Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video)

Go down 
+6
Carol Troestler
LC
Shelagh
Abe F. March
alice
dtpollard
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video)   Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video) - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:15 am

Abe F. March wrote:
Carol,
you touched on a sensitive subject. Numerous books have been written about the subject of why people stray. Everyone has needs as simple as having reassurance that they are loved. How often have you heard someone say, "They know I love them. Why do I have to tell them?" Being taken for granted sets the stage for seeking reassurance of self-worth elsewhere.

Abe,

Some people are insecure--they want to be worshipped. They do not like themselves. No matter what one did they would feel neglected.

The very institution of marriage should provide some security. I think everyone should be able to take for granted that their spouse wlll be faithful to them.

People stray because they want to, then blame the spouse.

If the marriage is intolerable--divorce don't stray.

Clinton, Kenendy, Edwards, Woods, poor unloved guys? I don't think so.
More like unscrupulous guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video)   Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video) - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 11:58 am

Carol Troestler wrote:
Alice said, "If I had an affair, no one would care. I am Mrs Nobody. I do not make any dollars off of my public image."

Not true. To have an affair in isolation that doesn't hurt a whole bunch of people is not likely. There are children and spouses. Then there are siblings and grandparents who have to decide on loyalties or say good-bye to those in-laws they've come to love, or grandchildren.

No, it is seldom between two people and harmless

I once had a friend, a man in our town who became "sweet" on me for some reason. It was no secret to anyone, and I guess people had enough faith in me and trust to not think of it as gossip or make assumptions. At the time I had lots of kids, and my husband had just made a major promotion after lots of work and time away from home. I ended up at a party without my husband and danced and had a two hour conversation with this man. I hadn't had a two hour conversation with anyone in years. My everyday life always had interruptions.

Somehow something inside came alive, the individual woman inside. And somehow my whole life was renewed. No one did anything to cause difficulties to wives, husbands and children, but God worked in a strange way to make a woman feel alive and a better mom, neither sacrificing myself, my integrity nor my family.

All are stories. But I do not believe there is such a thing as a "one night stands" just between two people.

Carol

How did you keep this from escalating. Most conventional wisdom is that if there is an attraction--get and stay far away.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video)   Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video) - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 12:09 pm

One of the major problems I see with infidelty is that the perpetrator always feels justified and indignant when caught.

We had an elder in our church, he was on the church board, ran the School board and had affairs.

Of course it was not his fault. His wife was crazy--he could have sought medical help or divorced her--he just sneaked about and had affairs.

He wanted to appear very pious.

Enough!
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video)   Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video) - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 12:46 pm

Like you, Alice, I am a woman of puritanical ways, faithfulness and integrity. That other man didn\'t hold a candle to my husband and I knew that. And I did not keep it a secret from anyone, least of all my husband. But my husband trusted me so much, I realized the gem I had in him. Others could see that the caring of this other person was not just a sexual thing, but a caring thing.

Later I had a male business partner. We would go on trips together to training sessions. My husband always trusted me and indeed he was correct in doing so.

Another thing is that often other women aren\'t the only thing taking a man away from his spouse or vice versa. The divorce rate among pilots is over 75%. At Marine Corps functions I am considered one of the few original issue wives. Those of us in that position have spoken of how our marriages have survived. Pilots can love airplanes with all their hearts and souls. As military pilots they do very dangerous death defying maneuvers and celebrate their survival.

The wives decided what has kept our marriages together has surprisingly been our independence, our not waiting at home, our pursuing our own lives, our own careers and valuing the times we have together, and our learning how to do things ourselves.

At first I was told to never have an argument with my husband because it could cause him to go out and crash his plane. It took a few years but I discovered when he flew, the world and all in it slipped away. He was indeed above the clouds, close to heaven even. No one who flew on his plane was ever in danger because their safe arrival at their destination was foremost in his mind.

In the last year people have remarked on the person he has become, the absolutely loving devoted man. I am his airplane. It is with me he reaches the heavens.

Each love is a story.

Alice, I realized that silly mistake and went back to edit!! What was I thinking. Thanks for reminding me of that.

Carol

Last edited by Carol Troestler on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video)   Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video) - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 1:23 pm

Carol,

Well done.

Thanks for the clarification.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video)   Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video) - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Phew!

I guess I got that off my chest--would anyone like to know how I really feel? affraid affraid affraid

Sometimes I scare myself!
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video)   Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video) - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:02 pm

Abe has read Arirang: The Bamboo Connection and Ghost Orchid. They both include characters caught in the webs of infidelity or relationships outside marriage. To counterbalance those themes (though they are not the main plot of either novel), I wrote a tongue in cheek story, "Affairs of the Heart - The Rulebook." I highly recommend it. It is a step by step guide to having an affair without causing harm to anyone............with a surprise ending. It's only 49 cents at Amazon Shorts and very, very appropropriate to today's rag headlines.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video)   Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video) - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Got it, read it. Well done.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video)   Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video) - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 5:12 pm

I hear Tiger's wife has moved out of his house.

That is a good move. If he wishes to be single, so be it.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video)   Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video) - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 10:41 pm

One can buy sex but not love.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video)   Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video) - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 5:06 am

LOL, his whores are coming out of the woodwork. He's up to seven now. Which means the real number is probably triple that.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video)   Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video) - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:34 am

Abe F. March wrote:
One can buy sex but not love.

That is for certain.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video)   Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video) - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:28 am

Sex is moments. Love can be forever. How many women think the men are looking for love. Monica was a perfect example.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video)   Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tiger Woods Crash Witness Speaks(Video)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3