Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us

Go down 
+7
Don Stephens
Abe F. March
cjt
alj
LC
dkchristi
dtpollard
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  Empty
PostSubject: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 7:08 am

The disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight 370 exposed to the world the limits of man, with all of his advanced technology, to be in control of his destiny. The very reality that a large, technologically advanced and electronic communications laden aircraft could seemingly vanish from the face of the earth is sobering.  Many of us probably assumed that pilots were in constant contact with air traffic control or some automated tracking system was on at all times that could not be deactivated by someone on board, but it seems that is not true. In a world build around getting instant answers, it’s a shock for people to discover we don’t have it all under control.

http://pollardpost.blogspot.com/2014/03/why-malaysia-airlines-flight-370.html
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 10:51 am

Anyone who thought we did was in a fog.  As for airplanes, many don't even have GPS comparable to a cheap cell phone.

In reality, we can just go about our daily lives with intelligence and caution, attempting to plan and hope for the future.  The future however, is uncertain from every point of view.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 11:50 am

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/03/16/3-pieces-of-evidence-point-to-jets-takeover/20850854/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D454350

It was a hijacking -who is surprised by this?

I think this hasn't gotten more play because we're going to find out that lax ID controls facilitated it. How else did up to four people get aboard with stolen passports? This goes against the current narrative of crying "racist!" when asking for IDs, though.

Other countries' media are covering this far more comprehensively than the shit media here in the US (e.g., CNN, MSNBC). Here we're hardly hearing anything about it, or the Ukraine. Kim Kardashian is more important, and the Oscars. Oprah's purse got more coverage here.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:22 pm

CNN and msnbc have both been giving the story extensive coverage, including this information concerningthe possibility of a hijacking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:47 pm

Repeating "there is no hard data and lots of confusion" over and over is not comprehensive coverage.
I agree that they've repeated the same few things "extensively."
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 2:46 pm

Everything mentioned in the link you posted has been part of the msnbc and CNN coverage.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 3:24 pm

Recently, yes. The link I posted was a mainstream site (AOL/HuffPost), too. Alternative sites have been covering this earlier.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Check out the three Conan O'Brian vids here about scripted newscasts. Pretty funny, or not.

http://chycho.blogspot.ca/2014/01/its-not-just-mainstream-media-that-is.html
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:03 pm

Jon Corzine's son just killed himself. So we're told. This is on top of eight other high profile banker suicides. One who apparently killed himself by shooting himself multiple times in the head. Have you read much of it? Do you think it might be newsworthy? I've seen lots of stuff about Lady Gaga recently, tho, maybe that's what I'm supposed to be interested in?

http://intellihub.com/8th-international-banker-die-month-jumps-building-china/
Back to top Go down
cjt
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
cjt

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2013-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:45 pm

I think Malaysia has bungled the whole investigation.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 11:25 pm

As usual, speculation is rampant.
It was a Boeing 777 aircraft.  A large order for Boeing aircraft was cancelled due to the NSA spying activity where they implant spying devices in the aircraft.  I'm wondering if this aircraft was infected with such devices and if NSA has been contacted for information.  The mystery surrounding this incident is news worthy.  Seems everyone wants to know what happened.  I don't buy the highjacking theory.  Highjacking is akin to other terrorist activity and those responsible want to take credit.  I'm of the opinion that the plane landed somewhere safely.  If it had crashed, there would be debris or other evidence.  What about the signal from the black box?
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 11:46 pm

Malaysia police have intensified their investigation of the pilots of Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 amid suspicion that foul play was involved in the jet’s disappearance.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304017604579443232753452924?mod=e2fb

"Both men came under greater scrutiny after Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said Saturday that he believed that Flight 370 disappeared March 8 due to "deliberate action" that changed the aircraft's course and disabled two separate communications systems in an attempt to mask its location.

Intelligence agencies haven't connected any of the pilots on the flight to known terrorist groups, but some senior U.S. officials believe the plane may have been taken as part of a "dry run" for a future terrorist attack, testing the ability to take a plane and hide it from radar and satellites."
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 12:13 am

The plane was sucked into outer space by aliens.  The passengers will be experimented on and then eaten.

Does this qualify me as a newscaster?  Isn’t my guess as good as theirs?  Nobody said the news report has to be right, just first and sensational!!!!
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 7:15 am

The Today Show compared it to the television series "Lost" - so much for news from that show.

In my humble opinion, it's another example of multiple errors and many people are scrambling in the background to be sure the fault doesn't fall on them or that the praise is theirs.

Those of us who value each  human life find this a heinous event of sorrow and anxiety. It touches our fear core that recognizes our powerless though we pretend to be in control - in fact chastise those who do not "take control" of their lives.

