Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET

Go down 
+2
alice
joefrank
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 10:46 am

Imagine, babies are born all over the world every day.  This child will grow up with all the advantages the world has to offer.  Another born into conditions of abject poverty, war and disease will have such a different life. 

For those who believe in a God in charge, it must be puzzling that some in His image must suffer their entire brief lives and others never know hunger or need by virtue of birth.  Some rulers believe they are the hand of God and entitled to their benefits.

In a way, I guess that the elite of any society feel entitled, as if their station in life is their just due while those who suffer deserve their suffering.  Yet, it is all an accident of birth. 

It is fortunate that the English Monarchy has provided royalty who give back to their nation and to the world.  In spite of their entitlements, they show compassion and caring for the suffering in the world and fulfill their duties in the nation's defense.

The birth of a child is a symbol of hope.  In that small replica of its parents and previous generations lie all their hopes and dreams and maybe even the potential for positive world impact.  Wow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 11:25 am

That child's mother is beautiful immediately after her child is born!  What an attractive family.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:26 pm

CNN is still saying he is unnamed.  Weird!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:27 pm

dkchristi wrote:
That child's mother is beautiful immediately after her child is born!  What an attractive family.

For sure.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 1:07 pm

dkchristi wrote:
Imagine, babies are born all over the world every day.  This child will grow up with all the advantages the world has to offer.  Another born into conditions of abject poverty, war and disease will have such a different life. 

For those who believe in a God in charge, it must be puzzling that some in His image must suffer their entire brief lives and others never know hunger or need by virtue of birth.  Some rulers believe they are the hand of God and entitled to their benefits.

In a way, I guess that the elite of any society feel entitled, as if their station in life is their just due while those who suffer deserve their suffering.  Yet, it is all an accident of birth. 

It is fortunate that the English Monarchy has provided royalty who give back to their nation and to the world.  In spite of their entitlements, they show compassion and caring for the suffering in the world and fulfill their duties in the nation's defense.

The birth of a child is a symbol of hope.  In that small replica of its parents and previous generations lie all their hopes and dreams and maybe even the potential for positive world impact.  Wow!
God has a plan. His ways are beyond our understanding.  I think He is not at all pleased with the situation, but for some reason is allowing it to be.   
He will make it up someday, someway.  In the meantime, we have an opportunity to try to even the score.  Some take it and help others.  Others feels superior to the poor. 

Thank you for the very timely reminder.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 11:19 am

7/24/2013

The news media was wrong, baby name just announced by Palace.

King George Alexander Louis

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 2:04 pm

I win! queen
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 4:31 pm

What was the prize?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 4:48 pm

7/24/2013

She won a trip to Florida, land of milk and orange juice..

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 5:14 pm

I have a modest home, but I'll welcome her.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 5:55 pm

Be careful where she goes and what she wears. Florida seems risky right now.
Better give her a gun too.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:05 pm

If you need a gun, it's not a good place to be.
What is appealing about extreme heat and himidity, snakes & allegators?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 7:54 am

Until this week, Florida temperatures where I live have been mild for summer.  They have hit their peak this week, and even nights are hot but the air moves since I'm five miles from the Gulf.

I never see alligators unless I look for them.  I did have snakes in my house that disappeared in a locked bathroom, I know not where (three years ago).  I finally gave in to spray for ants and spiders though the wolf spiders are supposed to be harmless.  They can be gigantic (I wrote a story about one the size of the palm of my hand with red eyes).

Mosquitoes are pretty bad this year, but I understand using a fan to blow them away helps if you are outdoors, but they are sneaky.  I don't go where they are at dusk or in early morning.  The rest of the time is okay.

The Gulf this time of year is 86 degrees or more and an exquisite place to be on a super hot day (in it, not on the beach). Yesterday, there was quite a bit of seaweed and rather large, jumping fish.  Since there are always sharks about, when I see big fish jumping I am cautious and get out of the water so they don't mistake me for a big fish.

The politics of the state are ghastly.  It's a safer place if you are redheaded and white.  They don't seem to profile redheaded, white females.  In my little town there are two police substations within six blocks in either direction and the same for fire stations so I feel pretty safe.  West of me are all upwardly mobile neighborhoods with gates.  To the East of me are working people, many from Mexico, who are too tired to make any trouble. 

We did have a rash of car breakins a couple years ago, but the white teenagers who did it were caught.

As for guns, I do think many Floridians have guns.  It seems to go hand in hand with Republican politics and the NRA influence on thinking.  They work that "rights" thing and the "conspiracy" thing that create a fear and hate-mongering mentality.  It is a concern to me.  I try not to offend anyone and turn the other way when anger is directed at me.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:43 pm

We want you safe DK , AL and Betty too.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 9:52 pm

George
"George" -- the front-runner before the announcement, according to many UK bookmakers -- was the name of Queen Elizabeth's father, King George VI, who reigned from 1936 until his death in 1952. He assumed the throne on the abdication of his brother, Edward VIII. His life was depicted in the Oscar-winning movie "The King's Speech."
                   ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 Image001George I, born in Germany, became king in 1714. He was followed by a line of kings with the same name, including George III, who was known for his bouts of insanity.
The name is also a patriotic choice for many in the UK: Saint George, patron saint of England, is known for his legendary defeat of a dragon in the third century. His feast day is celebrated on April 23, (the date also associated with the birth of William Shakespeare, England's most revered writer).

Despite its royal connections, George has humble origins, derived as it is from the Greek name "georgios" meaning "earth worker" or "farmer."

Other historical Georges: composer George Frideric Handel (1685-1759), first president of the United States George Washington (1732-1799), and the Pacific explorer George Vancouver (1757-1798). Authors Mary Anne Evans and Eric Arthur Blair also chose George as their pen names: George Eliot (1819-1880) and George Orwell (1903-1950) respectively.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 2:29 am

My dad is George, and so is my brother.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 5:03 am

Shelagh, you are connected to royalty.Laughing
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 5:36 am

Here's George of the jungle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaXWy-HQefc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET                      ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ?  BET - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ROYAL BIRTH - GIRL ? OR BOY ? BET
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2