Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Fishing Fiction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jim Woods
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Jim Woods

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Fishing Fiction Empty
PostSubject: Fishing Fiction   Fishing Fiction EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 3:41 pm

The Presidential election was too close to call. Neither the Republican candidate nor the Democratic candidate had enough votes to win. There was much talk about ballot recounting, court challenges, etc., but a week-long ice fishing competition seemed the sportsmanlike way to settle things. The candidate that caught the most fish at the end of the week would win the election.

Therefore, it was decided that there should be an ice fishing contest between the two candidates to determine the winner.

After much of back and forth discussion, it was decided that the contest take place on a remote frozen lake in northern Minnesota. There were to be no observers present, and both men were to be sent out separately on this isolated lake and return at 5 P.M. with their catch for counting and verification by a team of neutral parties. At the end of the first day, John Mc. returned to the starting line and he had ten fish.

Soon, Obama returned and had no fish. Well, everyone assumed he was just having another 'bad hair' day or something and hopefully, he would catch up the next day.

At the end of the 2nd day John Mc. came in with 20 fish and Obama came in again with none.

That evening, Harry Reid got together secretly with Obama and said, 'Obama, I think John Mc. is a low-life, cheatin' son-of-a-gun. I want you to go out tomorrow and don't even bother with fishing. Just spy on him and see just how he is cheating.'

The next night (after John Mc. returns with 50 fish), Harry said to Obama, 'Well, tell me, how is John Mc. cheating?'

Obama replied, 'Harry, you're not going to believe this, but he's cutting holes in the ice.'

Experience Counts
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Fishing Fiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing Fiction   Fishing Fiction EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 7:11 pm

Too funny, Jim, for me to not laugh loudly!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Fishing Fiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing Fiction   Fishing Fiction EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 6:13 am

When we were building our cabin in the woods, a stonemason and his helper were working on our fireplace. I looked out on the ice and there were sticks in the ice, which the workers often looked out at. After asking, they told me they were ice fishing as they worked on our fireplace.

In the winter whole villages of shacks appear on the lakes, with plowed lanes between them.

But there are times I wonder. There seem to be those who love the ice fishing for the quiet, isolation, and catching fish sometimes seems a secondary pleasure, unless it meant winning a major election, of course.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Fishing Fiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing Fiction   Fishing Fiction EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 6:51 am

Carol Troestler wrote:

... But there are times I wonder. There seem to be those who love the ice fishing for the quiet, isolation, and catching fish sometimes seems a secondary pleasure, ...
Carol

Carol, I thought that was the whole idea of fishing, whether the lake was iced over or not. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Sponsored content

Fishing Fiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing Fiction   Fishing Fiction Empty

Back to top Go down

Fishing Fiction
Page 1 of 1