Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

I just Proved My Point

Go down 
+5
Carol Troestler
lin
Tory Lynn
alj
alice
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

I just Proved My Point - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I just Proved My Point   I just Proved My Point - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:49 pm

I don't think anyone has a true grasp on what will or will not sell. Even publishers who should be experts can't always tell what will sell and what will tank. I think a lot of it depends on the author's own promotions and the hype that surrounds celebrity's books. I also believe that there is a certain mind set, if you want to call it that, that the public holds at any given time. Some books are more timely than others, and appeal to different groups of society. It seems to be about being in the right place at the right time and having what the public wants at the moment. The key would be to be able to drive the public's whims in your own direction. I may be all wet here, but it seems to follow what I have been seeing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
afineros

PostSubject: Re: I just Proved My Point   I just Proved My Point - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 4:11 am

It's very simple.

All books sitting in a bookstore have the potential to sell with the many people visiting all the time. However, especially now due to the economy, a paperback for 12.99/250 pages has the odds of selling more copies than said same paperback for 25.99.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: I just Proved My Point   I just Proved My Point - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 4:43 am

I have a sort of budget when it comes to books. So if I have a choice of one book for $20 I really want versus four for $5, I'd buy the one for $20.

I have friends who trade books all the time. We went out to dinner last night with friends, and my husband came home with a book someone had read and recommended. I have a friend who gives me books and I give books to her to read, and then eventually we get them back to the right owner.

Getting books sold is one thing. Some people buy books and don't read them, and some read them but someone else bought them.

I want my books read. In other parts of my life it has been "do what you love and the money will follow." I would love that to happen with my writing.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just Proved My Point   I just Proved My Point - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I just Proved My Point
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2