Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Acts of God/Natural Disasters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Acts of God/Natural Disasters Empty
PostSubject: Acts of God/Natural Disasters   Acts of God/Natural Disasters EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 6:34 am

At one time, natural disasters were referred to as “Acts of God.” You would find an “Acts of God” exclusion clause in Insurance Policies. That was changed. At one time a policy on your life was called, “Death Insurance”. That was changed. Apparently Life Insurance sounded better. The only thing changed were the titles.
Today I read a post on FB wondering if the news is sensationalizing bad news about the weather. We know that bad news sells, and sensationalizing is a reporter’s method to get his/her copy in print.
For a country that claims to "Trust in God" or "In God we Trust" and believe that God is blessing America, I'm a bit confused. Is God blessing America with Tornados, Hurricanes, Floods and Earth Quakes? It appears that some think we can destroy our environment and then ask God to fix it. I wonder why he gave us a mind if one expects someone else to fix the problems they create? Are we blaming God or Trusting in God? To my way of thinking, God is within us. We have the ability to create or destroy. So why not blame ourselves?
Insurance for our dependents upon death makes sense. We know there is no Insurance that will prevent death or sustain life. Preparing for the inevitable makes sense and that includes the destruction of our environment. God is not responsible.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Acts of God/Natural Disasters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acts of God/Natural Disasters   Acts of God/Natural Disasters EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:45 pm

People have put their head in the sand regarding climate change and looked for evidence to the contrary. Somehow, I find melting ice caps pretty strong evidence! But rather than face our own impact on the environment, we're ready to believe and hold onto anything besides our own guilt or responsibility.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com

Acts of God/Natural Disasters
Page 1 of 1