Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

MAKE YOUR OWN BOOK VIDEOS FOR FREE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

MAKE YOUR OWN BOOK VIDEOS FOR FREE Empty
PostSubject: MAKE YOUR OWN BOOK VIDEOS FOR FREE   MAKE YOUR OWN BOOK VIDEOS FOR FREE EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 11:27 am

The explosion of short video previews to sell books is reaching the point where more have them than don't, it seems.
Many who have them don't quite seem to know what to do with them.
And some complain that they're one more expense.

There are pros and cons to this marketing tool, which I expect some of the publishers here will have views on.

But primarily, I want to pimp my recently published manual, "How To Make Video Book Trailers Yourself For FREE With No Special Skills Or A-List Actors Attached". (I'm working on the title)

But it says it all. There really isn't much need to spend $300 on a video, especially since so many pro videos you see are essentially animated up from two basic still pictures, or even the cover alone.

You can do that yourself, using free programs that require no special education to learn. My manual is a pdf file that is mailed to you, so it's right there on your desktop when you work on a vid. It covers everything: pictures, assembly programs, soundtrack creation, and using the video to promote. In has MASSIVE collections of links to support, free downloadable resources such as programs and pictures and sound effects, and even video examples of some of techniques involved.
Like this one, for instance:

MAKE YOUR OWN BOOK VIDEOS FOR FREE Vidicon

Those "clips" were all created from single pictures like book covers (except the wolf/girl fade) in minutes, using a free program...including the music!

Primarily dealing with programs for Windows, it also supports Mac and Linus programs, and many of the free download programs run on any platform. Registered users of XP or VISTA have access to a free program that enables creating videos of this kind from no more than a few pictures literally within an hour or so.
Also, the collection of resource links, which apply to any operating system, are worth the cost of the manual... a low, low SIX BUCKS U.S.!

This manual is only available through Adoro Works. If you ask for it in a store, they'll think you're crazy. Like the entire line adoro is initiating, this is a task-oriented guide aimed at writers and small publishers.

Check it out (by which I mean, of course, buy several copies) at ADORO WORKS.COM

Become the Spielberg of bookdom on a shoestring!
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com

MAKE YOUR OWN BOOK VIDEOS FOR FREE
Page 1 of 1