Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?

Go down 
+5
alj
Abe F. March
alice
E. Don Harpe
joefrank
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? Empty
PostSubject: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 11:00 am

6/15/2013

Read an article late last night that several companies have approached
                   Social Security to get rid of their old Social Security cards, there are three
                   companies bidding, the new card they talk about is plastic with a microchip
                   in it , the microchip would have all your info, then when a prospect looks for
                   a job the employer takes the card and slides it on a hand scanner, the
                   person seeking the job punches in a code, in a few seconds the National Data
                   base will the the employer if your allowed to work. To me it sounds like their
                   already going to do it, I don't like the idea your private info is put on a card,
                   sounds like more and more control by the Fed. Govt. what is your opinion ?

Cheers  Joe...Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? 925501
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 2:41 pm

6/15/2013

I remember in reading the article last night it sounded to me like a
                  National ID Card, where your information is stored !

Cheers  Joe............Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? 634186
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 4:37 pm

I don't agree with you very often, Joe, but I do this time. It does sound like a National ID card, and I don't like it at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 4:38 pm

If it expedites job searches and gets people employed sooner, I am for it
I have nothing to hide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 4:48 pm

6/15/2013

I don't like the idea of personal info such as medical records, banking or
                   anything else, God knows what they have on every American, if it's just
                   for a job saying your SS is good and your legal then that's fine but any
                   other info is private then again the Govt. does what it wants without the
                   permission of the American public...........

Cheers...........Joe...Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? 925501
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 6:27 pm

All of this information is known, so why not organize it?   Criminal records might be handy--we wouldn't have to worry about accidentally hiring child predators for school bus drivers etc.,
If a person has a history of mental illness and violent behavior, just don't sell them a gun.
People want help--food stamps and government aid, but don't want the government to know anything about them.  
This data base might cut down on SS fraud also.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 8:23 pm

Also, if people know their deeds are public, they can think before they act. Not at all a bad idea
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:54 pm

I happen to agree with Alice.
I have voiced my opinion in the past about a National ID Card.  They exist in Europe and no one, but no one feels offended.  If a person is legitimate, they should have some proof of it.  If the person is not legitimate, there should be a way to find that out up front.

If we are to accept spying on our private lives by surveillance cameras and listening devices, why then object to a National ID Card?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 5:54 am

I have an idea. Why don't we simply have our SS# tattoed into our skin, on the backs of our hands, or maybe it would be easier to see if it was on our foreheads

Quote :
16And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
(Revelation 13:16-17)

Or maybe not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 6:16 am

During the opening sequence of "Man of Steel," Superman's parents commit a crime.  He helps her to give birth to a child they conceived for themselves.  We see the birth.  I was a little disappointed that we didn't see - oh never mind.  The point is, having a child by what we would consider natural means was against the law, as, for centuries past, babies were "decanted," to use Aldous Huxley's term from Brave New World.  All Kryptonians were genetically programmed to fill a certain pre-determined role, some as leaders in specific areas, others as workers with pre-defined tasks.

The concept of having Freedom to Choose was anathema.  Jor-el, Krypton's chief scientist, had tried to warn the leaders of his planet that they were destroying it by overmining its resources.  They didn't listen to him as they were too busy fighting over polarized political ideas to pay any attention to what was going on in their world, and so, the planet had reached its limits and was about to die, so, in order to save their race, the couple had a child, and sent him to Earth, just before their own planet imploded.

Eerie.

The thing is, where does it lead, this whittling away at freedom?  Who will control what goes into the ID card records?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 6:20 am

Paranoia?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 6:23 am

I guess it all depends on whom or what one is afraid of, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 6:29 am

The simple solution would be to put your picture on the SS card.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 6:50 am

And who decides what will be encoded into the back of the card?

We are in the state we are in today because the 1 % has taken control of our lawmakers.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 6:57 am

We're back to paranoia.

Many are afraid of losing their privacy, yet they provide private information on the I-Net, i.e., Facebook. Authors write books and are supposed to self-promote.  The "self" part is not private.  Can you provide some indication of what you are afraid will be encoded on the card? 
Do you know what is encoded on your credit card?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:00 am

What are we freakin over? Remember the census? The takers came into our homes, sat down and questioned us. Who knows what else, other than our answers, they reported
Records of what we purchase on our credit cards are everywhere.
What we say here is public.
Privacy is a joke.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:09 am

No, Abe, any more than I know what is encoded on the back of my driver's license, nor do I know if the information is accurate.  It isn't really about fear, much less paranoia.  It is about having sense enough to know who you can choose to trust.  At the moment, I do not hold a lot of trust in our lawmakers.  Do you?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:27 am

No, I don't trust the lawmakers.  We can only cast a single vote to a person who we believe told less lies than their opponent.  What they do once elected, we can't control.
I have more confidence in the government where I now live than in my home country.  I don't think this remark will go over well with many, but it is my honest opinion.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:33 am

Not trying to sell anybody on the Bible, so please don’t take my comment as such.

The Bible warns about the mark of the beast. People will not be able to buy, or sell anything without the mark. Rev 13:17

Governments have always done things in steps. First the card. Bad guys have been stealing cards for years. Step two, implant a chip in the hand. Step three, put your money on the chip.

What’s bad about this? The government controls your money. They can turn off the use of your money. They can track you from satellite. It sound like only the bad guys are in trouble. Not true. The government will have complete control over your life.

Our government is already out of control. Those the IRS targeted, were asking, “What books they have read, and too write out what the book was about.” They also asked, “When you pray, what do you pray about.”

These are questions the law suits against the IRS are based on. I don’t think the general public can stop the train at this point. We are in for a bad time.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:51 am

How strange! How do we sell books, if no one knows we exist?

Dom, anytime there has been an effort to organize information, the Mark of the Beast issue has been raised.

God is much stronger than the government. He has promised to never leave us or forsake us. He will get us through..
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:07 am

I'm sure he will get us through Alice. But he does say these things will happen. For those who believe in the Bible, Jesus did say, "If they do these things to me, what do you think they will do to you?"
If they do give an option of a chip, I for one will not take it.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:42 am

I don't think we will have an option.

We have no control over what information is kept on us now.

Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 9:00 am

We can refuse a chip. I believe there will be something we will have too agree to if we take one.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 9:02 am

The Paris student rebellion failed.  The joyful version sung at the end was due more to a change of heart than it was to angry rebellion.

I believe we have learned that lesson today.

It never pays to respond to violence with more violence - ever.

The way to power today is through knowledge, and knowledge is being revealed to the people these days.

They will not stop singing
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 9:08 am

Didn't intend to double post.  since the space is here I will say something more.

Inspector Javert is evident in this crowd.  he is in disguise in order to spy on the students so he can bring about the end to their rebellion. He is not present in the finale.  His insistence on judgement over mercy and forgiveness died - by his own actions - when he killed himself rather than live in a world of compassion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next