Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The Sob Story bar

Go down 
+6
joefrank
Shelagh
dkchristi
alj
alice
Domenic Pappalardo
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

The Sob Story bar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 11:19 am

joefrank wrote:
9/14

Domenic...

I didn't give you the finger ! I'm screwing with your head !

Cheers..Joe
Why?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:05 pm

9/14

Read your private message............Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:18 pm

joefrank wrote:
9/14

Read your private message............Joe
You sent no PM.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:43 pm

9/14

Now you'll get it....

Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:45 pm

Domenic Pappalardo wrote:
alice wrote:
This WRITERS forum has 1370 members. Every day these seem to be the only posters:
Abe F. March, Betty Fasig, dkchristi, Domenic Pappalardo, joefrank, slb, Victor D. Lopez

Not many threads related to writing. When a post is about writing, it seems Shelagh is the only one making comment. 1370 is a good number of people. I'm sure many have joined, then just left after reading a few days of the same old stuff.
The forum is like one of those dark little bars were a few go to tell their sob story, and will agree with yours in return.

There was a move about a bar like this. Several drunks had not left this bar in over twenty years. One of these was the owner. One day they almost talked the owner into going outside. The whole movie was about his working up his nerve. In the end, they all joked about how...he almost went out. they knew there was nothing outside but danger. The truth they did not know, that section of the city had been torn down many years ago...that little bar was alone in the back wash of a city.
People who live on their past hurts are like those in that little bar. Those who made them victims have long ago moved on, and forgot all about them...they keep their self victims, hiding from a danger that has long past.
Excuse me, but where are Ann and myself?
I believe I am the highest poster.
Well, Ann don't want suggestions on her writing. She just wants to hear it's good. Any i don't see much of your writing posted, nor comments on others.
So let me ask you...where are you?
The Sob Story bar - Page 2 588578 flower The Sob Story bar - Page 2 588578 

As I said ,  I do not advise others on their writing.  I got a newsman to edit my first book, and Lane was in the process  of editing  another book for me when he died.   
I am in the Chatter Box, Politics or Current Events threads.   

I am slowly recovering  from an eight day hospitalization brought about by the NOROVIRUS.  
Thank God, I am still alive.

As for Ann, She needs no suggestions on her writing.  She  is the most knowledgeable  on that matter here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:53 pm

alice wrote:
alice wrote:
This WRITERS forum has 1370 members. Every day these seem to be the only posters:
Abe F. March, Betty Fasig, dkchristi, Domenic Pappalardo, joefrank, slb, Victor D. Lopez

Not many threads related to writing. When a post is about writing, it seems Shelagh is the only one making comment. 1370 is a good number of people. I'm sure many have joined, then just left after reading a few days of the same old stuff.
The forum is like one of those dark little bars were a few go to tell their sob story, and will agree with yours in return.

There was a move about a bar like this. Several drunks had not left this bar in over twenty years. One of these was the owner. One day they almost talked the owner into going outside. The whole movie was about his working up his nerve. In the end, they all joked about how...he almost went out. they knew there was nothing outside but danger. The truth they did not know, that section of the city had been torn down many years ago...that little bar was alone in the back wash of a city.
People who live on their past hurts are like those in that little bar. Those who made them victims have long ago moved on, and forgot all about them...they keep their self victims, hiding from a danger that has long past.
Excuse me, but where are Ann and myself?
I believe I am the highest poster.
Well, Ann don't want suggestions on her writing. She just wants to hear it's good. Any i don't see much of your writing posted, nor comments on others.
So let me ask you...where are you?
The Sob Story bar - Page 2 588578 flower The Sob Story bar - Page 2 588578 

As I said ,  I do not advise others on their writing.  I got a newsman to edit my first book, and Lane was in the process  of editing  another book for me when he died.   
I am in the Chatter Box, Politics or Current Events threads.   

I am slowly recovering  from an eight day hospitalization brought about by the NOROVIRUS.  
Thank God, I am still alive.

