Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Historic Event

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 8:30 am

I am not Catholic.  As a woman, I object to the implementation of doctrine that I believe is harmful to women.  However, I believe this Pope has a positive message in many areas and the influence to encourage peace, love and respect for the earth.  I think Christ would approve of this man as his messenger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 8:32 am

I think this is an opportunity to take a view of humankind free of political or religious bias in favor of finding common threads that unites humanity for a better future.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 10:29 am

I entirely agree.  Pope Francis lives his faith and is an excellent representative.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 12:30 pm

9/23

I gave up the Catholic Religion when I was 18 , now I'm with
             Amon-Ho-Temp.......

Cheers...Joe.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 8:11 pm

9/23

I love this Pope, here's what he did tonight instead of hob nobbing
      with the Washington so called elite politicos...Read it and applaud !!!!

http://ringoffireradio.com/2015/09/pope-rejects-lunch-with-boehner-pelosi-mcconnell-reid-why-he-will-be-luncheoning-with-the-homeless/

Cheers..........Joe.......... Historic Event 986286
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 11:42 pm

They conduct polls about any and everything.  CNN this morning showed polls concering the Pope's approval rating on various issues, particularly on Climate change.  People are influenced by polls.  The problem remains with the selected audience they poll.  We are seeing polling on political issues and the candidates.  Buying into these polls, IMV, is a gross error in judgement.  Should we really care what others think?  If we are so easily influenced, then our personal views are on shaky ground. 
I applaud the Pope for saying what he feels in his heart.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 6:18 am

9/24

The Pope is his own man, he isn't influenced by the politico nut jobs
                  in Washington, he refuses to do what they want , he'd rather eat with
                  the poor than with the elite snobs, you go guy ! Today he'll tell of the
                  Congress in his own way but polite, I would love to meet him in Rome.
                  He's a Pope after my heart.....I'd rather meet him and have a discussion
                  rather than any politician.....

Cheers..Joe...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:05 am

9/24

Just saw part of the Popes address to Congress, in the beginning going to
   the chambers one of our dear whaco politicians put his hand on the back of the Pope   that's a NO NO, You never ever touch the Pope , unless he extends his hand to you...Guess who the politician
was ?

Cheers....Joe..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:17 am

My guess, Joe, is that whoever it was is forgiven by this Pope who impresses me as a man of unconditional love for humanity.  I am inspired with hope from his messages - and will try to be less cynical and more hopeful in the future.  

I am so glad he brought up the golden rule which is part of many religious beliefs across the globe - even though it's very difficult to emulate.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:37 am

9/24

It was Bohner ! 

Cheers...................................Joe.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 11:57 am

He's Catholic - and from all reports was quite moved by the Pope being in attendance.  He invited the Pope.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 8:55 pm

I'm not a Catholic, (was raised one) nor do I follow that religion...the Pope? I like the guy. He seems to have a hard time walking, and people are making him walk all over the place. Like I said, I'm not Catholic, but anybody who says we need to love each other I will break bread with.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:42 pm

I was reared to believe the pope was a devil and worse.  I do not see these  tendencies in this pope.  All of the Catholics I have known have been very decent folks. 

I think my religion should have been preached instead of criticism for others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 9:13 pm

I like the pope as a man. As a teacher of the bible, I would not follow him across the street. I was raised a Catholic...I know what they teach, and it is not in line with the scriptures. The religion teaches, good people go to heaven, and the bad to hell. That is not what the bible teaches. The bible also teaches to be in the world, but not a part of it...those who are along in years should remember during WW2, the Catholic priest in Germany were blessing  bombs, tanks, and armies. In America, the priest of the same religion were doing the same thing...is that being in the world, and not a part of it? Like all other Christian religions, they do not have the people drink the wine, and eat the bread on the day(once a year) that Jesus died. Jesus said, I will bring all back to life who do this. What will become of people who don't do it?  has any catholic gone to church and heard the Good news of the Kingdom? It is a command of God to teach that above all else. Has any here heard the Good news of the Kingdom?

The Good news of the Kingdom:
"The earth will be under the rule of Jesus after he destroys all those against God. people will again have a perfect body, use of their whole mind, never age, or die. People will live in peace."
That is the Good  News of the Kingdom.
Gods word is from God, and he says, "You receive it free, give it freely." in other words...DON'T make a living from it.  The followers of Jesus as they went about the work of preaching the Good news of the Kingdom, did odd jobs to buy food.
Most religions tell people what they want to hear. Has religion preached that this world system is Satan's system, not Gods, and that God will take his people off this earth for a time, and destroy with fire all living things on earth. Who are Gods people? Those who are willing to serve him...that is what he created man for...to be care takers of the earth...that is how we are to serve him.
There is a million things in the bible the religions have not told people. and much of what they have is a bold face lie.
The elections are near...who do you vote for? Christians do not vote for a man, they have voted for God.  God says, "Satan is the god of this system, and who he wants he puts into authority." So how does your vote count in all of that? Are you voting to make the world a better place? God says only he can do that...if we vote, then we are saying God can't do it without our help. That's not good.
The pope? Nice man. I would make friends with him...he would not make friends with me.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 12:11 pm

