Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

My New Coat of Arms

Go down 
+5
Phil Whitley
Betty Fasig
Shelagh
Dick Stodghill
P. Gordon Kennedy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

My New Coat of Arms Empty
PostSubject: My New Coat of Arms   My New Coat of Arms EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 6:26 am

I'm reposting my coat of arms because the origianal disappeared. The design is registered with the United States Heraldic Registry. http://www.usheraldicregistry.com. Below is a blazon, design rationale statement, and an image I made in Photoshop.
Blazon:

ARMS: Argent, a chevron Vert between in chief a gear dexter and a harp sinister and in base a standing balance all Azure, all within a bordure Vert
CREST: On a torse Argent and Vert a tower Azure masoned and ported Argent
MOTTO: “AUDACITER ASPICIO ULTRA”
DESIGN RATIONALE: The color green stands for nature, the environment, prosperity, and my birth stone, Peridot. The color white stands for peace and the light of all that is good. Blue represents my favorite color and also stands for tranquility and inspiration. The tower crest represents my interest in architecture, home construction, and remodeling. Metaphorically, the tower also represents the ability to look beyond, which ties in with the motto. The chevron shape also represents my interest in home remodeling and construction. The green bordure represents my love of the natural world and serves the practical purpose of helping the shield to stand out when it is printed on paper. The gear stands for my interest in science and technology and inventiveness. The harp stands for contemplation, meditation, spirituality, and my artistic interests, such as writing and photography. The balance is a symbol for the ideals of equality, justice, moderation, and wise decision making, which are important to me. The motto is Latin for “Boldly Look Beyond.”

Image:
My New Coat of Arms Green_10
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My New Coat of Arms   My New Coat of Arms EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 3:01 pm

I couldn't see it, Gordon. There's a square under the word "image," but nothing in it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: My New Coat of Arms   My New Coat of Arms EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 4:43 pm

Right now, I see the image in the post. I'm not sure what's going on. Mayby the forum's server still has a few problems.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: My New Coat of Arms   My New Coat of Arms EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 4:57 pm

I can see it very clearly. Maybe it took a long time to load for Dick.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: My New Coat of Arms   My New Coat of Arms EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 5:03 pm

Dear Gordon,
Your Coat Of Arms is Lovely! It is nice that you explain each part of the picture of the Coat.

I think that I will try to make a Coat for my Wooffer and for me.

Perhaps you should make that into a seal that you can stamp each of your letters.

I will do that for myself, make a rubber stamp of Wooffer's Coat of Arms (What a smile that idea gives me!)
Thank you, Gordon for you beautiful spirit.

Love, Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Phil Whitley
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Phil Whitley

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: My New Coat of Arms   My New Coat of Arms EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 5:11 pm

Not there for me. There is nothing under the word IMAGE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.philwhitley.com
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: My New Coat of Arms   My New Coat of Arms EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 5:12 pm

Betty Fasig wrote:
Dear Gordon,
Your Coat Of Arms is Lovely! It is nice that you explain each part of the picture of the Coat.

I think that I will try to make a Coat for my Wooffer and for me.

Perhaps you should make that into a seal that you can stamp each of your letters.

I will do that for myself, make a rubber stamp of Wooffer's Coat of Arms (What a smile that idea gives me!)
Thank you, Gordon for you beautiful spirit.

Love, Betty

Cool idea! Mayby someday I can have it made in to a rubber stamp. I'd have to find a place that does that, I don't know of any now. Hopefully there's a place that can do it relatively cheaply.
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: My New Coat of Arms   My New Coat of Arms EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 5:13 pm

Phil Whitley wrote:
Not there for me. There is nothing under the word IMAGE.

I don't know what in the world is going on. Some of us see it and others don't. I am still able to see it on my computer.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: My New Coat of Arms   My New Coat of Arms EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 6:42 pm

No problem seeing it, but perhaps on dial-up it doesn't load.

M
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
Phil Whitley
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Phil Whitley

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: My New Coat of Arms   My New Coat of Arms EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 7:30 pm

I have hi-speed DSL. It may be my browser settings. I'll try another browser.

EDIT: That was it! My old Netscape 7.2 won't load it, but the newer version 9 opens it up. I use the older version `cause it has all my emails and address books. The newer version doesn't offer other mail providers - so I run both.
Back to top Go down
http://www.philwhitley.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: My New Coat of Arms   My New Coat of Arms EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 11:01 pm

Very Nice, it came through for me, but tok a little time to load--I'm on dial up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: My New Coat of Arms   My New Coat of Arms EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 5:15 am

Excellent. It look very professional.
Back to top Go down
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: My New Coat of Arms   My New Coat of Arms EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 6:36 am

PGK,
That is really beautiful and for once I grasped the true meanings behind any coat of arms.

In the British one, you have to know latin to be able to decipher 'dieu et mon droit'...and that's assuming you're not frightened off by that roaring lion.
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: My New Coat of Arms   My New Coat of Arms EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 6:49 am

I did the design in photoshop using some clipart and the custom shape tool (had to download lots of new shapes to get what I wanted). I worked on the design for several weeks, most of that time doing reasearch into heraldic design and the meaning of symbols on a coat of arms (by the way the meaning of the symbols are not fixed and can vary from one coat of arms to another). Another thing that took time was learning how to blazon the coat of arms (thank god for the internet). I changed and revised my design several times before comming up with the final product. Another thing that was rather fun was using an electronic translator to translate my motto from English to Latin. I always double checked the translator by taking the Latin translation it gave me and translating back into English. At first, it kept giving me illogical translations, but after some work I finally got it right. It actually takes far more work to design a coat of arms than most people would think simply by looking at one.
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: My New Coat of Arms   My New Coat of Arms EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 5:52 pm

Here's the link to my coat of arm's registration page at the United States Heraldic Registry: http://usheraldicregistry.com/index.php?n=Registrations.20080917D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My New Coat of Arms   My New Coat of Arms Empty

Back to top Go down

My New Coat of Arms
Page 1 of 1