As for Ann, She needs no suggestions on her writing.  She  is the most knowledgeable  on that matter here.
As to Ann needing no suggestions on her writing...I have read her writing, and I don't agree with your view.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 1:07 pm

You need not agree with my view.  It is my view.  You have stated your view numerous  times and I have now stated mine.
The Sob Story bar - Page 2 588578 The Sob Story bar - Page 2 588578 The Sob Story bar - Page 2 588578
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 1:17 pm

Alice, Domenic merely copied the list he saw at the bottom of his home page.  He did not see our names there because neither of us are officially his friends, and all of us, for our own reasons, have chosen to remain hidden.  We can see each others names, in italics, but not his, and he can only see his own.

Insofar as his comments that you do not comment about your writing or that I only want to hear good things, that has nothing to do with those names in the list he copied.

As far as his claim that I only want to hear positive comments, that is shown to be false on this page of the WIP section.  It even includes references to more of his CC'd posts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 1:17 pm

Alice, Domenic merely copied the list he saw at the bottom of his home page.  He did not see our names there because neither of us are officially his friends, and all of us, for our own reasons, have chosen to remain hidden.  We can see each others names, in italics, but not his, and he can only see his own.

Insofar as his comments that you do not comment about your writing or that I only want to hear good things, that has nothing to do with those names in the list he copied.

As far as his claim that I only want to hear positive comments, that is shown to be false on this page of the WIP section.  It even includes references to more of his CC'd posts.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 3:49 pm

alj wrote:

alj,
 get off this BS path you keep trying to hammer me on, and either grow up, or stay the hell away from me. Your like a little kid.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 4:28 pm

As to my very bad comment on your writing efforts This is taken from WIP:

YOU WROTE:
Daniel's Daughter
by Ann Levingston Joiner
Chapter 1
Chase could see the young woman in the distance, galloping across the valley like a child of the wind. This won't do, he thought to himself, and galloped after her. The young woman saw him coming, and galloped even faster, but he managed to catch up with her. He pulled up in front of her so that she had to slow down. They were close now, and he could see her clearly, her chestnut hair blowing in the wind, her deep green eyes laughing.
"No one can ride like you, Chase Holder. I should have known I couldn't outrun you."
"Then why did you try?"
"Why did you have to stop me?"
"Dammit, Maggie, you are eighteen years old now. You are supposed to be a grown woman. You ought to know better. You could get hurt, riding so hard."

MY COMMENT:
alj,
you have a good story. This first part does not draw me in. Please don't be offended by my suggestions...they are only my opinion.
You wrote:
"Chase could see the young woman in the distance, galloping across the valley like a child of the wind. This won't do, he thought to himself, and galloped after her. The young woman saw him coming, and galloped even faster, but he managed to catch up with her. He pulled up in front of her so that she had to slow down. They were close now, and he could see her clearly, her chestnut hair blowing in the wind, her deep green eyes laughing. "No one can ride like you, Chase Holder. I should have known I couldn't outrun you."

I wanted to feel the weather... heave beating rain maybe... To hear the beat upon the ground. To smell things. To feel force in her challenge of speed. To feel danger in her ride. To have things not work as Chase wanted. Rather than saving her...he crashed into her. I think this first part is polite. It should have force to it. It is just my feeling. Others seem to like it as it is.

YOUR REPLY TO MY COMMENT:
Then you don't want to read this book.

My post comment made today...Sep 14 2014
You did not have to use any of my suggestions. You could have said, "Thank you." But all you want to hear is that your writing is good. With your thinking locked like that, your writing will never get any better. The first section I posted here sound like a 1930 Tom Mix western.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 4:44 pm

9/14

Oh the heartache, scandal, it getting to sound like 
                            " The Days Of Our Lives !" Or how's about the day
                           of horrors in the life of a weary writer....

