Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Mindscapes short fiction collection - eBook and Audiobook

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

Mindscapes short fiction collection - eBook and Audiobook Empty
PostSubject: Mindscapes short fiction collection - eBook and Audiobook   Mindscapes short fiction collection - eBook and Audiobook EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 9:01 am

Mindscapes short fiction collection - eBook and Audiobook 61ulQ5ZimSL._SL300_

My Mindscapes short story collection was released as an audiobook last week and can be downloaded free of charge with an Audible free one-month trial subscription. The book retails for $14.99 and is also available from Amazon and iTunes. A sample preview file is also accessible from the Audible, iTunes and Amazon sites. The book is also available in paperback and in all major eBook formats from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iBooks, Smashwords and many other retailers.

A simple book trailer for the paperback and eBook versions of the book that features my reading of the shortest short story in the collection is also accessible here.  Unlike the audiobook which was professionally produced and read by Dale M. Wilcox, my reading of “Justice” is a cold read without the benefit of a recording studio using a cheap mike in my study. I offer it only as a curiosity and NOT as an example of the audiobook as Dale’s polished approach is in sharp contrast to my own five-minute project.

Please sample the book and feel free to leave feedback–positive or negative–which is always welcomed.

–Victor
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Mindscapes short fiction collection - eBook and Audiobook   Mindscapes short fiction collection - eBook and Audiobook EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 10:48 am

You have a clear, pleasant and easy listening voice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Mindscapes short fiction collection - eBook and Audiobook   Mindscapes short fiction collection - eBook and Audiobook EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 8:59 am

Thanks, DK. Dale Wilcox, the audiobook's narrator and producer, has a rich, resonant voice which made the stories come alive for me again as I listened throughout the production and editing process. He really did a terrific job on this project. I can't help but smile at the difference in hearing my own cold reading of "Justice" and his five-minute preview of "The Day the Dolphins Vanished." I would have liked to narrate the book myself, but simply did not have the time. Dealing with the technical requirements of ACX would also have been a very difficult challenge for me without hiring a studio to take care of the recording and editing function. But it turned out for the best because I genuinely enjoyed Dale's narration.

I'm smiling as I write this because people tend to have a very different response to my voice. I have been asked many times, including very recently, whether I do professional voice-overs or narration even by professionals who in at least one case even tried to convince me to pursue that line of work. Yet a couple of my students in anonymous professor rating sites commented that I have a "funny voice."  I have absolutely no idea what they meant by that, but I suppose voices like music and musical instruments are a matter of taste. Funny or not, I will some day narrate my own book of poems and possibly one or more of my law books as well. I found my simple test in creating my "quick-and-cheesy" book trailers both challenging and a great deal of fun. All I need is time--and a general toning down of life's unwelcomed distractions.

By the way, I absolutely LOVE your voice. I remember the Ghost Orchid interview with NPR. You have wonderful gifts beyond your writing ability and should have your own show on NPR. I'd be a listener and loyal fan whether I agreed or disagreed with the content. (I love NPR and always have--even when I pull out my hair by the handfuls at some of the content and commentaries there.)

Last edited by Victor D. Lopez on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Mindscapes short fiction collection - eBook and Audiobook   Mindscapes short fiction collection - eBook and Audiobook EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 11:14 am

We should figure out a way to do a show together from our separate locations.  :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mindscapes short fiction collection - eBook and Audiobook   Mindscapes short fiction collection - eBook and Audiobook Empty

Back to top Go down

Mindscapes short fiction collection - eBook and Audiobook
Page 1 of 1