Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? Empty
PostSubject: 11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ?   11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 8:27 pm

8/21/2013

I know everyone knows the un-employment in this country is so
                  bad I have never in all my years of working remember seeing
                  anything like it. Now the trend is for companies and now it seems
                  all of them are hiring nothing but part-timers, so they don't have
                  to pay benefits. I saw an interview tonight with several college
                  students who graduated six months ago, another one two years ago
                  one was a lawyer and he said all law firms now are contracting Jr.
                  lawyers part time. One young lady who has several big degrees can't
                  even find a full time job and she works as a hostess in a restaurant
                  part time. I remember reading several articles on CNN two years ago
                  about people in their 50's and not quite 62 who were desperate, many
                  told tales of discrimination, the govt. said at the time go back to school
                  get re-educated, many did and they still couldn't find jobs and wound
                  up owing huge sums for student loans.

As of now 2013 many young people face un-certain future for full time
                  work, many are forced to work for less than 30 hrs a week, many have
                  move back home with their parents. Last month the 77,000 jobs that
                  were created were all part time. I read on CNN on Mon. a major retailer
                  who has hundreds of stores across USA I think it's called 21 Clothes or
                  something, they told all employees in a memo as of 8/19/2013 all
                  employees will be part time from now on. I believe this is the wave of
                  the future, we're turning into a part time society which is killing our
                  economy , what is your opinion ?

Cheers..Joe..11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? 925501
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: 11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ?   11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 11:19 pm

Joe, thank Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and the second Bush for the lost jobs. Reagan had the NAFTA program drawn up, the first Bush polished it up and helped pass laws that made it economical for companies to get rid of long time employees, Clinton signed NAFTA, and the second Bush was just an idiot that kept on giving money to his rich friends who weren't creating any jobs. And we're the suckers who have to live with the America they gave us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: 11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ?   11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 7:54 am

What E. Don says is true.
Thank heavens , Romney  lost, or it would be worse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: 11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ?   11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 8:06 am

8/22/2013

I believe a Federal Law has to be created that no company can manufacture
                        or out source jobs to foreign countries , if caught they have to pay a heavy
                       fine like 50% of their profits.... If I know congress they won't do it, it's up to
                       the American public to put on the pressure, Term limits are needed badly, all
                       Congress , Senators two terms that's it ! A President one term 6 years.........

Cheers..Joe...11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? 634186
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: 11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ?   11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 9:18 am

I disagree in part, Joe.  I think a good President should be eligible for election for more than two terms.  If they limit the President, then they should limit Senators and Congressmen.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: 11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ?   11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 9:41 am

8/22/2013

Abe..

That's what I meant , all senators and Congress should be limited..
                        No more lifetime jobs.........

Cheers..Joe...11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? 925501
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: 11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ?   11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:05 am

It's a Constitutional thing.  It's more complicated than terms.  As long as campaigns are funded by special interests there is no representation except for those writing big checks.  Campaign finance reform is possible.  Changing salaries and benefits is possible, especially changing the retirement benefit.  If campaigns were allowed a specific amount only to campaign, equal free tv & radio time, etc. that might make a difference in the type of candidate.

As for jobs.  New jobs come from start-up businesses that don't send their work outside the country, major corporations that grow, services for citizens that require state and federal workers (teachers, firemen, policemen, inspectors),  foreign investment in this country, and people with enough disposable income to buy products.  In a down economy we needed public works projects to stir up the economy and provide people with disposable income to grow other businesses; of course the Republicans blocked that.  They'd rather drive over a crumbling bridge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: 11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ?   11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:19 am

8/22/2013

Maybe all politicians should read what Roosevelt did , that
                        would give hundreds of thousands of jobs.. Look at what this
                        woman did in 1988 who won 50 Million dollars in Fl. Lottery,
                        She deserves the medal of honor...

http://on.aol.com/video/womans-lotto-legacy-lives-on-in-central-florida-517906836?hp=1&playlist=127164&icid=m
                                                     Cheers..Joe..11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? 368598
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: 11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ?   11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:27 am

China is the kingpin.  They have billions of people and billions of money.  They are or will be the world power.  They already own us financially.  Big business have operations in China and the market for the cheap goods is the USA. 
What is China doing that we are not?  One thing is particular that is making a difference is spending money in Africa and other under-developed countries.  They're building roads and schools and creating jobs.  What might have happened had we spent money on infra-structure in Afghanistan instead of money on weapons and killing? What will be remembered with kindness?  Those who have suffered and whose family members that have died or humanitarian aid that includes jobs? 
Might be a good idea to start learning Chinese.
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: 11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ?   11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Abe, a better question might be what would have happened had we spent money in America on infrastructure rather than on two wars over made up reasons. I agree somewhat with Joe on outsourcing jobs, but I'd take it a step farther than he did. I would require any company that outsourced jobs to move their corporate headquarters to that country, along with all of their executives and their wives, husbands, and families, and then I wouldn't allow them to do business inside the United States. Let them get their profits from the same country where they are making their products. If it is a service job they outsource, such as the call center where I worked, I'd require them to keep every employee on the payroll, and freeze any firing or layoffs. I would make sure they made no profit from this country. Companies such as jeans, shoes, boots, appliances, etc. can sell the products in the country where they make them, because when that happens it is a FACT that someone will open up factories here in America to start making those products here again. I don't want to see any company that sends a single job overseas earn one penny of American money.

As far as China goes, we actually borrowed more from our own Social Security fund that we have from China. Whoever the money went to should now be required to pay it back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: 11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ?   11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:32 pm

Spot on, Don.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: 11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ?   11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:01 am

8/23/2013

Just read on CNN where all Fast Food Workers will demonstrate across
                   USA will ask now as one said : " We want $30- Hr." are they ridicuous ?
                   I agree with $15- per hour..

Cheers...Joe..11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? 925501
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ?   11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ? Empty

Back to top Go down

11.5 MILLION UN-EMPLOYED ! WHERE ARE THE FULL TIME JOBS ?
Page 1 of 1