Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!

Go down 
+3
alice
LC
joefrank
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! Empty
PostSubject: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:28 pm

8/27/2013

Has Pres. Obama and Congress lost their minds or are they pathological
                  liers ? Now they want to get involved with Syria, we have four war ships not
                  far from Syria one with missles, Yes what Syria did using chemical weapons
                  against it's people is a crime against humanity, did they ever think we'll set
                  off a powder keg in the middle east ? I say no ! No more getting into wars,
                  no more soldiers on the ground, we have lost enough people in  two stupid
                  wars.... That's my opinion , what's yours ?

Cheers..Joe...No
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:21 pm

Don't care what the Syrians do. None of our business and we need to stay out. That's not "weakness" on Obama's part, that's practicality. Sick of the old warmongering neocons that keep agitating for more wars. Send them over.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:48 pm

8/27/2013

I agree send the politicians over there, let them battle it out..
                  Our Congress, Presidents , Vice Presidents ( No matter who they are)
                 Let them get the feeling what it's like to face an enemy and maybe at
                the same time pee in their pants of fright and horror...

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 2:11 pm

How will we pay for it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 3:09 pm

Apparently we're already paying for small arms and that ship in the Mediterranean with its poised missiles.

However, there seem to be multiple nations upset at the moment - maybe the French, British, Saudi Arabians, and others will go instead of us.  Fat chance!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 3:32 pm

8/27/2013

As it's said and thought " Let the Infidels fight for us !"

We are stupid and kiss butt for oil .....Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 5:19 pm

This situation seems more like that of the 1991 Gulf War and the invasion of Kuwait.

It didn't seem that we had a lot of choices then, and the US had quite a few allies who agreed and gave support.  I also believed then that George Herbert did the right thing when he withdrew troops once the primary objective was achieved.

It seemed to me that George W., where the later Iraq War was concerned,  was merely intent on going farther than his father had done, holding a position that should have died with the Age of Imperialism and a sign that he saw himself as more of an Imperial ruler than a president of a democracy.  There was no conscionable reason for invading Iraq.

But if Syria is breaking international law by using chemical weapons, we have a moral obligation to stop such acts from happening, if we have the means, and, as in the Gulf War circumstance, it looks like we would not be acting alone.

Herman Wouk's character, "Pug" Henry, in War and Remembrance, made the statement, "Either war is finished or we are."  I believe he was right.  I do not see war as a means of achieving peace.

But clearly, the world has not reached a place where all people are willing to do what it takes for that to happen, and in the meantime,some situations can arise where we need to take a defensive stand.  It may be that this is one of them.

One thing is certain.  We are living in an imploding world, and we must accept the fact that we are all one humanity.  Isolationism is no longer possible, however much we might wish it could be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:19 pm

8/27/2013

Where were we when this started two to three years ago, so far
                     Asad has killed more than 100,000- people, we look the other way
                     saying now don't do that, we are being phony, once we get into this
                     trust me all hell is going to break loose.......

Cheers..Joe...HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! 925501
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:04 pm

International Law forbids the use of chemical weapons.  It has only been recently that there appears to be proof of that.  It isn't about being phony; it's about not interfering until there are few other options.

Sometimes, Joe, I think you just enjoy complaining.

Have your side-effects from the patches improved since you stopped using them?  Are you hanging in OK?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:09 pm

8/27/2013

For your info I'm not complaining stating that we're opening a
                       can of worms , we may regret....Doing good so far...

Cheers....Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:51 pm

My common sense says we are not the world's policemen or it's protectors. There are other countries capable of leading the charge into Syria, so the prudent decision for us would be to hold back and let them step up.

And then when none of them do, the part of me that rages at the way people are treated leaps to the forefront and shouts "Follow me, world, America will show you how it's done."

If we stand by and allow other people to be treated in this manner, it is just a matter of time until we begin to think it's ok for our own people to be treated the same way. And that, my friends, is why we always have to do something. I'm not in favor of wars based on lies, as Bush did with Afghanistan and Iraq, but I am in favor of putting ourselves between people who are being killed as they are in Syria, and the government who is doing the killing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 9:56 pm

Good points DK, Ann & Don.  I agree.  As for Joe, I think he is simply frustrated.  If there was a simple solution, we would take it.  I don't think anyone one of us has a handle on the right solution.  We seem to agree as do the western powers that something must be done.  But what?  More killing?  Whatever we do with good intentions will have consequences.  What those consequences are we don't know, however keep in mind that revenge is not something that just goes away.  The history of our involvement in the M.E. has shown that.  As a "Christian" nation, we want to do good.  As nations still attuned to the "eye for an eye" mentality, for every action there will be a reaction. 
If we perceive that Assad is the problem, than why not deal with him singularly?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:37 am

8/28/2013

Abe..