Other people in this world have different values for human life.  Some see an idea or belief or their own crazy visions as central and the only consideration. Other human lives, often including their own, have no value.

I would rather not speculate in the absence of concrete, exposed evidence.  My hope for the families of the passengers is that whatever situation is finally revealed they will find peace either in the reunion with loved ones or in the closure that certainty brings.

I also think this will shine the light on our blind faith in airline safety and the need for better tracking of aircraft.  I'm not sure if funding is an issue here, either by the governments or by the airlines; but there seems to be a gap compared to the advanced technology in the electronics arena.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 11:45 am

Abe F. March wrote:
  I'm of the opinion that the plane landed somewhere safely.  If it had crashed, there would be debris or other evidence.  What about the signal from the black box?

I agree. I hope the passengers are being treated nicely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 11:49 am

cjt wrote:
I think Malaysia has bungled the whole investigation.

We agree!
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 1:49 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2582595/Boeing-777-hijackers-plunged-5-000ft-used-low-altitude-terrain-masking-manoeuvre-practised-fighter-jets-avoid-radar-detection.html

"Claims today that the missing Malaysian Airlines jet dropped to an altitude of 5,000ft to avoid radar lends credibility to reports by villagers that they saw bright lights and loud noises at about the time the aircraft is thought to have made a 'U-turn'.

Investigators told a Malaysian newspaper that the Boeing 777 had dropped to a lower altitude to avoid ground radar, using the surrounding terrain as a sonar barrier.

This type of flying is considered to be dangerous and risky, because it places tremendous pressure on the frame of the aircraft - and flying low at night without radar assistance could lead to the plane crashing into trees or mountains."
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 2:08 pm

I just saw where the tv series "Lost" is celebrating its 10 anniversary.  In spite of my dig at the Today show, the similarities are uncanny.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 2:45 pm

No they aren't, "Lost" is a TV show, and the Today show hosts comparing it to this just show what insipid gossips they are. Which is no surprise, Today isn't a news show, even though it pretends it is. I'm with Rush on how all our media is covering this.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/17/rush-limbaugh-mocks-absurd-media-coverage-of-missing-malaysian-flight-audio/
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 3:46 pm

The Today Show compared it to the television series "Lost" - so much for news from that show.

In my humble opinion, it's another example of multiple errors and many people are scrambling in the background to be sure the fault doesn't fall on them or that the praise is theirs.

Those of us who value each  human life find this a heinous event of sorrow and anxiety. It touches our fear core that recognizes our powerless though we pretend to be in control - in fact chastise those who do not "take control" of their lives.

Other people in this world have different values for human life.  Some see an idea or belief or their own crazy visions as central and the only consideration. Other human lives, often including their own, have no value.

I would rather not speculate in the absence of concrete, exposed evidence.  My hope for the families of the passengers is that whatever situation is finally revealed they will find peace either in the reunion with loved ones or in the closure that certainty brings.

I also think this will shine the light on our blind faith in airline safety and the need for better tracking of aircraft.  I'm not sure if funding is an issue here, either by the governments or by the airlines; but there seems to be a gap compared to the advanced technology in the electronics arena.

There are many television and movie scripts that are similar to real life or duplicate real life.  That does not in any way demean the heinous nature of this recent Malaysian Airline disaster.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 4:57 pm

3/17/2014

Many big shots in our govt. say they think it was kidnapped to be
                   used later for some horrible act, who knows what happened , the
                   only one with that answer is God ? Oh yes if many passengers had
                   cellphone why didn't anyone of them call someone they knew and
                   let them know what was going on ? Aliens ? Kidnapping ? In The Ocean?
                   I'm afraid we may never know, there are many planes since the 1940's
                   to the 1960's that have simply vanished and no one has found them
                   including the crews....

Joe.... Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  925501
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 12:48 am

Events like these show that technology is not the answer to everything.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 2:58 pm

Abe F. March wrote:
Events like these show that technology is not the answer to everything.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 3:06 pm

3/18/2014

I'm afraid this plane will never be found, it's been eleven days. I heard on the
                 radio that if the plane went to five thousand feet, the oxygen level would be bad,
                everyone would pass out and slowly die. I'm sorry for these passengers and their
                families, It's stranger than fiction? If it crashed in the ocean it would break up, if it
                crashed on land the plane would be scattered all over. I can't see how a large plane
                could be hidden? I wonder if any of the passengers had a cellphone? This is a case
                for Sherlock Holmes.

Joe..... Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  83899
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 3:11 pm

It frightens us because it cannot be explained with logical reasoning. Like DT concluded in his OP: It is beyond our control.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us    Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us  Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance Frightens Us
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next