Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Walmart to Amazon: You're going down!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Walmart to Amazon: You're going down! Empty
PostSubject: Walmart to Amazon: You're going down!   Walmart to Amazon: You're going down! EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 5:38 pm

This fight is getting ugly. I don't thing authors and publishers will be the winners here.

The ongoing battle for internet bookselling heated up on Thursday.Walmart (WMT) CEO Raul Vasquez is trash-talking Amazon (AMZN) CEO Jeff Bezos (pictured),according to the New York Post: "If there's going to be a Walmart on the Web," Vasquez said, "it's going to be Walmart.com."

Oooh -- it's on.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2009/11/19/walmart-to-amazon-youre-going-down/
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Walmart to Amazon: You're going down!   Walmart to Amazon: You're going down! EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 5:51 pm

11/19/2009

DT..

I think the authors will suffer, while
these idiots slug it out ! How do you create
your own publishing company ?

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Walmart to Amazon: You're going down!   Walmart to Amazon: You're going down! EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm

And I got an email today from PA, offering to donate free copies of my book to a local Wal-mart if I would purchase an equal number.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

PostSubject: Re: Walmart to Amazon: You're going down!   Walmart to Amazon: You're going down! EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 6:08 pm

Joe creating a micro publishing company today is much easier than before. Companies like Lightning Source and others handle the production and listing the book on online sellers etc. The only step beyond self publishing with POD is the creation of a business entity just like with any business. I chose to do a LLC and put my publishing company under that umbrella. Purchasing your isbns, registering an assumed business name etc. are all of the same as starting any other venture. You get to select your wholesale discount, returnability etc. with some of the production companies out there today. The main benefit is when your book is looked up by a store etc. in a database is that it shows a publishing company and that gives a bit of seperation from the author.

I have the publishing software to format the book, create covers and convert the files into printable format etc.

How you handle contracts and what you will publish is totally up to you.
Back to top Go down
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

PostSubject: Re: Walmart to Amazon: You're going down!   Walmart to Amazon: You're going down! EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Ann, I have those emails also among a blizzard of others about revising my book etc. they are really trying to keep units moving any way they can.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Walmart to Amazon: You're going down!   Walmart to Amazon: You're going down! EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 8:11 pm

11/20/209

DT...

How do you get the publishing software
to format a book and create book cover ?
Where can I get this ? I would appreciate any
information you can give me...Thank You.

Cheers...Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walmart to Amazon: You're going down!   Walmart to Amazon: You're going down! Empty

Back to top Go down

Walmart to Amazon: You're going down!
Page 1 of 1