Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Riot Over $2 Waffle Maker In Walmart

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Riot Over $2 Waffle Maker In Walmart Empty
PostSubject: Riot Over $2 Waffle Maker In Walmart   Riot Over $2 Waffle Maker In Walmart EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:12 pm

A black Friday riot over a 2 dollar waffle maker in a Walmart
store near Little Rock, Arkansas was caught on tape.

Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Riot Over $2 Waffle Maker In Walmart   Riot Over $2 Waffle Maker In Walmart EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:24 pm

With 15 million people unemployed and the Madison Avenue pressure to have Christmas presents, people are stressed. For some, black Friday is a fun day of bargain shopping. For others it's an either/or situation.

People who have sufficient funds to have a traditional Christmas have no idea what it's like to live on the edge yet still seek the same material things that a job entitles one to.

Those with look down on those without who are struggling to spend the least possible for the most at Christmas, egged on by advertising.

Clipping coupons and standing in line for everything is a common experience for those at the edge. Those with, do not stand in line; they do not clip coupons; they are not dependent on sales. They look down on those who are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Riot Over $2 Waffle Maker In Walmart   Riot Over $2 Waffle Maker In Walmart EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:46 pm

People do not have to respond to sales and advertising like animals trained by being rewarded with food when they give the proper response. Whether I was up or down I have always resisted the "got to have the latest and greatest" train of thought. Those with and without could do their children a huge favor by not rushing out and adding to the madness because advertising lured them in.

The children watch this behavior and they are primed to think this is the way to go and they are set up to be pulled in with almost no effort into the consumer madness. I buy new technology when my current electronics ect. fail and then I replace them. A picture on a television can only be so good. If I can't afford gifts, then a card will have to do.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Riot Over $2 Waffle Maker In Walmart   Riot Over $2 Waffle Maker In Walmart EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:57 pm

I agree with your approach; but many younger families have bought into the "gotta have it" mentality and are thereby vulnerable, especially when unemployed. As I said in another post, imagine a 40 inch tv for $188. If I had the $188, I would have been tempted to get in that line in time to get one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Riot Over $2 Waffle Maker In Walmart   Riot Over $2 Waffle Maker In Walmart EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 6:52 am

I used to have a Waffle Maker, and then she stopped making them. Something broke and I'm not sure it can be fixed or that the maker wants it fixed. Sad
As for rushing out to buy - never. Buying when I need it works better than buying when I want it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riot Over $2 Waffle Maker In Walmart   Riot Over $2 Waffle Maker In Walmart Empty

Back to top Go down

Riot Over $2 Waffle Maker In Walmart
Page 1 of 1