Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

THIS IS A GREAT SITE TO SAVE MONEY ON FOOD, CLEANING !

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

THIS IS A GREAT SITE TO SAVE MONEY ON FOOD, CLEANING ! Empty
PostSubject: THIS IS A GREAT SITE TO SAVE MONEY ON FOOD, CLEANING !   THIS IS A GREAT SITE TO SAVE MONEY ON FOOD, CLEANING ! EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 2:15 pm

2/23/2013
This site I came across after reading an article on a couple who
live on $14,000- a year, she has great shopping ideas, plus great
ideas to create your own cleaning products, here it is.. As you
already heard the price of Eggs, Chicken, Pork,. Beef will skyrocket
within the next few weeks along with gasoline going even higher !
Cheers...Joe..Very Happy
http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com/p/blog-page.html
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS A GREAT SITE TO SAVE MONEY ON FOOD, CLEANING !   THIS IS A GREAT SITE TO SAVE MONEY ON FOOD, CLEANING ! EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:34 am

I read that same AOL article yesterday. I took away a couple of things from it. One is the value of a large publisher: the ability to get your book mentioned in such a high profile place (the blogger mentioned a Crown imprint book as an inspiration). They'll sell tons, now.

The other was how the blogger profiled failed to capitalize on such a windfall (being on AOL's front page). I clicked on her link and the current blog post was a pedantic and lengthy discussion of homemade cleaners. Yuck. I read for about 30 seconds and clicked away. She should have hustled, IMO, to make the current post something a lot more interesting. That would have gotten her thousands of new readers. As is, I lost interest in it fast.

Opportunities, presented and squandered.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS A GREAT SITE TO SAVE MONEY ON FOOD, CLEANING !   THIS IS A GREAT SITE TO SAVE MONEY ON FOOD, CLEANING ! EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:43 am

And btw, the "living on $14K/year" is just hype and BS. That $14K is her military husband's housing allowance. Obviously they're banking his salary and utilizing his generous benefits, such as commissary privileges. That provides a good psychological cushion, if nothing else.

I never did get the attraction in raising a family on such a tight budget, though. I understand that a lot of people lack financial intelligence, and that is indeed a societal problem (it results in more government dependence, defaulting on loans, etc.). But once you get your act together, I don't know why denying yourself and your family the very useful things more money can buy is promoted as so righteous. Maybe it's to get us used to having all our jobs outsourced and showing us that it isn't so bad, we can save string and tinfoil and it works just as well. Meanwhile, the 1% -some of whom are responsible for wrecking the economy and feeding us these articles- continue to live their own lavish lifestyles
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS A GREAT SITE TO SAVE MONEY ON FOOD, CLEANING !   THIS IS A GREAT SITE TO SAVE MONEY ON FOOD, CLEANING ! EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:12 am

Checked out the menus and recipes - lots of white bread and macaroni.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS A GREAT SITE TO SAVE MONEY ON FOOD, CLEANING !   THIS IS A GREAT SITE TO SAVE MONEY ON FOOD, CLEANING ! Empty

Back to top Go down

THIS IS A GREAT SITE TO SAVE MONEY ON FOOD, CLEANING !
Page 1 of 1