Cheers........Joe
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 4:47 pm

YOU WROTE:
Daniel's Daughter
by Ann Levingston Joiner
Chapter 1
Chase could see the young woman in the distance, galloping across the valley like a child of the wind. This won't do, he thought to himself, and galloped after her. The young woman saw him coming, and galloped even faster, but he managed to catch up with her. He pulled up in front of her so that she had to slow down. They were close now, and he could see her clearly, her chestnut hair blowing in the wind, her deep green eyes laughing.
"No one can ride like you, Chase Holder. I should have known I couldn't outrun you."
"Then why did you try?"
"Dammit, Maggie, you are eighteen years old now. You are supposed to be a grown woman. You ought to know better. You could get hurt, riding so hard."

MY COMMENT:
alj,
you have a good story. This first part does not draw me in. Please don't be offended by my suggestions...they are only my opinion.
You wrote:
"Chase could see the young woman in the distance, galloping across the valley like a child of the wind. This won't do, he thought to himself, and galloped after her. The young woman saw him coming, and galloped even faster, but he managed to catch up with her. He pulled up in front of her so that she had to slow down. They were close now, and he could see her clearly, her chestnut hair blowing in the wind, her deep green eyes laughing. "No one can ride like you, Chase Holder. I should have known I couldn't outrun you."

I wanted to feel the weather... heave beating rain maybe... To hear the beat upon the ground. To smell things. To feel force in her challenge of speed. To feel danger in her ride. To have things not work as Chase wanted. Rather than saving her...he crashed into her. I think this first part is polite. It should have force to it. It is just my feeling. Others seem to like it as it is.

You did not have to use any of my suggestions. You could have said, "Thank you." But all you want to hear is that your writing is good. With your thinking locked like that, your writing will never get any better. The first section I posted here sound like a 1930 Tom Mix western.
You are ignoring the fact that this thread followed the now-deleted RV thread where I had attempted to be gracious, thanked you specifically for a couple of your suggestions, and when your comments started to become sexual, tried politely to let you know they were inappropriate.  At that point your comments became overtly explicit. When I asked to to stop, you intruded even further.

I had no intention of risking that situation again.   I had learned the hard way that you have no sense of propriety.  You are not about helping.  You are about taunting and disrupting.

If you really want to learn more about critiquing someone else's work, check the blog entry I wrote that Shelagh posted on the forum.  I believe it is at the top of the WIP sectiion.

I correct myself.  It is the sticky at the top of this page.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 5:13 pm

alj wrote:

YOU WROTE:
Daniel's Daughter
by Ann Levingston Joiner
Chapter 1
"Then why did you try?"

MY COMMENT:
alj,
You wrote:

You are ignoring the fact that this thread followed the now-deleted RV thread where I had attempted to be gracious, thanked you specifically for a couple of your suggestions, and when your comments started to become sexual, tried politely to let you know they were inappropriate.  At that point your comments became overtly explicit. When I asked to to stop, you intruded even further.

I had no intention of risking that situation again.   I had learned the hard way that you have no sense of propriety.  You are not about helping.  You are about taunting and disrupting.

If you really want to learn more about critiquing someone else's work, check the blog entry I wrote that Shelagh posted on the forum.  I believe it is at the top of the WIP sectiion.

I correct myself.  It is the sticky at the top of this page.
You have a head lick a brick. What you call a sexual comment was my comment about the love scene you attempting to write, that sounded like two cows eating grass. You came back with some stupid remark, and again I tried to reach your pea brain by asking if you ever had your pants wet...it was about the character you were trying to make look like a real person.
Your stuff sounded like a business deal.."Would you like to do you know what my dear?"
"I have never done, you know what. What doe it intail?" "Well I don't know either my darling." and with that, he enlightened her.

