Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Why are men so lost?

Go down 
+6
flashgordon
lin
Dick Stodghill
Abe F. March
A Ahad
zadaconnaway
10 posters
AuthorMessage
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Why are men so lost? Empty
PostSubject: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 1:17 am

By 'lost' I mean that many of them either look over what they are seeking, or fail to look under what they laid on top of the item.

My partner will stand in front of the open refrigerator looking for something, but if it isn't on the first 6 inches of the shelf, he can't find it! But he will stare at the inside of the 'fridge for 10 minutes expecting the picture to change. I hope they never come up with a remote for the refrigerator!

"Where are the pickles?" he will ask.

"They are right behind the milk," I tell him

"Have you seen the book I was reading last night?"

"You might look under the blanket you threw aside when you got up this morning." Sure enough, but he never bothers to look unless it's in plain sight. Heaven forbid that he should look under or behind something.

Having been married several times, I know this is not just him. Maybe it is just the men that I have known.

Anyone else notice this behavior?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 5:02 am

Happens to me all the time, Zada. It's what makes men a bit different to women.

(And my friend always asks why women drivers are so clumsy at reversing LOL...) lol!

Last edited by A Ahad on Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 5:23 am

Actually Zada, have you considered that this "helpless" state could mean they want attention, a state of mind wanting to be rescued? Or could it simply mean they can't live without you?lol!
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 5:27 am

Or that basically most men are stupid.
Why are men so lost? 973110 Why are men so lost? 973110 Why are men so lost? 973110
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 5:45 am

http://www.livescience.com/health/080416-men-memory.html
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 6:03 am

Ahad,
I read that report and was worried, but then forgot what I was worrying about.
Back to top Go down
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 6:55 am

I forgot I posted it Abe confused
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 8:43 am

Oh my, what a puzzle! The comments after the article were interesting, and so was the article itself.

I was thinking in a much kinder vain, such as men had so many weighty things on their minds that there was no time for the mundane!

And he doesn't too often forget things, as much as mislay them and then not be able to find them.

I think his mind races sometimes. He will start sentences and then forget to complete them! He is already thinking about the next one, I guess.

Thank heavens for the gender differences, otherwise we would not need one another.

(I have always been very fond of men)
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 9:11 am

I am offended at being called "lost".

I prefer to think of myself as a "misplaced-American"
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
flashgordon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:07 am

At least I don't look for something all the while still holding it. I've seen that happen too.
Back to top Go down
http://newgreatbooks.blogspot.com
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:15 am

A Ahad wrote:
Happens to me all the time, Zada. It's what makes men a bit different to women.

(And my friend always asks why women drivers are so clumsy at reversing LOL...) lol!

Tell you friend that some women (me included) can back up a 53 foot trailer, attached to a sleeper cab, into a narrow spot between two other parked semi-trucks.

If he doesn't believe me tell him to drive down to the nearest truckstop and watch for a couple of hours.

I can also parallel park. Both a car and a tractor trailer combo.
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 3:13 pm

Zada,

That refrigerator thing drives me crazy! For some reason, I can visualize just what they're asking for and tell them on what shelf and right where it is. Kinda scary.

My son is a perfect example of someone who "loses" things. His cellphone, wallet, thumb drive, keys to his dorm, sunglasses, etc. Over and over again.

But I think it's just easier to ask us women where it is than to actually go looking for it. Which means that they're probably more lazy than stupid. And as long as we can find it for them, why not ask?
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocencebetrayedbyclergy.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 3:42 pm

Dick Stodghill wrote:
Or that basically most men are stupid.
Why are men so lost? 973110 Why are men so lost? 973110 Why are men so lost? 973110
Would I have got away with saying that?
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 4:00 pm

I think men really want to blame it on you. It may not be your fault, they know it is not your fault, but they want to blame it on someone and there you are....the keeper of lost stuff, hording it just for the opportunity that they may want it!!!!

This comes from mothers babying their boy children, giving them excuses for being less than smart.

The girl children have always had to be smart~ lost stuff wise. Exclamation

Love,Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 6:59 am

Helen and Betty hit the nail squarely on the head. It is far easier to ask a woman for help. If it isn't provided, blame it all on her.
I used the "ask a woman" technique all the time when I was a reporter. Look dumb, look puzzled, and before long they would have done it all for you and all you had to do was write the story. I recall a morning after having used that routine when a helpful woman in a county recorder's office said, "You aren't as dumb as you look."
Of course not. She had done it all for me.

Shelagh, I'm surprised you would even ask such a question. Had you said such a thing you would never have heard the end of it.
Why are men so lost? 472940
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 7:10 am

That makes me as daft as you.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 7:36 am

Forest Elf wrote:
Tell you friend that some women (me included) can back up a 53 foot trailer, attached to a sleeper cab, into a narrow spot between two other parked semi-trucks.

If he doesn't believe me tell him to drive down to the nearest truckstop and watch for a couple of hours.

I can also parallel park. Both a car and a tractor trailer combo.

Good on you Forest Elf Very Happy He clearly has no appreciation of hidden talents of the fairer gender...

Cars are advertised for sale in my local papers, week in week out. Those cars that are advertised as belonging to lady drivers sell the quickest. I'd also hazard a guess that women drivers are charged lower premiums for motor insurance, on the grounds that they're more careful and safer drivers.

Both of those things say a lot about their driving proficiencies.
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 9:11 am

Why do we call this "stereotype"?

Oh, because we are talking of being lost in the fridge? That is the home stereo?

Talking about not being able to back up in the car? The car stereo?

I always thought stereotypes were like Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, etc

Shocked
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 9:57 am

Don't be silly.

It's when you write listeing to music.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 11:00 am

I like that lin. Stereotype - typing while listening to the stereo.

A professional in anything takes practice and experience.
Forest is a professionl truck driver and I'm sure can do most anything with the truck that she wants. That is true with most any profession. Even writing takes time and practice until one becomes a professional.
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 11:24 am

I think Abe is on the money when he said: this "helpless" state could mean they want attention, a state of mind wanting to be rescued? Or could it simply mean they can't live without you?lol!

At least, that sounds kinder, and I know men are not stupid. Especially when, as Dick said, they can get women to do the work for them!

Just gotta love the guys and allow them to be who they are, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why are men so lost?   Why are men so lost? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why are men so lost?
Page 1 of 1