Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

Shelagh, what do you think of the BREXIT decision ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10221
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Shelagh, what do you think of the BREXIT decision ?   Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:48 pm

Why do I care?  I care because wherever I live I will be affected by what America does.  American actions are felt around the world.  I am naturally concerned about my country of birth.  Wherever one lives he/she is identified by their country of origin.  I have experienced love and hate.  The most hate I felt was during the Bush Presidency.  I felt a big change of feelings with Obama at the helm.  The feelings being made about a possible Trump Presidency would indicate a huge negative.  I wouldn't vote for Trump or Hillalry.  Even by writing in the name of a Candidate knowing it may be a wasted vote is a personal choice.  Integrity is more important than winning.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8586
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Shelagh, what do you think of the BREXIT decision ?   Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:24 am

Unfortunately, I disagree with you Abe. A vote for a write in candidate is a vote for the candidate you don't want, regardless of which one it is.

Between Secretary Clinton and Donald Trump, there is no choice.  Secretary Clinton is the best qualified to lead the world's beacon of hope in a free world.  It certainly is not Donald Trump.  Other countries think we are silly for the petty standards we hold our candidates to compared to real issues like international diplomacy and economic prosperity.

While President Clinton signed into law the bill that filled our prisons, eight years of republicans did nothing to change our profitable prison system. Until reform runs rampant in our justice system and our campaign finance system and our taxing system, nothing will change for those without opportunity.  Donald Trump's wealth will not rub off.  Just ask those who do business with him and are never fully paid for a contract or not paid at all.

A vote for Donald Trump or against Secretary Clinton is a vote for division, a vote to end social security as we know it, a vote to end universal health care that could otherwise be made better, a vote against funding infrastructure or taxing those who pay none.  The list is enormous.

Once before I compared Trump to the Emperor in the Emperor's New Clothes.  He fits that image better by the day as people know he's a fraud and continue to say they prefer him to a qualified candidate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 12306
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Shelagh, what do you think of the BREXIT decision ?   Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Back to Brexit. Theresa May, the new prime minister, travelled to Edinburgh today to meet with Nicola Sturgeon, first minister for Scotland. There will be no second referendum for Scottish independence, said the prime minister, and negotiations over Brexit will go ahead as planned with consideration given for Scotland's stance on the EU. Now that Ms. Sturgeon has been met and dealt with, the government can get in with the pressing issues of running the country and negotiating a fair deal over Britain's exit from the EU. Well done, Theresa May!

Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Shelagh, what do you think of the BREXIT decision ?   Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:20 am

Divorce (Brexit) proceedings have started in Brussels.  Will it be a amicable separation?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 12306
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Shelagh, what do you think of the BREXIT decision ?   Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:10 am

I don't think so, Abe. Those who voted to leave the EU want a clean break. The Tory party suffered a severe set back in the recent election, mainly because the UKip vote was divided between the Labour and Conservative parties. If a deal was struck to keep the UK in the single market, there would be a surge of support for UKip, and the demand for another referendum. The UK would become a divided nation with no clear majority for any one party. It's much better when the country pulls together. The electorate can vote for change if they don't like the government of the day, something that would not be possible under coalition governments.

Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Shelagh, what do you think of the BREXIT decision ?   Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:30 am

Don't know how to respond to that.  PUlling together makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shelagh, what do you think of the BREXIT decision ?   

Back to top Go down

Shelagh, what do you think of the BREXIT decision ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: