Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The care and cleaning of an Irobot

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

The care and cleaning of an Irobot Empty
PostSubject: The care and cleaning of an Irobot   The care and cleaning of an Irobot EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:26 pm

This is for Dk, who has two robots who clean her space and have been laying down on the job, of late.

I have an Irobot named Freda. She is named for my ex-husbands mother who could out clean anyone on earth and smile as she did it, give you all kind of tips and advice on keeping a spic and span abode.

I found I was not taking the proper care of Freda. She was always demading that I clean her brushes. I did what I thought was what she needed, but she went on yapping about the brushes to the point I was ready to put her in the closet unplugged from her station.

As a last resort, I put on my magnifying glasses and got out the little screw drivers and took her apart. Lo and behold, she was so clogged up with dog hair on her cogs that she could barely breathe.

I cleaned her insides and then looked closer at the cogs that held the brushes in space. It is no wonder she did not work very well!
When she was hair free, she smiled and did her job with never a reproachful glance.

Now, I know what to do. Clean her after she cleans, brushes and all. Once a year I take her apart and clean her insides.

She runs around this house four days a week. The dogs have gotten used to her and no longer try to bite her nose off. I wish I had more light houses.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: The care and cleaning of an Irobot   The care and cleaning of an Irobot EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:38 pm

Betty Fasig wrote:

She is named for my ex-husbands mother who could out clean anyone on earth

Well, better than clean out, eh? lol
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The care and cleaning of an Irobot   The care and cleaning of an Irobot EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:50 pm

Dear LC,
My ex-husband's mother actually starched stuff like boxer underwear and ironed them out flat. She tried to get me to iron the sheets. She would exclaim, "You mean you do not starch his collars and cuffs! Well! I never!"

You can bet that I never, and that is the truth. I figured if God meant you to walk around in starched bvd's he would have zapped them that way to start with! That is why cleaner's made a living. Those were the days before permanent press. I ironed shirts, pants, and dresses, but never a pair of underwear or a sheet.

My ex-husband's current wife does all that. Better her than me. The care and cleaning of an Irobot Icon_smile

I do not iron unless I am making a quilt.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: The care and cleaning of an Irobot   The care and cleaning of an Irobot EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:29 pm

My mom does all that. Maybe it's a generational thing. She irons underwear, T-shirts, my dad's handkerchiefs. She even once bought a long, roller iron that did sheets; you fed the sheet in like a piece of paper. When it broke she went back to ironing them by hand. I think she likes doing it, maybe it's therapeutic or something.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The care and cleaning of an Irobot   The care and cleaning of an Irobot EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 8:19 pm

Ah Betty, thanks for the info. I have taken them apart and cleaned them heartily. They start with a little groan and stop. I think it's batteries..........that cost $55 each, half the price of the vacuum. I have to do something, though, as my allergies need a clean carpet and the vacuum I bought just isn't cutting it and is used much less often.

As for the ironing. If it needs ironing, it's not in my house. My foster mom had one of those mangle things. Actually, the three girls (includes me) used to beg to run those sheets through - it was like magic.

Last edited by dkchristi on Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The care and cleaning of an Irobot   The care and cleaning of an Irobot EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 5:43 am

I'm all for neatly pressed shirts, pants and so forth, but draw the line at starched boxer shorts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: The care and cleaning of an Irobot   The care and cleaning of an Irobot EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:32 am

A MANGLE! Yes! That's what that iron was called!

Re the starching, my mom also put starch in everything. And bluing, to make the whites whiter, although it often just turned them ...blue. And moth balls in all the dresser drawers.

Me, I have an eternal pile of clothes from the dryer dumped on the living room floor. We pick what we need from it, lol. Drives my mom and MIL crazy. Oh well. They have their priorities and I have mine.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The care and cleaning of an Irobot   The care and cleaning of an Irobot EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:56 am

I have a guest room with a closed door - oh, what lurks there when I am preparing for company.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
jaycox
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
jaycox

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: The care and cleaning of an Irobot   The care and cleaning of an Irobot EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:09 pm

This is all great stuff!
Love you all!
Jay Cox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The care and cleaning of an Irobot   The care and cleaning of an Irobot Empty

Back to top Go down

The care and cleaning of an Irobot
Page 1 of 1