I'm not frustrated , evidently when ever I have something to say
                       I'm either not savy for the gang here who think they know everything
                       and when I do say something I'm decalred frustrated or an idiot ! We'll
                       I won't be discussing anything political here anymore, I'm off you can
                       have th site to yourselves and I do hope the democrats loose the senate!
                       Evidently there nothing but a bunch of liberal leftists...

Cheers...Joe..HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! 925501
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:48 am

I'm frustrated Joe in that there is little if anything I can do to change the situation in Syria.  Being frustrated is not name calling, just a condition of helplessness.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:33 am

Remember, Joe, that you bring ideas to the foreground that create threads to which people respond from their experience.  I agree that name-calling is insulting, though I don't see any here.  We need to have a thicker skin sometimes when people present different points of view.  However, if you don't present your point of view, how can others have their thoughts challenged and be forced to dig for their facts and information?

Otherwise, like minds are just repeating to each other.  It is in the dissonance that we find our strength by agreeing to disagree and still respect our differences.

You are valued. We are all frustrated by our helplessness in a world beyond our control that changes our sense of security and hopes for peace in our future and money spent on domestic needs instead of international conflict.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 10:23 am

Don't leave, Joe.  Your opinion is valued.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:53 pm

8/30/2013

We'll dear friends it looks like we're headed towards a war !
                   We know not what we're getting into, the middle East will
                   explode and we'll pay the price with high oil and gas prices,
                   God help us....

Cheers...Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:56 pm

I hope not.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 5:32 pm

joefrank wrote:
8/30/2013

We'll dear friends it looks like we're headed towards a war !
                   We know not what we're getting into, the middle East will
                   explode and we'll pay the price with high oil and gas prices,
                   God help us....

Cheers...Joe...Very Happy
We generally get what we expect.

Change your expectations and you my very will change the result.

We really do create our reality - as a group.  The more people who expect a negative outcome, the more likely it will happen.

We can choose to expect a favorable outcome and in so doing, contribute to the likelihood of a positive effect.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 5:41 pm

8/30/2013

Put it this way: " We have NO BUSINESS doing this, my motto
                         if you put a dictator, a President , a Communist leader then it's
                        up to you the people to get rid of him , not the USA, it's not our
                        business !!.

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 5:42 pm

Ah, miss Ann, you are a Unity person at heart.  Unity believes in the power of positive affirmations multiplied, the power of the mind, the power of meditating on a single thought to bring the entire energy to that idea.  "Every thought is a prayer" is  my favorite church song.  Every thought is a prayer.

Last edited by dkchristi on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 6:08 pm

8/30/2013

Our tush is toast ! We are getting into something that is so
                      horrible, the terrorists will never let us forget this...

Cheers....Joe...HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! 925501
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 5:37 pm

8/31/2013

I see Pres. Obama took the window of opportunity, he knows he
                   has to have congress approval, he saw what happened in England,
                   he knows better ! He holds no power what so ever, congress does I
                   bet they will say " NO !"

Cheers..Joe..HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! 925501
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 10:29 pm

I happen to agree with you on this, Joe. 
The bright side at the moment is that the American people are now saying, "no" to war.  In the past it was "nuke em.  Beat the Shit out of them..." 
At the moment we're sitting on a powder keg.  We have billions invested in an arsenal of weapons.  Many want the chance to use them and Syria is the excuse to do so.  Using them means they need to be replaced and that's the hope of the money people.  It's not so much about human rights, but about money. 

A scenario could come into play that involves many hawkish players.  Israel wants to invade Iran.  N. Korea wants to invade S. Korea.  Iran what to punish Israel.  The supporters of Syria include Russia, N. Korea China and Iran.  That's a powerful force.  With our attention diverted to Syria, any one of the above actions could occur.  What would we do then?  We can't afford war.  We don't want war.  Why start one?
Let the people solve their own problems.  I believe that the Rebels in Syria launched the chemical attack cleverly designed to make it appear that Assad did it.  They seek support for their cause, and that cause is not just to topple Assad, but to gain power.  

We say we're not the world's policeman, so prove it.  Invade America with the money that would be wasted on weapons.  If and when our security is threatened, we would be ready and willing to act.  The fight in Syria is not our concern.  If we talk about the horrors of chemical weapons, let's get rid of our own.
JMO
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:11 am

9/1/2013

Abe..

...............HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! 973110 

Cheers....Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!   HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !! Empty

Back to top Go down

HAS PRES. OBAMA AND CONGRESS LOST THEIR MINDS-WAR AGAIN !!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: