Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Snow and cold battery solutions.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Snow and cold battery solutions. Empty
PostSubject: Snow and cold battery solutions.   Snow and cold battery solutions. EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Sometimes, in the cold of winter, the batteries on our cars will not start the car in that freezing weather.  

Solution to try:  turn the lights on for a minute or two and then start the car.  The turning of the lights on will warm the battery so that it can start the car.  You are welcome.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Snow and cold battery solutions.   Snow and cold battery solutions. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 2:46 pm

Freezing weather in Florida?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Snow and cold battery solutions.   Snow and cold battery solutions. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 3:56 pm

Turning on the lights will run down the battery. Plug-in engine warmers that can be used overnight are a safer bet.

Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Snow and cold battery solutions.   Snow and cold battery solutions. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 5:15 pm

LC, We do have temperatures lower than 32 almost every year.  But, I was telling the people who, (poor things) have to shovel their way to the car and hope it starts so they can go to work.  God knows, I would die.  My whole heart loves Florida.  Right now, in the daytime it is 87 degrees in Duette.  I hear that it will be a cold front tomorrow of 79.  Sometime, I must have done something good...quoting the nun in Sound of Music.  I will be picking squash tomorrow. 
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Snow and cold battery solutions.   Snow and cold battery solutions. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:08 pm

Shelagh is right.  Everything should be turned-off before trying to start the car.  Many leave fans on when shutting off the car.  The battery needs all the power available to start the car.  If you don't have a plug-in warmer for the block of the car, placing blankets over the engine at night will help prevent freezing. Just don't forget to remove the blankets under the hood before attempting to start the car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snow and cold battery solutions.   Snow and cold battery solutions. Empty

Back to top Go down

Snow and cold battery solutions.
Page 1 of 1