Domenic, you made some good points, however I believe that God acts through man and uses man to do his work. 
I believe that we all have a philosophy on things.  I believe I have often misused the word when referring to religious philosophy.  What would have been more appropriate is the word "dogma".  What I mean by dogma is a particular take on religion as with certain faiths.  Catholicism is a dogma just as Lutheranism is.  I personally don't believe in any organized dogma, however I do have a philosophy on life and the hereafter.  It is not my intent to preach or convince anyone that my philosophy is right.  It is right for me.  For those who profess a particular dogma, they use the Bible as their reference and pick scriptures that suit.  I can't accept the super rich preachers who call themselves Christians.  It goes against the teachings of Christ as you pointed out in your post.  Regardless of what one believes, if they live their faith, I respect them.  I respect the Pope.  I don't have to follow his doctrine (dogma) to give him the respect he deserves.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 1:52 pm

I understand what you are saying Abe, and yes I agree with some of it...I don't agree with the liberty that gives religious leaders the freedom to teach a lie. They take money for what they say. In any court of law in any country, if you take money from people based on a lie; "You do not pass go, and you do not collect $200...you go to jail."  These Christian religious leaders are taking money from people based on lies. They claim what  they say is in the bible...any bible will prove what they say is a lie. They can't take your sins away when you make confession to them, people are not going to Heaven, or a Hell of fire. They don't have to eat fish on Friday. There is only one God to pray to, and Jesus said, "Pray to the father through me." That means not to pray to dead humans, like Jesus mother Mary, or the Saints. Did you know Abe, the catholic church will make you a saint for $50,000?
Just because a person lives what they believe, does not make them good people. Yes God uses people. He not only uses good people, he also uses bad people.
By world standards, the Pope is a good man...Is he a good man by Gods standards if he is teaching lies? I'll tell you what a good man is: The followers of Jesus called him a good man. Jesus replied, "Why do you call me good? Only God is good."
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 2:46 pm

I believe that I am but a humble human being with a brain that operates based on its experiences and its education.  Therefore, whatever I read or believe is filtered whether that's my desire or not.

If I wanted to believe that the Bible was the only written word about the magnificent Creator that is beyond imagination, I would do so.  And no person could convince me otherwise because my own learning would dictate that I had some superior knowledge that made me the true judge of what is written.

My mind is open to the weakness of the human to comprehend all things.  Therefore, it is open to thoughts from throughout this great planet before and since the Bible was written.  I judge no other person's opinion about their own ability to know certainty.  I will remain uncertain and open.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 6:10 pm

dkchristi wrote:
I believe that I am but a humble human being with a brain that operates based on its experiences and its education.  Therefore, whatever I read or believe is filtered whether that's my desire or not.

If I wanted to believe that the Bible was the only written word about the magnificent Creator that is beyond imagination, I would do so.  And no person could convince me otherwise because my own learning would dictate that I had some superior knowledge that made me the true judge of what is written.

My mind is open to the weakness of the human to comprehend all things.  Therefore, it is open to thoughts from throughout this great planet before and since the Bible was written.  I judge no other person's opinion about their own ability to know certainty.  I will remain uncertain and open.

All humans, past present, and future can, and will believe what they want. They can reject what they want, and yes, they can even pick, and choose parts of things they like, and put them together as what they believe.
At a very young age, I did not say I believed in the bible as Gods written word. I did not even say I believe in God. I was told there was a God, and the bible was his written word. Most of you on this forum have known me for some years...you all know I am not that easy.  I have looked at the earth, the sky at night, and several oceans. I have studied life on this earth. I have never believed it all came about on its own...but is there a God, and is the Bible his written word? I will be 80 in January. Most of my life has been spent in the study of the scrolls, the bible, and other non-Christian religions.

These are my findings: The Bible was taken from the scrolls. I am very simple, and I try to reason for, and against. If the bible is taken from the scrolls...the two should match. They do not, thus I reject the bible as being from a God. Are the scrolls the written word of God? Here are my finding on that: The scrolls are full of prophesies...many. All most all can be proven to have come true. There are just a few left, and the signs of those about to come to pass are showing up.  The reason the prophesies are in the scrolls? Because most of the bible can not be proven out. The prophesies are the glue that hold it all together...
Religions: are religions from God? People say they are. Most religions, non-Christian can be traced back to sun, devil, dog, goat worship etc, and can be passed over. There are many types of Christian religions. I have already said the Bible does not match the scrolls, well, the religious leaders who claim to use the bible don't even stick by that.  Some people believe we are made of atoms, which is true, and when we die, we go on to be something else...but they have no idea what?
Do I have some special power that lets me look into the future? NO. I do have the scrolls, and the prophesies that have come true, which gives me trust in the few prophesies that have not come to pass.
And again, there are many who say, "I don't want to know." I don't know how you who are reading this feel, but those who don't want to know, are like people at sea on a sinking sip, and refuse the fact the ship is sinking until the water is up to their nose. 
The scrolls warn us: "It is not a matter of waiting until the s--t hits the fan to find out if the scrolls are true, and there is a God...that is something that has to be done before the boat sinks.
I never started out to prove there was a God, and that he left us with his written word...my goal was just to find out the truth.
it is not something I wanted to believe. The old fairy tale was pretty good. The truth takes work, and means I can't just do what I want to do...God has his rules, and some of them are not to my liking, but it's 100% with the show, or 100% out.

I'm not trying to change anybody on this forum...the truth is, nobody can change anyone. Get a copy of the scrolls in English and match them to the Bible. Change the parts of the Bible that are wrong, or left out. Match the changed, or un-changed Bible to what religions teach, and you will see all religions are false. When you see many parts of the bible do not match the scrolls, you will know the bible is false.  What I say is not to make a Christian of anybody... I just hope you search the subject out and prove to yourself what the truth is...what you do after that is your own business. Those who are happy as they are, and want to stay that way, that is also your own business.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Historic Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Event   Historic Event Empty

Back to top Go down

Historic Event
Page 1 of 1