Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Events and attitude

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12601
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Events and attitude - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events and attitude   Events and attitude - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2019 2:11 pm

The heatwave won't last, Abe. Cooler temperatures are on the way. In the UK, an old saying is to expect the same weather as the US in a fortnight's time. On the summer solstice, June 21st, it snowed in Yellowstone Park! We are anticipating something similar during Wimbledon fortnight! Possibly a hail storm instead of snow.

Playing the piano in church sounds the perfect way to spend a hot summer's day.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2019/06/yellowstone-snow-summer-solstice/

Events and attitude - Page 3 Yellowstone-usa-wildlife-park-11

Events and attitude - Page 3 41ZdcL0lV7L._SL125_ Events and attitude - Page 3 41C9GeFDNWL._SL125_ Events and attitude - Page 3 41%2BmGkZJdOL._SL125_ Events and attitude - Page 3 51eDGllZXhL._SL125_ Events and attitude - Page 3 41y7VHKoszL._SL125_ Events and attitude - Page 3 51Zs4N4T4eL._SL125_
Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
I shall never be old. It doesn't suit me -- ©️Shelagh Watkins 2017
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10697
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Events and attitude   Events and attitude - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2019 9:35 pm

In the meanwhile, the ice is melting in the Artic.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Events and attitude   Events and attitude - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

Events in the world are cause for concern.  What to do about it remains the dilemma.  Relying on a future vote is no insurance.  I just hear that Trump passed the 12,000 mark in lies he told since taking office.  The situation in the UK is still in turmoil.  If anyone thinks that they can rely on Trump to take up the slack in a no-deal Brexit, they are blind to reality, IMV.  Trump does not honor agreements.
Yesterday I did a search to learn more about how the EU was formed and who were the founding fathers of this Union.  It is an interesting read.  You can do your own search if interested. Learning about how and why – getting to the roots, provides a better analysis for what the ramifications may be.  Honor and integrity are lacking in today’s world of government.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Events and attitude   Events and attitude - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 1:57 pm

Angela Merkel is keen to talk with Boris Johnson. What she will say remains to be seen. Another extension will solve nothing. It will cause even more chaos. If the UK does not leave on 31st October, a general election after October 31st will turn UK politics upside down. The electorate will vote for the MPs that support their preference for leaving or remaining. Labour will do very badly because the remain vote will be split between the LibDems and Labour. The Tories will have to work with the Brexit Party to avoid the leave vote being split between the two parties. There will be an angry reaction against the EU's attitude towards the UK's departure, which will be demonstrated in the general election.

Events and attitude - Page 3 41ZdcL0lV7L._SL125_ Events and attitude - Page 3 41C9GeFDNWL._SL125_ Events and attitude - Page 3 41%2BmGkZJdOL._SL125_ Events and attitude - Page 3 51eDGllZXhL._SL125_ Events and attitude - Page 3 41y7VHKoszL._SL125_ Events and attitude - Page 3 51Zs4N4T4eL._SL125_
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Events and attitude   Events and attitude - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 6:17 am

Every day we wake up with new concerns.  I keep asking myself the question, why? Why is this happening?  In business when there is a problem, an analysis is conducted to break things down into their component parts seeking the root cause.  In every family, even though the children are from the same parental source, the personalities of each child differ and it is the parents that provide the control and guidance required for harmony.  Even in the best of families, there is usually one rebel. Globalization fails to consider the concerns (personalities) of individual countries.  As related to the EU, although the idea of a parent (headquarters) for control was good, it failed with the basics – the autonomy of the participating countries.  In Europe, each country has its own language and the language affects cultural habits and desires.  Trying to make all countries as one was/is not possible.  An alliance for a common purpose as with defense and trade was/is good.  Allowing for deviation to satisfy the needs of their domestic population remains the sticking point.  My own analysis, fragile as it may be, boils down to power and greed as the primary culprit.  I’ve come to believe that there is truth in the statement that “money is the root of all evil.”   Money gives power and power corrupts.  That is evident within countries and/or the family of countries seeking dominance.   Individuals that have no political ambitions provide us with commonsense and promote the big picture – the effects of today’s actions.  The number one concern that affects everyone is “Climate Change”.  There are still people that refuse to acknowledge scientific evidence and even ignore the growing effects that are happening now.  The seas are rising, there is no denying and the catastrophic effects are yet to be realized.  Hindsight will not save us.  Instead of waiting for a global decision, it is up to us as individuals to do our part in curbing pollution while at the same time making preparations for survival in a worst-case scenario.  The older folk, those that survived war and the aftermath, are reverting to the basics.  Planting one’s own garden, preserving food in the old-fashioned manner is gaining notice.  None of these things will save us, however it will tend to extend the life we have remaining.  The rich will find that they can’t eat money and will become poor while the poor will become rich, having produced the things important for survival.  Barter may replace money when currencies cannot be stabilized.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Events and attitude   Events and attitude - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:13 am

Climate change advocates don't follow their own commitment to reducing their carbon footprint. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are keen supporters of reducing CO2 emissions, and yet they take flights around the world for their own enjoyment. Recently, they took a flight on a private jet to Elton John's home in the South of France. Elton jumped to their defence to say that it was his private jet. So flying around the world in a rock star's private jet is okay, then, because he can afford it!

Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Events and attitude   Events and attitude - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 12:29 pm

Hypocrites.  People with money (power) attempt to jiustify anything that would inhibit their accustomed lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Events and attitude   Events and attitude - Page 3 EmptyToday at 12:51 pm

Boris Johnson has been given 30 days to come up with an alternative to the Irish backstop. Seems pretty straight forward apart form the fact that the EU wants solutions to the backstop that are in the political declaration, which is not legally binding. I don't think the DUP will buy that. A no-deal exit still seems to be the UK's best option.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Events and attitude   Events and attitude - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Events and attitude
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Society :: Current Events-