Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

English Publishers that take first time Authors

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carlisle1659
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Carlisle1659

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-04-30

English Publishers that take first time Authors Empty
PostSubject: English Publishers that take first time Authors   English Publishers that take first time Authors EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 10:43 am

hi all, i've been searching everywhere for a publisher that will consider a first time Author who hasnt got a agent, so far my search has proved nearly fruitless. i am still to finish my manuscript but i thought better do both write it and find a publisher at the same time. Any comments are welcome just one thing the publishers need to be in the U.K or have a U.K branch
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: English Publishers that take first time Authors   English Publishers that take first time Authors EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:44 pm

Try searching on Google. Or go to either FlashGordon's site, John Kremer's site, or John Cullerton's site. I don't have their links handy. (FlashGordon is here on PA.) Just google them and I am sure you will find something for small presses that are in UK that don't require an agent. Off-hand I don't know of any, but the search may give you something.
Back to top Go down
Carlisle1659
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Carlisle1659

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: English Publishers that take first time Authors   English Publishers that take first time Authors EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:45 pm

i've done many searches on google
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: English Publishers that take first time Authors   English Publishers that take first time Authors EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:48 pm

Check out the people I told you about. They have lists of publishers in and out of the USA. They have links you wouldn't even think of. Doesn't hurt to try again, does it? Especially if you really want help.
Back to top Go down
Jenny
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Jenny

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: English Publishers that take first time Authors   English Publishers that take first time Authors EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 9:23 am

I suggest you go to the local library and borrow a copy of the Writers' and Atrists' Yearbook. It not only lists agents, but publishers too. I would also suggest you try submitting to a small press - they are much more likely to accept a previously unpublished author and/or an unsolicited manuscript than the larger houses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.victoriahoward.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: English Publishers that take first time Authors   English Publishers that take first time Authors Empty

Back to top Go down

English Publishers that take first time Authors
Page 1 of 1