The hospital doesn't leave the person outside the doors in distress, and if they did protests would be loud.

I have seen Trabants in East Germany. No bargains there. No choice either as far as color, etc. We are going to have choices. Since passage of the bill we have seen no changes in our care or choices: same doctors, same care.

And if we are going to insure the elderly, why not the children, both populations are in positions they will often need a little help, or we could just ignore them and let them die. We can just ignore the poor as we have in the past and then we are deciding big time who shall live. It doesn't get any more intrusive than that.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: If health care's a right, why not cars?   If health care's a right, why not cars? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 7:34 pm

Well, if you don't have a home to go to after you get your health care, or family to look after you, how do you recuperate? What good is the health care? I guess socialized health care is really just for the people able to take advantage of it?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: If health care's a right, why not cars?   If health care's a right, why not cars? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Carol,
I agree with your view. Those who were opposed to the health care reform, remain opposed. They try to be cute using unrelated analogies. Their logic is illogical.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: If health care's a right, why not cars?   If health care's a right, why not cars? EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 6:07 am

Years ago people who were severely mentally ill were kept in asylums. Then it was decided these places were inhuman and many certainly were, so they shut them down and turned the people out on the streets.

If I didn't have my husband to care for me, I would be in a nursing home. Since we are capable of paying, we would do so.

Life can be very complicated, but I care. I care about children and the elderly and people without loving families to step in.

And it isn't just money, but love, caring, that box of chocolate, phone calls, cards, flowers.

Right now I am being inundated with red palm oil, iodine, fruit juice high in anti-oxidants, and all sorts of suggestions given out of love.

Love, Carol
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: If health care's a right, why not cars?   If health care's a right, why not cars? EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 7:14 am

Carol,
wish you were not so far away. I'd love to pay you a visit.
Sometimes we take others for granted, and they us, until something happens. It is then that we realize what caring means.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: If health care's a right, why not cars?   If health care's a right, why not cars? EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 7:24 am

That would be nice wouldn't it? Our trip to Germany to visit you and Gisela was fantastic.

I will be thinking of you as you have the medical treatment you need.

Carol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If health care's a right, why not cars?   If health care's a right, why not cars? Empty

Back to top Go down

If health care's a right, why not cars?
Page 1 of 1