Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

What I've learned in the last few days.

Go down 
+4
Malcolm
alj
alice
Carol Troestler
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

What I've learned in the last few days. Empty
PostSubject: What I've learned in the last few days.   What I've learned in the last few days. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:08 pm

We never know where we'll learn about writing or publishing. Here I am at my husband's 50th Officer Candidate School reunion. You know about my book. At one time the goal was to get the book out to market to these men. But due to some concerns about the writing, that idea was scrapped and was probably a good decision.

So the man in charge of the reunion said, "When I was looking for Tom Troestler on the internet to get his address, all I came up with was Carol Troestler. Then I went to authorsden to investigate Carol and decided to join and write." I love that stuff.

Next, a man here has just gotten a book published with a reputable publisher I had queried in response to the suggestion of another publisher. So we talked about marketing expectations, publishing etc., and he is going to email me a contact person.

Then I presented my brochures and interview questions and the man in charge announced that I was looking for individual's stories. Today he told me, "After reading some of your materials, you need more stories from women." So all day today I encouraged the wives, who said their husbands were going to answer my interview questions, to include their own stories.

When I get this book right it will be published, by someone somewhere.

You just never know where encouragement will come from. It shows me I need to keep talking, keep searching, that there is always room for improvement, and when it gets improved enough it will be published.

If I say that enough I will begin to believe it.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: What I've learned in the last few days.   What I've learned in the last few days. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:56 pm

Good for you, Carol, I hope you get your wish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: What I've learned in the last few days.   What I've learned in the last few days. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:03 pm

Believe it!

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: What I've learned in the last few days.   What I've learned in the last few days. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:35 pm

When you least expect it...

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What I've learned in the last few days.   What I've learned in the last few days. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:44 pm

Carol Troestler wrote:
When I get this book right it will be published, by someone somewhere.

I'm sure it will be. Why wouldn't it? You have a marketable idea and can write. Just stick to it -get a little bit done each day.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: What I've learned in the last few days.   What I've learned in the last few days. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:46 pm

If even half the people who have promised me stories send them, I will have some work to do editing them and putting them in the proper place in the book.

Thanks Ann, LC, Alice, and Malcolm.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What I've learned in the last few days.   What I've learned in the last few days. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:51 pm

Well, if they don't send them, you can always make them up, haha.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What I've learned in the last few days.   What I've learned in the last few days. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:16 pm

I went to a marketing seminar where the guy said he wrote the endorsements and sent them to people, asking them if he could say they said what he wrote. He said no one told him ''no."
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What I've learned in the last few days.   What I've learned in the last few days. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:54 pm

As Malcolm said, "when you least expect it..."

A truism: "If you keep throwing things on the wall, some of it will stick."

Carol, your perseverence will pay off.
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What I've learned in the last few days.   What I've learned in the last few days. EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 7:47 pm

You are definitely on the right track, Carol! I would wish you the best of luck, but I don't believe in luck. I believe things happen the way they are suppose to happen. Had you had the book published before, then you wouldn't have had these wonderful experiences to make the book even better.

I congratulate you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I've learned in the last few days.   What I've learned in the last few days. Empty

Back to top Go down

What I've learned in the last few days.
Page 1 of 1