Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow?

Go down 
+10
A Ahad
Carol Troestler
Abe F. March
Sue
Brenda Hill
JoElle
Dick Stodghill
Jenny
zadaconnaway
Helen Wisocki
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow?   URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow? - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 12:32 pm

Helen,

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date.

I really do miss Rainbow's colorful and delightful posts here ... but you have made it possible for us to stay connected.

Thank you! Thank you for getting those addresses for us. I want to send him a note as well. Maybe I can get my dispatcher to get a load to Laredo soon.

I know you've told him, but keep reminding him, we are all thinking of him.

heart
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow?   URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow? - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 1:21 pm

JoElle,

I'm really happy that I can be the connection between Rainbow and all of his friends here on the boards. I've gone back and read many of his comments and his delightful humor.

I've saved a couple of messages from him on my phone, and when I listen to the words that are full of life and enthusiasm, I can't believe I won't be able to talk with him any more. I don't even know what it'll be like tonight when I call. Last night, he was really struggling to talk and said that he's losing his ability to speak. We may be getting to where I'll just have to talk and get no response.

I do tell him how we all care, but I make him cry sometimes. I write down our conversations every day and can't believe how quickly he is leaving us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocencebetrayedbyclergy.com
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow?   URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow? - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 6:23 pm

I just have to say, that I felt good when I got off the phone with Rainbow tonight. Someone called him earlier, but he wasn't able to talk. But after being taken through the kitchen and sitting there for about 5 minutes, I finally hung up and called back. I told my story of thinking that I was in a kitchen for the last 5 min. waiting to be connected to Richard Baum. She laughed and said that they were doing there rounds in the cafeteria. She connected me right away to his room.

Rainbow Rick asked the aide for a drink of water. You have to be patient through the calls. And when he got on the phone, he sounded the best I've heard him in days. He said he didn't have a bad day. He doesn't usually say that.

He had someone try and call him earlier in the day, but he wasn't able to talk at the time. He had no voice. So I think it comes and goes.

He was alert, and actually could stay on the phone long enough for me to tell him how everyone on the board is asking about him. I told him that there was talk on the board to donate some profits from the anthology to a cure for ALS in his name, and that he should have his copy of the anthology tomorrow because I've been tracking it. It was in Laredo today and I'm expecting it'll be delivered to the hospital tomorrow. He was honored and happy.

He new that Bill was due back in two days on Wed. His mind is still very sharp.

If anyone wants to call and talk with him, now's the time to give it a good try. That opportunity may be gone very soon.

It was great talking with him tonight. He was all there again!
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow?   URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow? - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 6:25 pm

It is so sad to have this happen to a candle that burned so brightly, and we are blessed to have you as our connection, Helen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow?   URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow? - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 6:29 pm

I know just what you mean, Zada. He was enjoying life. No matter what it threw at him. But this is just unbelievable that he has to be that one of 2 in 100,000 that get this, I think he told me. I'm still in shock that all of this could've come on so quickly for him.
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow?   URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow? - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 6:29 pm

Thank you, Helen, for the update. I look forward to them!
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow?   URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow? - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 6:32 pm

I felt really good tonight after talking with him and wanted to let everyone know! I'm happy to be here.
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow?   URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow? - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 6:39 pm

I called this evening, and he was very tired, so the call was short. Just let him know we are all thinking of him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow?   URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

URGENT!!!! Can anyone help Rainbow?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5