You are either a trouble maker, or a troll. You always try to make me look like some kind of sex nut wanting to jump on you...here is the truth darling. NEVER IN TEN BILLION YEARS WOULD I EVER EVEN THINK ABOUT IT WITH YOU.
I do not comment on your efforts to write a story anymore, because it is a wast of time.
Do I want sex with you? NEVER, NEVER, NEVER...do you understand that? And I hope you are not doing dirty stuff to yourself thinking about me.
you said you were going to stay away from me, and you keep doing this BS...are you a troll?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 5:23 pm

When you make a sexual comment to a woman, especially one you don't know, you are bordering on harrassment.  When she says back off and you keep them up, you are no longer bordering, you have crossed the line.  You just crossed it again.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 5:34 pm

You know what...you are insane. Stay away from me. I have made it clear time and again...I want nothing to do with you. I left this forum last time because of you. It is clear as a bell to me why your husband left you. If he had knocked you out, and i was on the jury...I would set him free. Stay the hell away from me. I want nothing to do with you...you are insane...go get you some help.
If anybody ever made a sexual pass to you, they should be in a nut house.

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 5:36 pm

Quote :
Youu have a head lick a brick. What you call a sexual comment was my comment about the love scene you attempting to write, that sounded like two cows eating grass. You came back with some stupid remark, and again I tried to reach your pea brain by asking if you ever had your pants wet...it was about the character you were trying to make look like a real person. 
Your stuff sounded like a business deal.."Would you like to do you know what my dear?" 
"I have never done, you know what. What doe it intail?" "Well I don't know either my darling." and with that, he enlightened her. 

You are either a trouble maker, or a troll. You always try to make me look like some kind of sex nut wanting to jump on you...here is the truth darling. NEVER IN TEN BILLION YEARS WOULD I EVER EVEN THINK ABOUT IT WITH YOU. 
I do not comment on your efforts to write a story anymore, because it is a wast of time.
Do I want sex with you? NEVER, NEVER, NEVER...do you understand that? And I hope you are not doing dirty stuff to yourself thinking about me.
you said you were going to stay away from me, and you keep doing this BS...are you a troll?

For the record.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 5:39 pm

For the record...stay away from me.. Do you understand. Do you understand. I want nothing to do with you. Stay away...stick that in your RECORD TROLL.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 7:45 pm

We have established clearly that Domenic  and Ann are not fond of each other.  Could we now move on to more urgent matters such as why the forum is shrinking? 

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 8:20 pm

9/14/2014

Ah.....Love is a splendid thing !

Cheers......Joe.....Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 8:49 pm

alice wrote:
We have established clearly that Domenic  and Ann are not fond of each other.  Could we now move on to more urgent matters such as why the forum is shrinking? 

Thank you.

If you were a new member, and all you had to read day, after day, was chit, chit by the same members, and nothing on writing...would you stay? The chat room looks like a click.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:34 pm

alice wrote:

Thank you.

If you were a new member, and all you had to read day, after day, was chit, chit by the same members, and nothing on writing...would you stay? The chat room looks like a click.

Dom, Put something in the writing area. 
Stay out of the Chat room if you don't like it.
Here, there is something for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:50 pm

alice wrote:
alice wrote:

Thank you.

Are you saying I should leave the chat room for only the few in the CLICK? You asked why the forum is shrinking...do you not understand why?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:04 pm

alice wrote:
alice wrote:

Thank you.

Are you saying I should leave the chat room for only the few in the CLICK? You asked why the forum is shrinking...do you not understand why?

Do  as you wish.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:06 pm

I have an idea Alice,
Why don’t those in the click leave the chat room, and start their own thread for the click only. There the members of the click could complain about all the stuff wrong in the world that has to be changes, and they could talk about how bad life has treated them, sob on each others shoulder, compare their medical problems, and give an award to the member who has the most problems. You guys could yada, yada all day 24/7 without ass holes like me saying stuff you guys don’t want to hear. That way maybe those who join the forum could use the chat room in safety. You guys would be happy as ducks in a pond, talking about all your negative stuff without having some jerk shine a light at the other end of the tunnel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sob Story bar   The Sob Story bar - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sob Story bar
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next